TEA Party Civil War

I believe they stand for the principles upon which this nation was founded: limited government, low taxes, national security, independence and fiscal responsibility.

REALLY? I had no idea MediCare was around back when our nation was originally founded?

Neither was obama, so what's your point?

If you could pull your head out of your ass long enough, you would understand the post I was responding to and why my response is relevent, while yours is not.

I will say this for you VAyank THink of the tea partiers as the original intent crowd, think of those who oppose them as the living document crowd

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7SpA2Qe3FM]YouTube - Constitution: Original Intent Vs Living Document - Ed Vieira[/ame]

medicare.jpg

I will say this for you VAyank THink of the tea partiers as the original intent crowd, think of those who oppose them as the living document crowd
YouTube - Constitution: Original Intent Vs Living Document - Ed Vieira

My firewall blocks YouTube. What were you trying to say?

The bolded part.

So, is the Grandma holding the "Don't touch my MediCare" sign at a Tea Party rally this past summer, a Tea Partier or not?

Sponsors Pull Out Of Tea Party Convention - Politics News Story - WSMV Nashville

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The National Tea Party Convention at the Opryland Hotel is being rocked to its foundation. Several sponsors have pulled out, including Rep. Marsha Blackburn, who asked the Standards Committee for advice as Tea Party Nation flirts with civil war.

And the rest of the article

The tea parties have prided themselves as volunteer-run, grassroots demonstrations that demand responsible government spending. Those ideas have caught fire. In Tennessee, there are 43 different tea party groups.

The group holding the Nashville convention, Tea Party Nation, has lost support over the past year. Former Webmaster Kevin Smith quit the group and started talking.

"They're not indicative in any way of the Tea Party movement," Smith said.

He said that Tea Party Nation is a for-profit business and that the $549 convention price tag and the $349 dinner to see former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin were not in line with Tea Party ideals.

High-profile supporters such as Blackburn reconsidered whether to speak at the convention.

"We're concerned that the We The People event has become the I The Organizer event," Blackburn told Channel 4 Wednesday.

Minnesota Rep. Michelle Bachman also decided to pull out of the event, as did three prominent Tea Party sponsors.

Tea Party Nation is owned and operated by Franklin DUI attorney Judson Phillips and his wife, Sherry. They did not return Channel 4 News' calls.

Opryland Hotel told Channel 4 the Palin dinner is sold out and that the convention will happen even if there are some schedule changes.

The Tea Party Nation sold the tickets as non-refundable. There is a contract with the Opryland Hotel, and, at this point, none of the featured speakers has pulled out.

I mean the rest of the article explains it, I dont need to re-iterate what was said within your link.

How many times have I told you its a bunch of different little grassroots groups and if we find ones that seem to be trying to get power or profits from the movement we will turn on them?

Yawn.

Nice dodge....

Sorry do you want me to lie to you instead and assume I know what the lady's mindset on the issue is?

As you may or may not know....I am trying to prove a point that no one really knows for sure WHAT the Tea Party "movement" is or isn't.

A lot of people have the basic concepts in their grasp.

A small government, fiscally responsible, accountable government. The rest is ancillary.

Possibly a mindset that the constitution says what it means and doesn't need to be altered unless through the ammendment process laid out in the 5th ammendment. And that the 10th ammendment shouldn't be ignored like it always is by the federal govt. This could be just me though.

I am trying to prove a point that no one really knows for sure WHAT the Tea Party "movement" is or isn't.
This is because there is no real organization to it with a distinctive leader. As noted above, it is a large number of groups spread all around the country. The major significance of the 'tea party movement' I see is its capacity to influence voters and possibly have an impact on the nature of emerging political candidates.

I am trying to prove a point that no one really knows for sure WHAT the Tea Party "movement" is or isn't.
This is because there is no real organization to it with a distinctive leader. As noted above, it is a large number of groups spread all around the country. The major significance of the 'tea party movement' I see is its capacity to influence voters and possibly have an impact on the nature of emerging political candidates.

For example, Scott Brown going from Cosmo to Congress in Massachussetts.

Sorry do you want me to lie to you instead and assume I know what the lady's mindset on the issue is?

As you may or may not know....I am trying to prove a point that no one really knows for sure WHAT the Tea Party "movement" is or isn't.

A lot of people have the basic concepts in their grasp.

A small government, fiscally responsible, accountable government. The rest is ancillary.

Possibly a mindset that the constitution says what it means and doesn't need to be altered unless through the ammendment process laid out in the 5th ammendment. And that the 10th ammendment shouldn't be ignored like it always is by the federal govt. This could be just me though.

That pretty much sums it up... I'd only add tired of being taxed into oblivion...

Strange that some liberals have a hard time grasping unorganized movements with common beliefs can get things done...

Additionally, the voice of one individual does not signfy the voice of the movement... Trying to claim one sign at a rally speaks for the movement is childish...

Which in my humble opinion, means they can accomplish little. They are fragmented and these groups seflishly fight for THEIR wants and desires as opposed to supporting and fighting for some common cause. MediCare is a great case in point.

Teaparty is collapsing into a footnote in history....

Well deserved

Forum List

Back