Tea Party at Record Low Approval

A Rasmussen poll, published today, shows only 8% of respondents identified as members of the Tea Party, and public approval of the Tea Party has sunk to a record low of 30%, with nearly half of those in this poll having a negative opinion of them.

... shows only 8% of respondents identified as members of the Tea Party

sort of a pity, shows what can happen when a promising movement is hijacked by political extremist and of a particular party.

Daily Kos: Popularity of Tea Party hits record low of 30%, over half have a negative opinion in poll

And so goes the GOP unless

they smarten up quickly and move back from the ledge on the right. But I am sure some will argue that they need condidates that are more conservative and closer to the edge.

Gotta love you lefties. You spend 4 years demonizing a group, then act like that has no relation to said groups declining popularity.

The only Game the left knows is demonization. As we speak we have a president who appears to care much more about Destroying the GOP, than doing what is best for this country.

Now, that said, If you want to know what is really killing the Tea Party. It's the fact that the Social Cons took it over. The Party was suppose to focus on Spending, and Limited Government. Instead it has become nothing more than the Religious Rights bitch, and that totally turned me off.

Last edited:
DailyKos has always been at a all time low or like in the crapper, but hey lets use them for a reference

they smarten up quickly and move back from the ledge on the right.

The problem with being an absolutist (well, ONE of the problems) is that after you've beaten your chest and signed your "pledges", any moderation whatsoever will be viewed as complete capitulation. So you simply have to stick to your guns (as it were) until you're finally voted out.

And, since many of these people are in safely gerrymandered districts, it's gonna be a while before the GOP can marginalize its loons.

A Rasmussen poll, published today, shows only 8% of respondents identified as members of the Tea Party, and public approval of the Tea Party has sunk to a record low of 30%, with nearly half of those in this poll having a negative opinion of them.

... shows only 8% of respondents identified as members of the Tea Party

sort of a pity, shows what can happen when a promising movement is hijacked by political extremist and of a particular party.

But the problem was, the TEA Party was always a rebranding of the same old Pluto-crap in a new package.

I think they brought up some valid points, but then never really proposed real solutions.

Daily Kos: Popularity of Tea Party hits record low of 30%, over half have a negative opinion in poll

they smarten up quickly and move back from the ledge on the right. But I am sure some will argue that they need condidates that are more conservative and closer to the edge.

Gotta love you lefties. You spend 4 years demonizing a group, then act like that has no relation to said groups declining popularity.

The only Game the left knows is demonization. As we speak we have a president who appears to care much more about Destroying the GOP, than doing what is best for this country.

Now, that said, If you want to know what is really killing the Tea Party. It's the fact that the Social Cons took it over. The Party was suppose to focus on Spending, and Limited Government. Instead it has become nothing more than the Religious Rights bitch, and that totally turned me off.

While I'm always happy to see the religious right take a beating, the fact is, the TEA Party itself is the problem.

When Grandma Millie sees them looking covetously at her Social Security Check to pay for another tax break for rich people, she votes her own interest.

Look, Romney talked as little about the Social Con agenda as a GOP candidate has in my lifetime. Partially because he doesn't really believe in that crap himself, partially because the minute he started parroting the Funditard line, someone might ask, "Hey, aren't you a Mormon? Don't they think you are a heretic."

Did the downballot social con loons drag him down? A bit. But most of Romney's failure was Romney. Romney carried MO and IN, even as Akin and Murdouck lost them.

they smarten up quickly and move back from the ledge on the right.

The problem with being an absolutist (well, ONE of the problems) is that after you've beaten your chest and signed your "pledges", any moderation whatsoever will be viewed as complete capitulation. So you simply have to stick to your guns (as it were) until you're finally voted out.

And, since many of these people are in safely gerrymandered districts, it's gonna be a while before the GOP can marginalize its loons.

people move in and people move out.

Jerry may be manding right undeneath these clowns.

Demographics

While I'm always happy to see the religious right take a beating, the fact is, the TEA Party itself is the problem.

When Grandma Millie sees them looking covetously at her Social Security Check to pay for another tax break for rich people, she votes her own interest.

Look, Romney talked as little about the Social Con agenda as a GOP candidate has in my lifetime. Partially because he doesn't really believe in that crap himself, partially because the minute he started parroting the Funditard line, someone might ask, "Hey, aren't you a Mormon? Don't they think you are a heretic."

Did the downballot social con loons drag him down? A bit. But most of Romney's failure was Romney. Romney carried MO and IN, even as Akin and Murdouck lost them.

Please explain how Grandma Millie's SS check pays for tax cuts. Thanks.

[

Please explain how Grandma Millie's SS check pays for tax cuts. Thanks.

I've done this several times...

I'm not bothering again.

Hey, you know what probably scares you..

Social conservatism without economic conservatism.

it would probably win a lot more elections.

That's why the GOP establishment takes a dive when a Huckabee or a Santorum shows up.

Someone might finally figure out, the central message of Christianity is not "Tax cuts for rich people".

Forum List

Back