Tea Party And Progressive Senators Unite: "Time To Get Out Of Afghanistan."

Yea i've been reading a lot about possible lucrative oil & gas deals over there. If this is the case,we could be in Afghanistan for many many decades to come. We don't have a history of leaving anywhere that has the oil. This is probably why we're seeing this withrawal hold-up.

We have more oil right here in newly found oil fields than Afghanistan will ever have. So if it's about oil, that's about a dumb excuse right there.

Bring the troops home, get our own oil. Let the rag heads in the middle east go on killing each other like they have for thousands of years and leave them alone.

Oh i hear ya but tell that to the Government/Corporate Fatcats who will get rich off those Afghan oil & gas deals. They don't care about what's right for America. They only care about that cash.

Then have them fight and fund the continuation of a war there.

We do need to get out, ASAP.

What oil and gas deals, Afghanistan doesn't have either one. The Taliban supported terrorist training camps so we took 'em out. But 5 minutes after we're gone that place is going to go right back to what it's been for a thousand years. Doesn't matter whether we leave in 10 months or 10 years, we are not going to change anything over there. I say we cut our losses, declare victory and get the hell out.

What oil and gas deals, Afghanistan doesn't have either one. The Taliban supported terrorist training camps so we took 'em out. But 5 minutes after we're gone that place is going to go right back to what it's been for a thousand years. Doesn't matter whether we leave in 10 months or 10 years, we are not going to change anything over there. I say we cut our losses, declare victory and get the hell out.

Afghanistan doesn't have oil and gas but they have 1 trillion dollars worth of minerals and the US has been trying to get a pipeline going throughout Afghanistan since the 90s.

U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan - NYTimes.com

Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no winning. The people will never be a truly free people and they really don't want it any other way.

I don't know that they'll never want it. But we can't transplant what we've learned in our culture through the course of our own history, into their minds.

"[D]emocracy cannot be exported. It should be a product of internal development of a society."

Afghanistan doesn't have oil and gas but they have 1 trillion dollars worth of minerals and the US has been trying to get a pipeline going throughout Afghanistan since the 90s.

U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan - NYTimes.com

Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, but I don't think we started a war over there so we could get a pipeline going. And we didn't know about those minerals until early last year. I'm sure we'd like to be on friendly terms with the Afghan gov't, but I don't think either situation has anything to do with the decisions to stay or leave.

Seems to be a lot of agreement with these Senators on this. And that's very rare on this Board. So what's the hold up? Is it now just about the huge oil & gas deals?

The neo-cons have a vested interest in keeping the military industrial complex propped up.

I have to applaud these brave Senators. And how often do we get to feel that way? Bin Laden's dead,so lets bring our kids home right now.

No, we must protect our heroin supply.

I don't do Heroin so they're not protecting my supply. And the Afghans have been dealing in Heroin for hundreds and hundreds of years. That's their business. So more power to em. The West having Millions of drug addicts is their own problem. Americans and Europeans love to buy their drugs. So let the West take that issue up with their own people. The Afghans have every right to sell their Heroin. If there's no market for it,they'll grow and sell something else. But we shouldn't be over there telling them what they can or can't grow. It's their country. Now lets get the Hell out of there.

And in February of 2009, who was it that increased the number of troops in the country?

The President who campaigned on doing just that.

Correct...and this supports or refutes Mr. Shaman's post?

It has nothing to do with Shaman's post. Shaman was pointing out that we should have been out of Afghanistan a long time ago...if Bush hadn't decided to invade the wrong country.

President Obama did was Bush was unable or unwilling to do...get OBL.

Now it's time to leave both countries. These "wars" are making us poor.

The Cost of War

There is no winning. The people will never be a truly free people and they really don't want it any other way. Bring all the troops home and start preparing for the major war that's brewing right now.
So you don't think we should fight the terrorists?

What oil and gas deals, Afghanistan doesn't have either one. The Taliban supported terrorist training camps so we took 'em out. But 5 minutes after we're gone that place is going to go right back to what it's been for a thousand years.
Yes it will go back to the way it was. That's why we need to stay in Afghanistan.

New Topics

Forum List

Back