Tea Party Expells Leader For Racially Insensitive Satire

:lol: His name is Ben Jealous!

On CBS' "Face the Nation," NAACP President Ben Jealous faced off against David Webb of the National Tea Party Federation.

From what i've read up on and seen of Ben Jealous he is a very fairminded man.

He may see some things as racist when they aren't but considering his age I find it easy to overlook that and look into what the core message of what he has said is. I think he is a good man.

The good news is they ALL denounce the extreme rhetoric! :thup:

On CBS' "Face the Nation," NAACP President Ben Jealous faced off against David Webb of the National Tea Party Federation. Webb said Mark Williams, the former chairman and spokesman of Tea Party Express who came under fire last week for writing a satirical letter in which he called slavery a "great gig," and his group had been expelled from the National Tea Party Federation. Webb blasted the NAACP's "selective condemnation of racism," which he attributed to "fringe elements" within the tea party, and called on Jealous to denounce members of the New Black Panther Party for saying they want to "kill cracker babies."

"We absolutely denounce the New Black Panther Party," Jealous said, adding that the NBPP is a very small organization. "But they aren't in our group. These folks are in your groups."

Webb and Jealous agreed to make joint appearances to discuss race relations and other issues.

"We absolutely denounce the New Black Panther Party," Jealous said, adding that the NBPP is a very small organization. "But they aren't in our group. These folks are in your groups."

44 - Tea party leader expelled over slavery letter

This is what all the defenders of the racist tea party fool seem to always forget.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that BUT part...The NBPP are Tea Party people? :doubt:

Last edited:

This is what all the defenders of the racist tea party fool seem to always forget.

:confused: What do they forget exactly?

"Slanderous" was the word used by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, to describe the NAACP's resolution on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"I think it's slanderous to suggest the vast movement of citizens who have gotten off the couch and showed up at town hall meetings and tea party events, somehow to smear them with this label, there's just no basis for it," Cornyn said.

Vice President Joe Biden said on ABC's "This Week" that the tea party "is not a racist organization,"

Vice President Joe Biden said on ABC's "This Week" that the tea party "is not a racist organization,"

TruthMatters you need to stop with the drive by talking points posts. Keep them out of my threads I want honest and open discussions not talking points meant to hurt people's feelings and demean entire groups based on the actions of a few individuals.

Thanks in advance.

BTW your post is sorta hypocritical considering this thread is an EXAMPLE OF the TeaParty doing the very things your post claimst they dont.

in case you missed it..http://www.usmessageboard.com/tea-p...-hell-away-from-us-we-dont-want-you-here.html

You dont get to tell other posters what to post.

Now tell me why did the right defend this guy right up until the TP kicked them out?

Tell me why the response by the right to defend this ASSHOLE RACIST mostly included bullshit about "well look at what the NBP's did?"

>

Webb said Mark Williams, the former chairman and spokesman of Tea Party Express who came under fire last week for writing a satirical letter in which he called slavery a "great gig," and his group had been expelled from the National Tea Party Federation.

Yeap and the right on here defended thos asshole right up until the tea party kicked him out.

The tea party thinks those posters are racists.

You dont get to tell other posters what to post.

Now tell me why did the right defend this guy right up until the TP kicked them out?

Tell me why the response by the right to defend this ASSHOLE RACIST mostly included bullshit about "well look at what the NBP's did?"

I'm a libertarian who is into the same message that the teapartiers present "Smaller government, more liberty, less spending, balanced budet, and as a result of those lower taxes" I'm not "The right" especially considering my stance on many social issues.

Again you need to understand just who you are adressing your question to. I'm the guy calling out people for not being consistant on this stuff.

I'm the one who dissaproves of racism whether its some idiot in the tea party or some moron from the New Black Panther Party. Your the one who dissaproves of it in the TeaParty but condones it from the NBPP.

Please dont be a hypocrite and pay attention to who your adressing.

I'm not a Tea Party member but when they first began their movement I could see how the other side wanted to dismiss them and conveniently label them as racist rednecks.

At the time, I said pretty much the same thing Senator Cornyn said:

"I think it's slanderous to suggest the vast movement of citizens who have gotten off the couch and showed up at town hall meetings and tea party events, somehow to smear them with this label, there's just no basis for it,"

Now, I applaud The Tea Party for officially denouncing the racist rhetoric and I thank Pilgrim for his fair minded posts on this subject.

If certain posters here want to excuse the racists and still call themselves Tea Partiers it is only a reflection of those individual posters, not the TP.

I'm not a Tea Party member but when they first began their movement I could see how the other side wanted to dismiss them and conveniently label them as racist rednecks.

At the time, I said pretty much the same thing Senator Cornyn said:

"I think it's slanderous to suggest the vast movement of citizens who have gotten off the couch and showed up at town hall meetings and tea party events, somehow to smear them with this label, there's just no basis for it,"

Now, I applaud The Tea Party for officially denouncing the racist rhetoric and I thank Pilgrim for his fair minded posts on this subject.

If certain posters here want to excuse the racists and still call themselves Tea Partiers it is only a reflection of those individual posters, not the TP.

Awww shucks :redface:

I have to give out more rep first because this post needs some ;)

Forum List

Back