Tea party devotion to rights

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
UW poll: Tea Partiers not as concerned with civil liberties

Two-thirds of supporters of the conservative Tea Party movement believe the government should be able to tap people's phone conversations and profile people based on race or religion, according to a new poll from the University of Washington.

"Our survey suggests that among tea partiers, there's less dedication to certain civil liberties," Christopher S. Parker, a UW assistant professor of political science who leads the 2010 Multi-State Survey of Race & Politics, said in a statement.

What else should we expect from a generally liberal state? God knows I could not live anywhere on the west coast - although I would like to meet Boe, CCC, and a few others.

I'm not really that concerned with civil rights either since those are really procederial rights that the government sets up when I am arrested for a crime. Those are govt. creations and are a very small scope of the total rights that are retained by the people as stated in the ninth amendment. I wish the left would understand that the complaint about big government is really the complaint about government not protection the natural rights of the people. I can dream but I'm afraid Orwell's vision of the future has manifested itself.

Forum List

Back