Tea Party Economic Rationality

Questions

Rookie
May 22, 2011
I can't for the life of me, see why the Tea Party is not outraged by the control that big business has in our country. I can see why big business loves the Tea Party, though.

With a much higher tax rate for the wealthy all the way through the 50's to 80's the average working Joe had a much better life.

Big business got greedy and said they wanted tax breaks. They wanted to turn there money over yearly and not make capital improvements for sustained growth. Now our exports are 7% and still they are not patriotic enough to put heavy tariffs on foreign produced goods. It is because multinational companies pay lobbyists big bucks to talk sweetly to our legislators.

For years Wall Street and big business has argued for deregulation and got it. Wall Street and big business greed has caused our economy to fail. Why are you not outraged?

I am willing to work on cost cutting in government. Are you willing to rein in the Wall Street and big business?

I can't for the life of me, see why the Tea Party is not outraged by the control that big business has in our country. I can see why big business loves the Tea Party, though.

With a much higher tax rate for the wealthy all the way through the 50's to 80's the average working Joe had a much better life.

Big business got greedy and said they wanted tax breaks. They wanted to turn there money over yearly and not make capital improvements for sustained growth. Now our exports are 7% and still they are not patriotic enough to put heavy tariffs on foreign produced goods. It is because multinational companies pay lobbyists big bucks to talk sweetly to our legislators.

For years Wall Street and big business has argued for deregulation and got it. Wall Street and big business greed has caused our economy to fail. Why are you not outraged?

I am willing to work on cost cutting in government. Are you willing to rein in the Wall Street and big business?

[I really HATE this quoting and quote to take up a whole page but didn't want to delete any of this!]

I LOVE this diatribe against "Big business." It makes it seem like a bunch of little gnomes sit in their boardrooms and figure out how to make each and every one of jump to their every wish. :cuckoo:

Just who on earth is "big business"?
Mostly, they are Boards of Directors elected by people who hold stock in the companies. A rather democratic way for people to invest in and reap the benefits of a free and unfettered society and free enterprise. :eusa_drool:
Big business is companies who create jobs, employ people and provide products and services Americans need and want. :clap2:

And yes, Big Business hires those awful lobbyists :doubt: who petition Congress on the behalf of their STOCKHOLDERS.

Just how do you Big Business haters think they got to be big? Could it possibly be that they somehow did something that brought profits by producing things people want?

Geez, guess it's time to go back to listening to some great s**t kicking country music with my favorite local DJ, Country Chuck.

Wasn't the tea party the first real activist group to be vocal against the Wall Street bailout and TARP?

Yeah and then they were taken over by the "keep your government hands off my medicare " people

Actually, the tea baggers were started by Dick Army and his corporate dollars, which he used to buy off common people to make the whole thing look like a grass roots movement, when in reality it's astro-turf.

Tea baggers are dupes and shills for the rich.

Sad thing about it is they don't know they're being used.

You can tell the vast majority are dupes by how easy it is for some b list celeb to drag them arround by the nose by just repeting what they to each other back to them .

There are people who have even conned them for money and they keep trusting them

Last edited:
The problem with Big Business is Big Government. They are friends in Kleptocracy. Big Business gets the kind of regulations or de-regulations they want to get rid of the competition or rip off the public. Really the problem is one word: Monopoly. If it's a public or private monopoly, that still hinders freedom.

The Tea Party was largely awoken due to this problem of the Big Government helping out their Big Business friends.

It takes big organizations to accomplish big things. Turbine engines, refined gasoline, high tech all takes big organizations.

The only thing Progressives ever built was the Welfare State.

Actually, the tea baggers were started by Dick Army and his corporate dollars, which he used to buy off common people to make the whole thing look like a grass roots movement, when in reality it's astro-turf.

Any proof of this? If this is true, that would have been one of the most amazing efforts to organize people in all history. And to do it with such a small paper trail and under the noses of a hostile media, it must have been supernatural.

It takes big organizations to accomplish big things. Turbine engines, refined gasoline, high tech all takes big organizations.

The only thing Progressives ever built was the Welfare State.

Yeah like the internet & space travel :mad: Oh wait. they got tax-payer subsidies. Never mind. :redface:

Last edited:

Dick Armey had nothing to do with the founding of the tea party. He just jumped aboard after it took off. Rick Santelli is the one typically accredited with firing the first shot across the bow, although I don't even know that he is active with the tea party movement.

Sounds like you guys have something in common.

:lol: oh the irony...

No, they weren't. The TEA Parties started before Obama was elected, by a bunch of people who were pissed at Bush.

There are some sincere tea partiers & I have no enmity for them. The only ones that get on the TV however are the ranting ones. Same goes for the Left. Sadly, controversy= ratings= ad revenue so the networks have no reason to seek out civil discourse.

Last edited:

It's clear that you don't understand what the Tea Party is concerned about.

It's the spending, stupid, and yes, that includes hand outs and bail outs to Big Business and Big Banks, as well as those to state and local governments and unions.

I can't for the life of me, see why the Tea Party is not outraged by the control that big business has in our country.

Because that isn't the narrative they've been spoonfed for the last 50 years, that's why.

Add to that the crackerjack job the DNC has done of alienating the White (formerly) middle class, and you've got yourself a torch and pitchfork brigade ready to attack whatever scapegoat class they're told to hate.

It's NOT their fault.

And the sooner those of us who DO GET, stop attacking those who DON'T get it, the better.

Your neighbors are NOT your enemies.

Not even if they hate YOU because they imagine you are the problem.

The thing is that hate and FEAR are easier to sell to the frighten mob than the complex narrative that it takes to understand what is REALLY going on.

ESPECIALLY when those selling hate and fear OWN the media and MOST of the democratic institutions that this society needs to have an informed public necessary for a functional democratic republic.

Last edited:

The TPM is mostly republicans, so this isn’t surprising.
Wasn't the tea party the first real activist group to be vocal against the Wall Street bailout and TARP?

The opposition was directed more at the tax money spent, rather than who received the money.
No, they weren't. The TEA Parties started before Obama was elected, by a bunch of people who were pissed at Bush.

Well they did a crappy job.

Umm Tea Party and rationality do not go together.
They are pretty much a fear driven reactionary bunch of right wingers deluding themselves.

Once they got tied to Koch Industries (FreedomWorks) and the guy Williams wrote his black-face rant, I wrote them off.

New Topics

Forum List

Back