Tea Party Express uses Tuscon Shootings to Raise Money

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Tea Party Express raising money in aftermath of Arizona shooting - Yahoo! News

The Tea Party Express, a California-based conservative political action committee, sent out a letter to supporters Monday requesting donations in reaction to Saturday’s shooting at a political event in Tucson, Arizona that claimed six lives.

“It is quite clear that liberals are trying to exploit this shooting for their own political benefit, and they used deception and dishonesty to try and smear all of us and our beliefs,” the letter reads. “You know what the truth is?  The truth is that the shooter, Jared Loughner is the one responsible for this atrocity. But liberals are trying to place the blame on society for embracing the tea party movement.”

The group, which helped fund the Republican primary campaigns of Joe Miller in Alaska, Christine O’Donnell in Delaware and Sharron Angle in Nevada, ended the letter with a request for donations.

“We’re taking our country back through the ballot box and in the public square – through peaceful means,” the letter reads. “And we will prevail, because our ideas and ideals are stronger than the scare/smear/defame tactics of the leftists we face. We ask you to please stand with the Tea Party Express and show your support for our efforts. You can make a contribution online right now to the Tea Party Express – CLICK HERE TO CONTRIBUTE.”

Last edited by a moderator:
They start their communication with this.................

“It is quite clear that liberals are trying to exploit this shooting for their own political benefit, and they used deception and dishonesty to try and smear all of us and our beliefs,”

And end it with this............

"You can make a contribution online right now to the Tea Party Express – CLICK HERE TO CONTRIBUTE.”

There is so much wrong with this one hardly knows where to start. :eusa_whistle:

“It is quite clear that liberals are trying to exploit this shooting for their own political benefit, and they used deception and dishonesty to try and smear all of us and our beliefs,”

"You can make a contribution online right now to the Tea Party Express – CLICK HERE TO CONTRIBUTE.”

There is so much wrong with this one hardly knows where to start. :eusa_whistle:
uh, you didnt read the link, did ya?

Uhhh.....what are doing? Following me around now?

Everybody is going to use this event for their own purposes, I think.

That is the nature of the political scene right now.

EVery tragedy, every event however minor or major, is just more grist for spinmasters' mills.

Both are equally wrong. I have no problem with criticizing Bernie Sanders for doing such a thing. I'm wondering however whether people will criticize the Tea Party Express.

I have seem Tea Party members criticizing the Tea Party Express for months. Why do you think they would suddenly have trouble doing so because they are finally coming to your attention?

Both are equally wrong. I have no problem with criticizing Bernie Sanders for doing such a thing. I'm wondering however whether people will criticize the Tea Party Express.

I have seem Tea Party members criticizing the Tea Party Express for months. Why do you think they would suddenly have trouble doing so because they are finally coming to your attention?
isnt that the splinter group that was ostracized by the main national group?

Yet you chose to criticize the Tea Party by creating a thread about it and NOT include Bernie Sanders....

That's called "being a leftist hack"... Kudos...

Considering Sharon Angle was one of the people talking about "second amendment solutions", she should be the LAST person to use this tragedy as a fund raiser.

Yet you chose to criticize the Tea Party by creating a thread about it and NOT include Bernie Sanders....

Except there was already a thread about Bernie Sanders.

Here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...draising-on-the-backs-of-slain-arizonans.html

Why would I make a thread that is only going to be merged with that one anyway?

Perhaps instead of trying to dodge what the Tea Party Express has done by attacking me, maybe you could stop being a partisan hack for once.

I'm referring to on this board. As for the TPE, they're not just "coming to my attention".

Except there was already a thread about Bernie Sanders.

Here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...draising-on-the-backs-of-slain-arizonans.html

Why would I make a thread that is only going to be merged with that one anyway?

Perhaps instead of trying to dodge what the Tea Party Express has done by attacking me, maybe you could stop being a partisan hack for once.
did you comment in that thread before you started this one?
;)

Uhhh.....what are doing? Following me around now?

Jesus Christ man, if you don't want to be repsonded to don't post. Paranoid much? The is an open message board. If you want to converse privately do it in PM

Forum List

Back