"Tea Party" Candidates try to unseat Ron Paul for not Supporting the Wars

But you are wrong, you can't watch the video, as a template begging you to support mediamatters is over the page and can't be closed.

It is? You don't have a popup blocker on or something?

I had no problems just watching the video and xing out the page.

Its bad enough you linked to that worm infested site, places like that are were PCs get infections.

I don't even click on to liberal sites for fear that my computer might turn into a gay, abortion supporting, communist; let alone get infected by dirty liberal worms.

Its been said a number of times, there is no central control of the movement, nor are their 'candidates' nor is Dr Paul being attacked.

BTW bobby, you should know better then to post anything from mediamatters, you might as well quote Pravda when discussing the USA in the coldwar or Dur Sturmer when discussing Jews.

or Fox when discussing liberals :)

DogBert i hope this isn't a true and common sentiment that runs across the TEA lines that they don't like ron paul because of his war stance. I dont really like his stance in the debates as I though it was dangerous but he is true to his libertarian values and walks the TEA walk almost every time he opens his mouth.

This would be more idiotic than having a $500/seat function to pay a speaker like palin to give a speech.

IMO.

I hope not either, but there's not much else reasoning. The guy is The Godfather of the Tea Party movement. This is like turning around in the middle of a battle and shooting at your own general.

Good analogy....I have to admit - this reaction to Ron Paul certainly surprises me....Tea Party has always seemed very Libertarian to me - and that is certainly Ron Paul.

This comes as no REAL suprise to me. I said this before, the "tea party" movement is in essence a reactionary movement which exists only because we have a black socially liberal president with roots outside of the United States. This is not and was not a libertarian movement.

Listen, what people fail to realize is that libertarians have their own party FOR A REASON. They do not and never have gotten along with republicans. Even Ron Paul doesn't get along with alot of republicans. I mean I realized that this tea-party bull wasn't legit simply because I noticed that the Libertarian Party and Ron Paul both have seriously distanced themselves from the tea partiers. Not saying there aren't libertarians involved but the party itself isn't throwing it's cards behind the movement, and you have to imagine being a third party this might be a golden opportunity to get some voters behind your cause.

Not so much. There is only one party that's getting behind this, and it's the REPUBLICAN party, and they are and have been two different parties for a reason: they follow two completely different ideologies. This "tea party movement" is about Obama, and his leftist social agenda, it's not about fiscal responsability (because HONESTLY if it was would Sarah Palin be trying to court them and suggesting that we should be invading Iran at the same time? uh... no). It's about Obama, that's why the birthers have been pushing this "movement" so much.

That's why Glenn Beck the "christian values libertarian":lol: has been talking about the founding fathers (most of whom were agnostics or close) and their will for a "christian nation". That's why he was on the radio saying that President Obama's name doesn't "sound American". That's why he feels like he can seriously get on the TV and call himself a representative of libertarian anger and then spend 15 minutes on air talking about how stupid marijuana activists are and how great the patriot act is.

This movement is about christian rightism, which is really what the republican party has been reduced to. Remember not to long ago they did that poll where they found that the Republican party was becoming almost completely regional and restricted to the southern states, the Bible-belt? This is the party pushing the tea parties. Not angry young Ron Paulists who believe in civil liberties and the end of the federal government. Old christian conservatives who get angry when our muslim black-radical racist president comes on TV and they can't A Charlie Brown Christmas and they make it a conspiracy in the "War on Christmas".:lol:

Again, I've been to Ron Paul rallies. I've recently been working with some actual Libertarian Party members because I've been getting into some activism myself trying to get marijuana decriminalized in Maryland and trying to stop the militarization of public schools. The people at the "tea parties" I've seen are not for the most part Ron Paul folks. And I can damn sure tell you the folks at the "Tea Party Convention" weren't either. The tea partiers have no clear ideology... they're just AGAINST OBAMA. They're against him because he's black, because they believe he's a muslim, because they believe he's got a radical liberal agenda, because they believe he was born in Kenya, but I think the muslim and Kenyan rumors is the thing that brings the most people out honestly.

It's hatred of Obama hidden in the "anti-Washington" sentiment that the ACTUAL libertarians have held since their conception. You can tell though when someone's really "anti-washington" and when they're "anti-obama". They actually have a consistant ideology.

Forum List

Back