Tea Party Economic Rationality

Umm Tea Party and rationality do not go together.
They are pretty much a fear driven reactionary bunch of right wingers deluding themselves.

Deluding themselves about what? You really think they're irrational? Like how?

Dunno what a reactionary is, but no doubt you meant it as a compliment. :confused:

What I see is a bunch of ordinary folks who are a little worried about the direction the country is going in and have the gumption to speak up about it. What's so bad about that.

I can't for the life of me, see why the Tea Party is not outraged by the control that big business has in our country. I can see why big business loves the Tea Party, though.

With a much higher tax rate for the wealthy all the way through the 50's to 80's the average working Joe had a much better life.

Big business got greedy and said they wanted tax breaks. They wanted to turn there money over yearly and not make capital improvements for sustained growth. Now our exports are 7% and still they are not patriotic enough to put heavy tariffs on foreign produced goods. It is because multinational companies pay lobbyists big bucks to talk sweetly to our legislators.

For years Wall Street and big business has argued for deregulation and got it. Wall Street and big business greed has caused our economy to fail. Why are you not outraged?

I am willing to work on cost cutting in government. Are you willing to rein in the Wall Street and big business?

Control of the Country by big business? Have you been in a coma for the last two (long long) years of Obama and the two years before that of democrat dominated congress? Fannie Mae was a "partnership" between the lending/banking industry and (God help us) the fools in congress who couldn't even run a hot dog stand. Under (democrat) congressional leadership the CEO Frank Raines allegedly cooked the books to show a fake profit tied to his bonus. He walked away after three years with 90 Million (taxpayer) dollars. Banking sissy Barney Frank said he had "ideological blinders" on when he told the Country Fannie was solvent when it was in big trouble. The point of my rant is to illustrate that the federal government doesn't stimulate the economy nor does it make a dime. It confiscates money made by "big business". Congress couldn't even run a small post office without stealing stamps.

I can't for the life of me, see why the Tea Party is not outraged by the control that big business has in our country. ....
I am willing to work on cost cutting in government. Are you willing to rein in the Wall Street and big business?

Yeah, you seem pretty fucking confused over a heluva lot:

The Democratic Party is outraged over business; Not the Tea Party.

WTF do you mean "rein in big business?"

You realise people work for businesses right? You realise that the jobless rate is high?

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO "REIN IN" ANY BUSINESS???

Shit, who opened the door and let you out of the Stupid Farm?

Corporations are evil. It was Rockefeller who gave us the Delaware Corporate law anyway. It used to be practically illegal in this country to have a corporation, unless you could prove you were working with the best interests of the United States, and then you could only have a ten year charter. Rockefeller changed that by suggesting he could pay taxes to let him operate against the United States. He did this in New Hampshire by convincing them they could make lots of money in taxes he was willing to pay. After New Hampshire accepted, he went to Delaware and showed how much New Hampshire was making, and Delaware set their own law with lower tax rates. This is why over 60% of the corporations in this country are founded in Delaware.

They are pretty much a fear driven reactionary bunch of right wingers deluding themselves.

Dunno what a reactionary is, but no doubt you meant it as a compliment. :confused:

What I see is a bunch of ordinary folks who are a little worried about the direction the country is going in and have the gumption to speak up about it. What's so bad about that.

By reactionary I mean knee jerk resoponses as opposed to a well considered plan of action.

I can't for the life of me, see why the Tea Party is not outraged by the control that big business has in our country. I can see why big business loves the Tea Party, though. ...

Here's the part I think you're missing: Many of them are. And liberals and progressives are missing a golden opportunity to actually do something about the problem by not reaching out to these people.

What's standing in the way is the Democrats leaders' affinity to for power and control. They don't seem to be satisfied with changing the rules in ways that will strip corporations of their power and privilege. They want more. From what I've seen, the Democrats in Congress don't really want to diminish the dominant positions of corporations at all - they just want a piece of the action.

If you want to get the attention of the Tea Party, if you want some help in making real inroads into corporate power over government, cut all the special favors that have been granted to corporations by government. Instead of pushing for phony tax increases that will merely be evaded with the byzantine labyrinth of loopholes and 'incentives', simplify the tax code removing all the perks and favors. Instead of getting into bed with the corporations with intrusive laws regulating prices and salaries, just make them play by the same rules as the rest of us.

You'll find a lot of sympathy for ending corporate welfare in the Tea Party if you can do it in a way that isn't just replacing the oppressive power of corporations with the oppressive power of the state.

By reactionary I mean knee jerk resoponses as opposed to a well considered plan of action.

Not sure I'd claim that any other political entity isn't reactionary, and I sure haven't seen many well considered plans of action. The TPers are kind of fractionated, with no central control and no organization to speak of. So they ain't as connected or as coordinated, maybe that ain't such a bad thing.

So, what do you or anyone else think they're deluded about? And why do you think they're irrational? Cuz they backed a few candidates that were shall we say, out of the ordinary? I might say they were not as poliically savvy as they should be, but I don't know about being irrational.

Not sure I'd claim that any other political entity isn't reactionary, and I sure haven't seen many well considered plans of action. The TPers are kind of fractionated, with no central control and no organization to speak of. So they ain't as connected or as coordinated, maybe that ain't such a bad thing.

So, what do you or anyone else think they're deluded about? And why do you think they're irrational? Cuz they backed a few candidates that were shall we say, out of the ordinary? I might say they were not as poliically savvy as they should be, but I don't know about being irrational.

Backing some of the candidates they have backed is not rational.
Just a pack mentality thing.

Backing some of the candidates they have backed is not rational.
Just a pack mentality thing.

Are you sure? They put a line in the sand and said this is what we want and we are going to elect people in the primaries who stand with us. So some lost, the ones who didn't and the ones who will run for office next year surely know what it means to cross the TPers. They are THE force in today's political stage, important enough for the lamestream media to attack them and the left to demagogue them. Are you SURE they're irrational?

Actually, the tea baggers were started by Dick Army and his corporate dollars, which he used to buy off common people to make the whole thing look like a grass roots movement, when in reality it's astro-turf.

Tea baggers are dupes and shills for the rich.

Sad thing about it is they don't know they're being used.

No, they weren't. The TEA Parties started before Obama was elected, by a bunch of people who were pissed at Bush.

Many people consider Rick Santelli's blustering live on CNBC as the event that jump-started the formation of the Tea Party. That rant occurred in June of 2009 after Bush had turned over the reins to Obama.

Last week the Colbert Report had Amy Kremer (head of the Tea Party Express's Grass Roots & Coalitions) on his show.
She said the first thing she would do is eliminate all corporate taxes.
Now there's a perfect example of the Tea Party agenda and shows the Tea Party is truly a tool of Big Business. Corporate America first and "we the people", second.
It's also a bag of crap. Corporate America has been realizing record profits and are they investing in America? NO! They are investing in their offshore models because of the low cost of operating thanks to third world wages. Oh regulations are part of it too, no doubt, regulations on wages, worker's rights, pollution and bookkeeping.
It can't be the taxes, as a majority of corporations don't actually pay taxes.
So what is it? Should America become a third world country just to appease Big Business?

Last edited:
Last week the Colbert Report had Amy Kremer (head of the Tea Party Express's Grass Roots & Coalitions) on his show.
She said the first thing she would do is eliminate all corporate taxes.
Now there's a perfect example of the Tea Party agenda and shows the Tea Party is truly a tool of Big Business. Corporate America first and "we the people", second.
It's also a bag of crap. Corporate America has been realizing record profits and are they investing in America? NO! They are investing in their offshore models because of the low cost of operating thanks to third world wages. Oh regulations are part of it too, no doubt, regulations on wages, worker's rights, pollution and bookkeeping.
It can't be the taxes, as a majority of corporations don't actually pay taxes.
So what is it? Should America become a third world country just to appease Big Business?

If a majority of corps don't pay taxes, why not get rid of 'em and at least get all that money sitting in foreign accounts back here invested in our economy? It's the big corps that pay the tax consultants and lawyers to fiind ways to avoid paying taxes, right? The smaller companies that can't that are the ones that would be helped if we did away with business taxes, true? That's what we need, smaller startups that create jobs. Maybe we lose a couple hundred billion in revenue, but maybe we get it back in less expenditures and more income taxes. Doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me, you want more jobs here or not?

Forum List

Back