Tea Party Candidate For Congress: Separation Of Church And State Came From Hitler

Value voters, my first thought was that their votes could be bought cheap at family dollar store

And some on the left get their thoughts straight from Das Kapital... a turn of the century (last century) book written by a nutter.

The condescending tone was crystal clear. "They're unsophisticated, but not stupid"

Thanks for clearing that up.

My apologies then, Soggy. I meant unsophisticated about politics, not about everything.

Fair enough... But my point is clear.. look at who is generally held out as "spohisticated". They generally seem to be clueless. Look at Rove... he's havinga meltdown that people are turning on those he feels are electable. He doesn't get it. He can't believe these pleebs are doing what they are doing.

Early on after Obama's election, the local news covered a Tea Party event here. They interviewed a nurse about why she was there, and she had trouble explaining why the spending being planned in DC upset her so badly.

Now, doubtless that lady can buy and sell me on science and medicine. Being able to fling high quality bullshit is a fine talent and I prize it, but I do know it is not the only form of intelligence going. Not by a long stretch.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for any of you from the left argue the Teaparty's message... all you do is make ad hominem attacks. Says plenty. Says you really can't defend your own message. Which I guess is why the Dems aren't running on their record only engaging in personal destruction.
Somehow I knew that this reply would be ignored
:cool:

Anyway, I'm still waiting for any of you from the left argue the Teaparty's message... all you do is make ad hominem attacks. Says plenty. Says you really can't defend your own message. Which I guess is why the Dems aren't running on their record only engaging in personal destruction.

b/c it has nothing to do with this thread. fallacious posts tend to get ignored

Soggy, what IS the Tea Party message? Is it "control government spending"? Or is it "oppose abortion rights, gay marriage and amnesty for illegal aliens"?

It struck the heart of your original post;
You focus on the fringe membership of the group rather than the message they are trying to send.
Do you not believe that the DC elite are expected to represent their constituent wishes?

You focus on the fringe membership of the group rather than the message they are trying to send.
Do you not believe that the DC elite are expected to represent their constituent wishes?

the "heart" of my thread is why the tea party attracts crazy people, not what you said. and your question also has nothing to do with the thread

the "heart" of my thread is why the tea party attracts crazy people, not what you said. and your question also has nothing to do with the thread
In that case......
Because there are crazy people in every group.
There's your answer.
Your turn

C'mon guys, be fair. There are wingnuts in every corner of American politics. IMO, many in the Tea Party -- regular people, not FOX talking heads -- don't have a history of political activism and seem unsophisticated as a result. So? Doesn't make them stupid...and I'm sure bullshit like the article in the Op gets a giggle from them too.

yea but I have never seen crazies like the tea party produces ever. I thought people like this lived in mountains waiting for the rapture. they seriously make sarah palin look sane

The majority of the Republican base believes in the "rapture". No way around that. They also believe that "Noah's Ark" was a historical event and Samson lost strength when his hair was cut. A huge percentage believe Obama is the "anti Christ".

Maine Republicans Adopt Tea Party Platform | Maine Politics

The official platform for the Republican Party of Maine is now a mix of right-wing fringe policies, libertarian buzzwords and outright conspiracy theories.

The document calls for the elimination of the Department of Education and the Federal Reserve, demands an investigation of "collusion between government and industry in the global warming myth," suggests the adoption of "Austrian Economics," declares that "'Freedom of Religion' does not mean 'freedom from religion'" (which I guess makes atheism illegal), insists that "healthcare is not a right," calls for the abrogation of the "UN Treaty on Rights of the Child" and the "Law Of The Sea Treaty" and declares that we must resist "efforts to create a one world government."

Forum List

Back