Tea party favorite loses runoff in Alabama

Not only that, most of the libs focus on the fringe people within the movement...

The main message of the TP is less gubmint, stop spending money we don't have, and lower taxes...

How that hapens is debated often within the movement...

Unless of course, you are referring to MediCare or cleaning up BP's oil spill from the beaches of Louisiana or....

That doesn't change the message of smaller government, less spending, reducing the debt, and trying to get taxes down as a result of the first 3.

No, "That" doesn't change the message but it does contradict it.

We CANNOT win in Iraq, so I agree we should get the hell out and defend ourselves from our own turf. THAT is a plan.
We CANNOT win in Afghanistan, so I agree we should get the hell out and defend ourselves from our own turf. THAT is a plan.
Fight terrorism with Intelligence. It is the BEST plan. Our military is NOT designed to fight terrorism.
Close GITMO completely. Why do we need it? Defend ourselves from our own turf. THAT is a plan.

You gave no plan. You simply offered "direction"
For example....
Close GITMO......and the plan for the prisoners?
Fight Terrorism with intelligence....great idea....exactly how will that work? Do you have a plan?
Defend ourselves from our own turf.....OK...great idea.....exactly what would be the plan? Anti aircraft batteries all along our shores? How will that go over with the environmentalists and the far left?

Yu offered exactly what the tea party offers.....ideas with no plan to get there

Close GITMO......and the plan for the prisoners? Send them back to their countries of origin.
Fight Terrorism with intelligence....great idea....exactly how will that work? Do you have a plan? Yes. It is called the CIA, FBI, etc. etc.....
Defend ourselves from our own turf.....OK...great idea.....exactly what would be the plan? Anti aircraft batteries all along our shores? How will that go over with the environmentalists and the far left? Anti-aircraft batteries sounds like antiquated tactics to me. We have the largest Navy and Air Force in the WORLD. Use it to defend US. This would have minimal impact on those "far left environmentalists" you speak of.

Close GITMO......and the plan for the prisoners? Send them back to their countries of origin......release our enemies back to the front without trial?
Fight Terrorism with intelligence....great idea....exactly how will that work? Do you have a plan? Yes. It is called the CIA, FBI, etc. etc.........How did that pan out for us in 2001?
Defend ourselves from our own turf.....OK...great idea.....exactly what would be the plan? Anti aircraft batteries all along our shores? How will that go over with the environmentalists and the far left? Anti-aircraft batteries sounds like antiquated tactics to me. We have the largest Navy and Air Force in the WORLD. Use it to defend US. This would have minimal impact on those "far left environmentalists" you speak of.[/QUOTE].....thousands of miles of coastline. Impossible task. Are you military or retired military? IMPOSSIBLE TASK. Heck, we cant even control 1000 miles of border!

So, you see? You have ideas, but no valid plan to acheive them. Yet you ridicule a group of people who have ideas but have no valid plan to acheive them..

Last edited:

The stuff I put in Bold...

And you consider that a credible source?

You cant be serious.

It was in all of the papers. There were Tea Partiers who were arrested, a whole family of vigilantes in Michigan because they were stockpiling ammo and guns.

You can try to minimize their violent tendencies but it is there.

Bart Stupak did receive many hate messages after the Healthcare Reform bill passed.

Deny all you wish..

tea party activists arrested - Google Search

tea party protesters arrested - Google Search

Please show me the legit sources that verify your claim

Please see the ORIGINAL Tea Bag Party for the whereabouts of the name, and place blame where it belongs, Skippy
the New American Tea Bag Party: Tax Protest for Busy People

Not at all. However, since Tea Baggers are Constitutionlists by nature, I am still trying to figure out how they cherry pick which programs they want to stay. Care to explain the logic, Skippy?

Not really, because it would be a waste of time with you. You've shown that over and over here. But thanks for once again showing your ignorance.

Rick

Run away! Run away!

Keep looking foolish! Keep looking foolish!

For example....
Fight Terrorism with intelligence....great idea....exactly how will that work? Do you have a plan?
Defend ourselves from our own turf.....OK...great idea.....exactly what would be the plan? Anti aircraft batteries all along our shores? How will that go over with the environmentalists and the far left?

Yu offered exactly what the tea party offers.....ideas with no plan to get there

Close GITMO......and the plan for the prisoners? Send them back to their countries of origin.
Fight Terrorism with intelligence....great idea....exactly how will that work? Do you have a plan? Yes. It is called the CIA, FBI, etc. etc.....
Defend ourselves from our own turf.....OK...great idea.....exactly what would be the plan? Anti aircraft batteries all along our shores? How will that go over with the environmentalists and the far left? Anti-aircraft batteries sounds like antiquated tactics to me. We have the largest Navy and Air Force in the WORLD. Use it to defend US. This would have minimal impact on those "far left environmentalists" you speak of.

Close GITMO......and the plan for the prisoners? Send them back to their countries of origin......release our enemies back to the front without trial?
Fight Terrorism with intelligence....great idea....exactly how will that work? Do you have a plan? Yes. It is called the CIA, FBI, etc. etc.........How did that pan out for us in 2001?
.....thousands of miles of coastline. Impossible task. Are you military or retired military? IMPOSSIBLE TASK. Heck, we cant even control 1000 miles of border!

So, you see? You have ideas, but no valid plan to acheive them. Yet you ridicule a group of people who have ideas but have no valid plan to acheive them..[/QUOTE]

My father was in the AF for 26 years. IF we stopped being the world's polilce and actually concentrated our forces of defending our own people, this is NOT an impossible task. If you know anything about the military, you would already know this.

.....thousands of miles of coastline. Impossible task. Are you military or retired military? IMPOSSIBLE TASK. Heck, we cant even control 1000 miles of border!

So, you see? You have ideas, but no valid plan to acheive them. Yet you ridicule a group of people who have ideas but have no valid plan to acheive them..

[/QUOTE]My father was in the AF for 26 years. IF we stopped being the world's polilce and actually concentrated our forces of defending our own people, this is NOT an impossible task. If you know anything about the military, you would already know this.[/QUOTE]

I may be on in years, but I have not forgotten all I have learned.
No sir. Worlds police or not, our Navy and Our Air Force are by no means large enough to defend the enitre coast line of America. Our flat top fleets can cover a good part, yes, but with technolgy today, not everything. Furthermore, it is foolish military tactic to wait at your homeland to defend. You want to have the front as far away as possible.

I believe your father would be disapppointed that you would consider it sound military strategy to have the front on your own shore line....or to INVITE the front to be on your own shores.

FYI....on 9-11, by the time we scrambled our f-18's, the attack was over.

Last edited:

My father was in the AF for 26 years. IF we stopped being the world's polilce and actually concentrated our forces of defending our own people, this is NOT an impossible task. If you know anything about the military, you would already know this.[/QUOTE]

No sir. Worlds police or not, our Navy and Our Air Force are by no means large enough to defend the enitre coast line of America. Our flat top fleets can cover a good part, yes, but with technolgy today, not everything. Furthermore, it is foolish military tactic to wait at your homeland to defend. You want to have the front as far away as possible.

I believe your father would be disapppointed that you would consider it sound military strategy to have the front on your own shore line....or to INVITE the front to be on your own shores.

FYI....on 9-11, by the time we scrambled our f-18's, the attack was over.[/QUOTE]

The front wasn't on our shoreline on 9/11. Maybe if we'd had the Saudi airbase ON our shoreline we'd have been better prepared, or,

maybe we wouldn't have been attacked in the first place.

Bullshit - -you want answers from the Tea Party on how they are going to fix things... They have been giving you answers, but they are not of one voice... They are not a party (as you wrongly think they are) and do not come out with a party platform... they are a collection of like-minded (for the major issues I stated earlier) individuals who see a broken system and want to do something about it... How it happens is up for debate, but they all know it isn't through raising taxes and expaning gubmint programs and entitlements...

And it is BECAUSE they do not have a unified voice or vision that they come off as extremist and simply anti-Obama. Do YOU respect people who do nothing but bitch and bring ZIP to the table as far as how to fix things?

I saw it for 8 years.
Leave Iraq without a plan....Leave A-stan without a plan
Fight terrorism without violence
Close GITMO without a plan
Heck...even our esteeemed POTUS insisted on closing GITMO without a plan.

But you expect a group of voters to have a plan?

Did you happen to see

Enter iraq without a plan....Leave A-stan to fester without a real plan to invade iraq without a plan
Fight terrisim by invading a country in the hopes that terroritsts will follow us there instead of dealing with them where they were and finishing the job in A-stan.
Open gitmo violating people's inalienable human rights with no plan on what to do with them.

The sad thing is that many tea partiers claims that they are "force" to be reckoned with and yet when push comes to shove some of their most ardent supporters on this board seem to admit that they are not organized, have no co-herent message, and despite all of their wide ranging criticism of obama and the left they have no solutions.

So which is it? Are they organized and a force to be reckoned with or are they merely a jumble of different groups that get together to bitch and whine about anything and everything while having nothing valid to offer? You can't have it both ways.

The tea party agenda is the same old conservative crackpot Republican agenda that the loons surrounding Ronald Reagan thought would work:

Cut taxes, increase military spending, reduce the rest of the size of government (because they don't want to reduce the size of the government they like, they want to reduce the size of YOUR government)

and then wave a magic wand and poof!!! the budget is balanced.

It was VOODOO ECONOMICS then, and it's VOODOO ECONOMICS now.

And it is BECAUSE they do not have a unified voice or vision that they come off as extremist and simply anti-Obama. Do YOU respect people who do nothing but bitch and bring ZIP to the table as far as how to fix things?

I saw it for 8 years.

Did you happen to see

Enter iraq without a plan....Leave A-stan to fester without a real plan to invade iraq without a plan
Fight terrisim by invading a country in the hopes that terroritsts will follow us there instead of dealing with them where they were and finishing the job in A-stan.
Open gitmo violating people's inalienable human rights with no plan on what to do with them.

The sad thing is that many tea partiers claims that they are "force" to be reckoned with and yet when push comes to shove some of their most ardent supporters on this board seem to admit that they are not organized, have no co-herent message, and despite all of their wide ranging criticism of obama and the left they have no solutions.

So which is it? Are they organized and a force to be reckoned with or are they merely a jumble of different groups that get together to bitch and whine about anything and everything while having nothing valid to offer? You can't have it both ways.

The tea partyers are a group with a vision. No plan, but a vision. Very much like the war porotesters of the 60's. They had a vision, but no plan. They wanted peace, but had no plan to acheive it for South Vietnam. They wanted peace, but no plan to stop the spread of communism nto a country that did not want it.

I certainly did not hold their vision without a plan against them and I certainly do not hold it against the tea partyers to have a vision without a plan.

I hold Bush responsible for asking copngress for approval to go into Iraq without a sound plan and I hold congress responsible for approving the move.

I hold Obama responsible for his executive order and CAMPAIGN PROMISE to close GITMO without a plan and I hold him repsonsible for his CAMPAIGN PROMISE to leave Iraq in 6 months without a plan.

Being an american citizen and preaching your vision without a plan is what America is all about.

Being an elected official and making promises and sometimes acting without a plan is inexcusable.

As fopr being a force to be reckoned with? They most certainly are. It is THEIR vision that has many politicians trying to come up with a plan to campaign with.

Very much like it was the vision of the left who prompted Obama to camapaign with the mantras of change.

I just hope that our next President has a valid plan and not just a promise to meet the vision of the electorate.

Last edited:
I saw it for 8 years.

We CANNOT win in Iraq, so I agree we should get the hell out and defend ourselves from our own turf. THAT is a plan.
We CANNOT win in Afghanistan, so I agree we should get the hell out and defend ourselves from our own turf. THAT is a plan.
Fight terrorism with Intelligence. It is the BEST plan. Our military is NOT designed to fight terrorism.
Close GITMO completely. Why do we need it? Defend ourselves from our own turf. THAT is a plan.

For example....

What was the plan to do with the prisoners when they were put there?? Even W let some go so what was the plan??

Using intelligence to go after terrorists by finding out where they live, sleep and eat is a hell of a lot better plan than invading Iraq to go after them when they weren't there until they followed our soldiers there because they made easy targets. Then W cut and ran away from finishing the job in afghanistan and leave it to fester into what it has become today so obama was left with yet another of W's problems to solve.

The sad thing is that defend ourself on our own turf was basically what republicans said when they attacked clinton for using our military to "police the world" but it seems that they had no problem with it when their guy became president and wanted to do just what he campaigned against when he was running for president.

BTW I see you made no comments about his iraq and afghanistan comments, why is that?

My father was in the AF for 26 years. IF we stopped being the world's polilce and actually concentrated our forces of defending our own people, this is NOT an impossible task. If you know anything about the military, you would already know this.[/QUOTE]

FYI....on 9-11, by the time we scrambled our f-18's, the attack was over.[/QUOTE]

On 9/11.....F-16s were scambled....

The tea party agenda is the same old conservative crackpot Republican agenda that the loons surrounding Ronald Reagan thought would work:

Cut taxes, increase military spending, reduce the rest of the size of government (because they don't want to reduce the size of the government they like, they want to reduce the size of YOUR government)

and then wave a magic wand and poof!!! the budget is balanced.

It was VOODOO ECONOMICS then, and it's VOODOO ECONOMICS now.

Sweeping generalizations aside, YOUR plan of taxing the fuck out of the middle and upper class (everybody who PAYS taxes) for massive entitlement programs is not working... We tried to tell you wealth redistribution is a bad idea...

This country self-identifies as conservative 2-1 over liberal... Once they start electing conservatives who govern as conservatives things may change...

Forum List

Back