Tea Party Candidate For Congress: Separation Of Church And State Came From Hitler

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Below The Beltway Blog Archive Tea Party Candidate For Congress: “Separation Of Church And State” Came From Hitler

Christine O’Donnell isn’t the only Delaware Tea Party candidate making waves.

The seat in the House of Representatives currently held by Republican Mike Castle — who was defeated by O’Donnell in Tuesday’s Senatorial primary — is also up for grabs. The Republican primary for that office was won by Tea Partier Glen Urquhart, and it turns out that his political positions may be even more unique than O’Donnell’s.

“Do you know, where does this phrase ’separation of church and state’ come from?” Urquhart asked at a campaign event last April. “It was not in Jefferson’s letter to the Danbury Baptists. … The exact phrase ’separation of Church and State’ came out of Adolph Hitler’s mouth, that’s where it comes from. So the next time your liberal friends talk about the separation of Church and State ask them why they’re Nazis.”

Video of transcript and of Jefferson's exact words after the jump.

I thought it funny that prior to the USA entrance into WW2 the US Nazi party's main rallying cry was "Family Values".

C'mon guys, be fair. There are wingnuts in every corner of American politics. IMO, many in the Tea Party -- regular people, not FOX talking heads -- don't have a history of political activism and seem unsophisticated as a result. So? Doesn't make them stupid...and I'm sure bullshit like the article in the Op gets a giggle from them too.

don't have a history of political activism and seem unsophisticated as a result. So? Doesn't make them stupid

Wow... seem unsophisticated to who? A bunch of leftists who think they know more than everybody else?

Whatever... this is precisely the mindset that has everybody turning away from the Dems. The whole "we're smarter than everybody" mentallity. How's that working?

C'mon guys, be fair. There are wingnuts in every corner of American politics. IMO, many in the Tea Party -- regular people, not FOX talking heads -- don't have a history of political activism and seem unsophisticated as a result. So? Doesn't make them stupid...and I'm sure bullshit like the article in the Op gets a giggle from them too.

yea but I have never seen crazies like the tea party produces ever. I thought people like this lived in mountains waiting for the rapture. they seriously make sarah palin look sane

And why is the left a constant haven for bigots, Marxists, Communists, 9/11 "truthers", anti-Semites, etc.?

deflection

Only to you.... question is still pending though. Unless you're arguing that Conservatism is a widely held Communist trait? Or that "truthers" tend to vote Republican? Or that the ant-Israel faction is rooted in Conservatism?

Forum List

Back