'Tea party' activists feel slighted by GOP

I attended a Tea Party rally and couldn't bring myself to stick around. The smell of funnel cake grease on fat, old, white people in knee-high black socks and American flag tee-shirts was too much to handle.

Yeah reality is often too much for arrogant, elitists to handle thus I recommend they not attend events open to the general public as having to interact with the peasants often offends their delicate sensibilities.

I attended a Tea Party rally and couldn't bring myself to stick around. The smell of funnel cake grease on fat, old, white people in knee-high black socks and American flag tee-shirts was too much to handle.

Yeah reality is often too much for arrogant, elitists to handle thus I recommend they not attend events open to the general public as having to interact with the peasants often offends their delicate sensibilities.

Only my olfactory sensibilities. Obese peasants? Only in America.

Newsflash: The Tea Party ideal of "Small Government and Anti-Establishment" is no different than Obama's "Hope and Change". It sounds nice, but when you constantly have these huge tea party rallies supporting the establishment and a party that's acted anything but small government for a very long time it just doesn't match up.

Instead of trying to throw stones at me, you should look at your fellow tea party members. No need to say "I don't get it."

Sound a bit elitist when you say that too. You know, talking down to me as if I have no idea. As if it's some complicated concept. While calling me a partisan. :rolleyes:

Are you REALLY so intellectually dishonest that you can no longer recognize basic honesty in other people? :eusa_eh:
They can't possibly be about what they SAY they're about. There must be some sort of machiavellian plot?

"Limited Government" is NOT some kind of marketing ploy, some empty slogan designed to hoodwink voters, like "Hope-n-Change". It's what this country was founded on. It's the purpose of our U.S. Constitution.

These are ordinary people going to these "tea-parties". They're not an organized "movement". They're 'We The People'. Go ahead and piss 'em off some more. See what that gets you in November and again in 2012.

Where I come from, reality is not goofballs walking around with teabags hanging off some dopey hat. Even our Walmart greeters have more class and brains than that.

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me that dyed-in-the-wool partisans cannot understand tea-partiers. They can't seem to wrap their minds around it because it's not about party politics. It's about reckless spending and intrusive government.

Just because Democrats are on the leading edge of government expansion and insane spending and catching most of the flack... doesn't exempt Republicans when they engage in the SAME objectionable activities.

This did NOT start with Obama. The smoldering charcoals were already there. The discontent was ALREADY THERE. He just came along and poured gasoline on it. :eek:

Newsflash: The Tea Party ideal of "Small Government and Anti-Establishment" is no different than Obama's "Hope and Change". It sounds nice, but when you constantly have these huge tea party rallies supporting the establishment and a party that's acted anything but small government for a very long time it just doesn't match up.

Instead of trying to throw stones at me, you should look at your fellow tea party members. No need to say "I don't get it."

Sound a bit elitist when you say that too. You know, talking down to me as if I have no idea. As if it's some complicated concept. While calling me a partisan. :rolleyes:

It is a lot different because most conservatives and libertarians feels that government naturally exist outside of their lives which is why they say "less government" but people on the left feel that government is a natural part of their lives which is why their programs involve the expansion of government power into their lives.

Where I come from, reality is not goofballs walking around with teabags hanging off some dopey hat. Even our Walmart greeters have more class and brains than that.

Do I really need to post pics of Republican and Democrat Conventioneers?

2811393735_305f1cdf6a.jpg

Democratic_Convention_Hats_5.jpg

IMG_5404_f.jpg

gop_convention2_final.jpg

This is what kills me about the Tea Party movement. No cohesion. They are supposedly a movement rooted in limited federal government. So why feel slighted when a big government party ignores you? Aren't they supposed to be separating themselves from the establishment? And where the hell have these fruitcakes been for the last sixteen years?

Wouldn't it be funny if the democratic party grabbed the Tparty people? Wouldn't it be funny that in order to get votes they say things like "we want less taxes on the rich...etc...etc...". What would you communist do after that?

Are you REALLY so intellectually dishonest that you can no longer recognize basic honesty in other people? :eusa_eh:
They can't possibly be about what they SAY they're about. There must be some sort of machiavellian plot?

"Limited Government" is NOT some kind of marketing ploy, some empty slogan designed to hoodwink voters, like "Hope-n-Change". It's what this country was founded on. It's the purpose of our U.S. Constitution.

These are ordinary people going to these "tea-parties". They're not an organized "movement". They're 'We The People'. Go ahead and piss 'em off some more. See what that gets you in November and again in 2012.
Answer to question 1. Yes he is.

This is what kills me about the Tea Party movement. No cohesion. They are supposedly a movement rooted in limited federal government. So why feel slighted when a big government party ignores you? Aren't they supposed to be separating themselves from the establishment? And where the hell have these fruitcakes been for the last sixteen years?

Wouldn't it be funny if the democratic party grabbed the Tparty people? Wouldn't it be funny that in order to get votes they say things like "we want less taxes on the rich...etc...etc...". What would you communist do after that?
They will be shitting their britches and whining like the true crybabies they are when the normal people take back charge of what is rightfully theirs to begin with.

I never said the people were dishonest, I'm saying the people are allowing themselves to be lead by dishonest people. Exactly the same problem with the GOP and Democratic Party.

You're taking this as an personal insult for whatever reason when you shouldn't. "Limited Government" being offered is bullshit because the people leading the tea parties don't want "Limited Government" they want "Their kind of Government."

It's the same shit when people like to be against Gay Marriage or even equal rights for Homosexuals but refer to themselves as Libertarians. Same thing goes with the War on Drugs, etc.

The ordinary people going to these tea parties are being lead by the establishment. And why your empty threats are hilarious, I suggest you get back with reality instead of dunking your head in that koolaid.

It is a lot different because most conservatives and libertarians feels that government naturally exist outside of their lives which is why they say "less government" but people on the left feel that government is a natural part of their lives which is why their programs involve the expansion of government power into their lives.

The Government is a natural part of your life if only because it's in your life daily. If you don't want the government to be apart of your life, don't drive on federal highways or partake in anything that is funded by federal money.

But other than your tunnel vision view, I get what your point is. However, it's like I said previously, I'd like to see where the "most conservatives and libertarians" are when they're voting for the same people year in and year out that take away some of our basic rights.

Answer to question 1. Yes he is.

That's right, insult me instead of addressing the problems with your movement. You're well on your way to being the next GOP. :thup:
"Your movement". Part of your problem is you make too many assumptions. I do not have any "movements". I do though wish the Tea Party people the very best.

"Your movement". Part of your problem is you make too many assumptions. I do not have any "movements". I do though wish the Tea Party people the very best.

Either way, insulting me doesn't make any positive changes. I'm pointing out the problems with the tea party, and they fall on deaf ears with "We're for Limited Government!" chants.

It's on par with the "Messiah" worshippers and the Ron Paul Cultists. Just because some are in denial doesn't mean it isn't true.

Either way, insulting me doesn't make any positive changes. I'm pointing out the problems with the tea party, and they fall on deaf ears with "We're for Limited Government!" chants.

It's on par with the "Messiah" worshippers and the Ron Paul Cultists. Just because some are in denial doesn't mean it isn't true.
Just because you go into denial does not make it true either. Recall that "falling on deaf ears" part from here on out I be skipping over your postings. I answered a question, you take that answer as an insult and point your finger at me rather than taking a look into your own opinionated postings.

Just because you go into denial does not make it true either. Recall that "falling on deaf ears" part from here on out I be skipping over your postings. I answered a question, you take that answer as an insult and point your finger at me rather than taking a look into your own opinionated postings.

No, you didn't answer a question, you insulted me for partisan points. I have a right to my opinionated posts, as do you. Difference is, I'm out for real change and you're just out to insult and keep things the same.

I'm pointing out facts, in reaction I get emotion. Keep it up. :thup:

I never said the people were dishonest, I'm saying the people are allowing themselves to be lead by dishonest people. Exactly the same problem with the GOP and Democratic Party.

You're taking this as an personal insult for whatever reason when you shouldn't. "Limited Government" being offered is bullshit because the people leading the tea parties don't want "Limited Government" they want "Their kind of Government."

It's the same shit when people like to be against Gay Marriage or even equal rights for Homosexuals but refer to themselves as Libertarians. Same thing goes with the War on Drugs, etc.

The ordinary people going to these tea parties are being lead by the establishment. And why your empty threats are hilarious, I suggest you get back with reality instead of dunking your head in that koolaid.

There's NO "establishment". Sheesh... Take off the tin foil hat already. It's NOT an organized "movement". These are just average people who hook up on the internet for a place and time. They come for all sorts of reasons, but the most common is to call attention to 'government intrusion' and 'reckless spending'... and to demand a return to "limited government".

Dude... sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :lol:
These people are HONEST. They mean what they say.

There will, of course, be people who attempt to co-op this energy or claim to be in charge... but they don't speak for me, and they don't speak for ANY "tea-partier" I know.

Here's an idea... Try opening up a thread to discuss something you DO know about. That might make you look a little less partisan, paranoid, and foolish.

I don't know why you quoted me. You think I'm a Communist? I think the IRS should be abolished, period. Does that sound Communist to you?

There's NO "establishment". Sheesh... Take off the tin foil hat already. It's NOT an organized "movement". These are just average people who hook up on the internet for a place and time. They come for all sorts of reasons, but the most common is to call attention to 'government intrusion' and 'reckless spending'... and to demand a return to "limited government".

Dude... sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :lol:
These people are HONEST. They mean what they say.

There will, of course, be people who attempt to co-op this energy or claim to be in charge... but they don't speak for me, and they don't speak for ANY "tea-partier" I know.

Here's an idea... Try opening up a thread to discuss something you DO know about. That might make you look a little less partisan, paranoid, and foolish.

So now you're trying to take my views out of context? :eusa_eh:

The establishment is the GOP and Democratic Party. Nothing tin foil on the fact those two parties have a stranglehold on elections in this country.

And again, you seem to be ignoring what I'm talking about. I'm not focused on the average person. I'm focused on the people and groups in the largest tea parties. Like the person in this article. A group can be defined by it's leader because that group is the one who accept being apart of that leader's group.

The only one who is acting foolish and partisan here is you. You seem to think I'm acting paranoid because you're not reading what I'm saying.

The establishment is the GOP and Democratic Party. Nothing tin foil on the fact those two parties have a stranglehold on elections in this country.

And again, you seem to be ignoring what I'm talking about. I'm not focused on the average person. I'm focused on the people and groups in the largest tea parties. Like the person in this article. A group can be defined by it's leader because that group is the one who accept being apart of that leader's group.

The only one who is acting foolish and partisan here is you. You seem to think I'm acting paranoid because you're not reading what I'm saying.

Oh... I read it alright. And frankly, I wish I could have every nanosecond I wasted in doing it back. :lol::lol::lol:

Here's the part you're not getting... if somebody comes to the camera saying they represent "The Tea Party Movement"... they're full of shit. They don't have a consensus to speak for everybody who's ever attended a tea party or who will attend one in the future. They don't have permission to speak for "tea-partiers" as a whole. There's no organization by which they might be democratically elected to do that. There's no LEADER. There are only local people who put out a date and time for an event and who managed whatever permits required.

Forum List

Back