'Tea party' activists feel slighted by GOP

It is a lot different because most conservatives and libertarians feels that government naturally exist outside of their lives which is why they say "less government" but people on the left feel that government is a natural part of their lives which is why their programs involve the expansion of government power into their lives.

The Government is a natural part of your life if only because it's in your life daily. If you don't want the government to be apart of your life, don't drive on federal highways or partake in anything that is funded by federal money.

But other than your tunnel vision view, I get what your point is. However, it's like I said previously, I'd like to see where the "most conservatives and libertarians" are when they're voting for the same people year in and year out that take away some of our basic rights.

This only proves the real motivation behind most people on the left behind welfare programs and that is to establish a reason why government should control your lives. Its your guys main arguments why government should demand health food requirements or why you hate it when people assert their will against the government. Its used over and over again and while their is some fundemental truth about it; this truth is known by both sides so the side giving out the welfare learned a long time ago that you can kill any resistance to you if you give them money.

You accuse our politicians of taking away our rights yet your politicians have created the most insidious way for government to establish its control over us and that is by creating welfare states because no one bites the hand that feeds them and liberals know this.

I would prefer someone who takes away my rights involuntarily than one that removes any desire from me to assert my rights because at least then I would at least have the desire to do so.

BTW, government is not a natural part of your life because most people can exist without it unless they are convinced that it provides for them then they demand that its rule over them which is why guys thing 'anti-government' is bad.

Last edited:
I attended a Tea Party rally and couldn't bring myself to stick around. The smell of funnel cake grease on fat, old, white people in knee-high black socks and American flag tee-shirts was too much to handle.

Yeah reality is often too much for arrogant, elitists to handle thus I recommend they not attend events open to the general public as having to interact with the peasants often offends their delicate sensibilities.

Where I come from, reality is not goofballs walking around with teabags hanging off some dopey hat. Even our Walmart greeters have more class and brains than that.

Yet another arrogant, elitist with offended sensibilities..... sheesh they're coming out of the woodwork today.

Oh... I read it alright. And frankly, I wish I could have every nanosecond I wasted in doing it back. :lol::lol::lol:

Here's the part you're not getting... if somebody comes to the camera saying they represent "The Tea Party Movement"... they're full of shit. They don't have a consensus to speak for everybody who's ever attended a tea party or who will attend one in the future. They don't have permission to speak for "tea-partiers" as a whole. There's no organization by which they might be democratically elected to do that. There's no LEADER. There are only local people who put out a date and time for an event and who managed whatever permits required.

And yet where are the heads of these tea party groups coming out and calling out DeMint over it? Instead, they're trying to call him up.

This only proves the real motivation behind most people on the left behind welfare programs and that is to establish a reason why government should control your lives. Its your guys main arguments why government should demand health food requirements or why you hate it when people assert their will against the government. Its used over and over again and while their is some fundemental truth about it; this truth is known by both sides so the side giving out the welfare learned a long time ago that you can kill any resistance to you if you give them money.

You accuse our politicians of taking away our rights yet your politicians have created the most insidious way for government to establish its control over us and that is by creating welfare states because no one bites the hand that feeds them and liberals know this.

I would prefer someone who takes away my rights involuntarily than one that removes any desire from me to assert my rights because at least then I would at least have the desire to do so.

BTW, government is not a natural part of your life because most people can exist without it unless they are convinced that it provides for them then they demand that its rule over them which is why guys thing 'anti-government' is bad.

If you listen closely enough, you'll hear the whoosh of my point going right over your head.

Your entire post was one big partisan bullshit accusing me of this and that. You obviously don't know my views on anything if you believe I believe even half of those things.

If you listen closely enough, you'll hear the whoosh of my point going right over your head.

Your entire post was one big partisan bullshit accusing me of this and that. You obviously don't know my views on anything if you believe I believe even half of those things.

Your point was was that people who support this or that don't mean it because they don't vote for people who reflect what they say but quit frankly most people vote for the canidate that closely resembles their views. It is never a perfect fit since a politician has to get enough people to win so what those politicians do is mesh those views with the opposing views of others and because of this their is no hypocracy because what one person believes never matches exactly what the politician is saying because a politician has to be coglemerate of slightly different views.

Your point was was that people who support this or that don't mean it because they don't vote for people who reflect what they say but quit frankly most people vote for the canidate that closely resembles their views. It is never a perfect fit since a politician has to get enough people to win so what those politicians do is mesh those views with the opposing views of others and because of this their is no hypocracy because what one person believes never matches exactly what the politician is saying because a politician has to be coglemerate of slightly different views.

I'm saying actions speak louder than words. That's all.

I'm saying actions speak louder than words. That's all.

The actions you speak of is choosing someone who votes for less government vs the guy who expands it so yes actions do speak louder than words.

Forum List

Back