Tea Party Economic Rationality

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Questions, May 22, 2011.

1. Questions

Questions Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't for the life of me, see why the Tea Party is not outraged by the control that big business has in our country. I can see why big business loves the Tea Party, though.

With a much higher tax rate for the wealthy all the way through the 50's to 80's the average working Joe had a much better life.

Big business got greedy and said they wanted tax breaks. They wanted to turn there money over yearly and not make capital improvements for sustained growth. Now our exports are 7% and still they are not patriotic enough to put heavy tariffs on foreign produced goods. It is because multinational companies pay lobbyists big bucks to talk sweetly to our legislators.

For years Wall Street and big business has argued for deregulation and got it. Wall Street and big business greed has caused our economy to fail. Why are you not outraged?

I am willing to work on cost cutting in government. Are you willing to rein in the Wall Street and big business?

2. lvcabbie

lvcabbie MSgt, US Army, Retired

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    [I really HATE this quoting and quote to take up a whole page but didn't want to delete any of this!]

I LOVE this diatribe against "Big business." It makes it seem like a bunch of little gnomes sit in their boardrooms and figure out how to make each and every one of jump to their every wish. :cuckoo:

Just who on earth is "big business"?
    Mostly, they are Boards of Directors elected by people who hold stock in the companies. A rather democratic way for people to invest in and reap the benefits of a free and unfettered society and free enterprise. :eusa_drool:
    Big business is companies who create jobs, employ people and provide products and services Americans need and want. :clap2:

And yes, Big Business hires those awful lobbyists :doubt: who petition Congress on the behalf of their STOCKHOLDERS.

Just how do you Big Business haters think they got to be big? Could it possibly be that they somehow did something that brought profits by producing things people want?

Geez, guess it's time to go back to listening to some great s**t kicking country music with my favorite local DJ, Country Chuck.

3. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,522
    Wasn't the tea party the first real activist group to be vocal against the Wall Street bailout and TARP?

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Yeah and then they were taken over by the "keep your government hands off my medicare " people

5. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,464
    Actually, the tea baggers were started by Dick Army and his corporate dollars, which he used to buy off common people to make the whole thing look like a grass roots movement, when in reality it's astro-turf.

Tea baggers are dupes and shills for the rich.

Sad thing about it is they don't know they're being used.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    You can tell the vast majority are dupes by how easy it is for some b list celeb to drag them arround by the nose by just repeting what they to each other back to them .

There are people who have even conned them for money and they keep trusting them

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  7. Jazmine

Jazmine Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The problem with Big Business is Big Government. They are friends in Kleptocracy. Big Business gets the kind of regulations or de-regulations they want to get rid of the competition or rip off the public. Really the problem is one word: Monopoly. If it's a public or private monopoly, that still hinders freedom.

The Tea Party was largely awoken due to this problem of the Big Government helping out their Big Business friends.

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,034
    It takes big organizations to accomplish big things. Turbine engines, refined gasoline, high tech all takes big organizations.

The only thing Progressives ever built was the Welfare State.

9. Jazmine

Jazmine Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any proof of this? If this is true, that would have been one of the most amazing efforts to organize people in all history. And to do it with such a small paper trail and under the noses of a hostile media, it must have been supernatural.

10. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,301
    Yeah like the internet & space travel :mad: Oh wait. they got tax-payer subsidies. Never mind. :redface:

Last edited: May 22, 2011