Tea party achieves policy victories

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
:clap2:

Tea party evolves, achieves state policy victories

ATLANTA (AP) — Tea party activists in Georgia helped kill a proposed sales tax increase that would have raised billions of dollars for transportation projects. In Pennsylvania, tea partyers pushed to have taxpayers send public school children to private schools. In Ohio, they drove a referendum to block state health insurance mandates.

These and other battles are evidence of the latest phase of the conservative movement, influencing state and local policy, perhaps more effectively than on a national level. Tea party organizers are refocusing, sometimes without the party label, to build broader support for their initiatives. The strategy has produced victories that activists say prove their staying power.

"I call it Tea Party 2.0," said Amy Kremer, a Delta flight attendant who leads Tea Party Express. The California-based group, co-founded by GOP strategist Sal Russo, claims it's the largest tea party political action committee.

Tea party evolves, achieves state policy victories - Yahoo! News

ATLANTA (AP) — Tea party activists in Georgia helped kill a proposed sales tax increase that would have raised billions of dollars for transportation projects. In Pennsylvania, tea partyers pushed to have taxpayers send public school children to private schools. In Ohio, they drove a referendum to block state health insurance mandates.

These and other battles are evidence of the latest phase of the conservative movement, influencing state and local policy, perhaps more effectively than on a national level. Tea party organizers are refocusing, sometimes without the party label, to build broader support for their initiatives. The strategy has produced victories that activists say prove their staying power.

"I call it Tea Party 2.0," said Amy Kremer, a Delta flight attendant who leads Tea Party Express. The California-based group, co-founded by GOP strategist Sal Russo, claims it's the largest tea party political action committee.

how is killing and blocking other policies an achievement.

You're not serious.:D

yeah because when the tea party wins the people Of GA get fucked.

It makes you soo happy huh OP

The Tea party (Taxed Enough Already) helped block a 1% Sales tax increase that would be in effect for 10 years. I give them some of the credit, since they did oppose it, but it failed in some counties by a 70-30 vote. Now is not the time to ask the public for ANY tax increase.

The sales tax increase failed in most counties by a 70 to 30 margin. If it had passed the people of Ga would have been getting f..cked.

The sales tax increase failed in most counties by a 70 to 30 margin. If it had passed the people of Ga would have been getting f..cked.

If it passed, GA's sale tax rate would be 5% which still puts them well below the national average.

Don't forget teabagger hero Cain wanted to implement his "9-9-9" plan which would put a federal 9% tax rate in effect on top of state and local taxes.

The baggers are just trying to screw over union workers and improving on the infrastructure by pretending they are for keeping taxes down.

you cannot stop me.

Why would I try... you are a whack job that has never stood for fiscal discipline or accountability, why would you start now.

now you are just ridiculous.

while before you were ridiculous as well.

i think that is an achievement for you.

celebrate.

Just stating facts............

If you are butt hurt...... the better.

When is it you will finally post something about fiscal accountability and responsibility.

Oh yeah thats right you will be outraged when its a repub.....

You fool no one..........

Stopping you from spending what we dont have certainly is an achievement, policy related.......

Get over it.

you cannot stop me.

Why would I try... you are a whack job that has never stood for fiscal discipline or accountability, why would you start now.

if you are a tea party then you have a do not understand what is responsible, cause what would actually be responsible is this, make cuts to programs while raising programs. so with out any personal attack, explain to everyone how tax cuts pay for themselves.

now you are just ridiculous.

while before you were ridiculous as well.

i think that is an achievement for you.

celebrate.

Just stating facts............

If you are butt hurt...... the better.

When is it you will finally post something about fiscal accountability and responsibility.

Oh yeah thats right you will be outraged when its a repub.....

You fool no one..........

you are fooling anyone either, explain with out a personal attack on me how tax cuts pay for them selves, like I said a second ago, what you really need to do is make cuts across the board Military included while closing loopholes on existing tax codes.

Just saying no to everything no matter how crucial is not a policy, it's a neurosis.

Forum List

Back