Tea Parties Looking Not Looking To Follow

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Good commentary by Jennifer Rubin. Notice too the comment about Tancredo, I agree:

Commentary Blog Archive What You’d Find at a Real Tea Party

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,348
    Are you Jennifer Ruben, Annie? :) (Her stuff sounds like stuff you would write and even the style is similar.)

Seriously though, good stuff here.

Being heavily involved in the Tea Party movement myself, I know first hand how much the nay sayers are distorting and misrepresenting the message. And Jennifer is dead on balls accurate that these events are joyful, happy, fun, and inspiring as well as being focused on specifics that must be addressed and soon to preserve the America we know and love. The opposition is doing its damndest to make them into hateful, angry, racist or worse extremist radicals.

And finally she is accurate in observing that the Tea Partiers are not soliciting the establishment but rather many in the 'establishment' are doing their damndest to align with the Tea Partiers. Whenever somebody talks the talks PLUS walks the walk, they are welcomed. Of course the Tea Party opposition then accuses the Tea Partiers of blindly following such recognized figures who sign on.

But if the old saw that good triumphs over evil is true, the Tea Partiers will continue to grow in numbers and influence so long as they keep focused on the right targets.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thank you, FF! I wish I wrote that well. Alas, I am good at finding things that say what I think. ;)

4. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Great Link. This bears repeating.

What the tea party activists do have is a well formulated set of ideas — small government, debt reduction, spending restraint, and an aversion to hurried, secret deal making. It is an agenda that is resonating with conservatives and independent voters who see the opposite behavior in Washington.

This is, as much as anything else, yet another “mainstream media misses the boat” story. First they ignored and ridiculed the tea party activists. Now the media misrepresent them to the point of deliberate distortion. The media’s distorted characterization is not simply a matter of getting the details wrong, I think. This is, just as surely as that Big Labor slush fund, an effort to kill the movement in its crib and discredit it among average Americans. Treating them as rubes, extremists, religious nuts, and racists seems to be a bit of Saul Allinsky-type strategy. (”Pick the Target, Freeze It, Personalize It and Polarize It,” was Alinsky’s mantra.) But the media is less and less credible and the tea-party activists are doing a good job of getting their own message out.

Commentary Blog Archive What You’d Find at a Real Tea Party

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    If the tea parties want others to stop thinking people like Tom Tancredo, Jim DeMint, Sarah Palin, and Joseph Farah represent their views and values then they should probably stop supporting such figures and giving them a venue for speeches.

They also should boo and kick out anyone at these rallies who are being racist or just plain stupid.

For example: Everyone saw that Dachau sign and yet nobody had the guy take it down far as I know.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  6. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    at many nationally televised events, there will be someone like Terral with a sign that says 9.11 was an inside job, and no one make them take those signs down either.

7. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    And that's the problem for the tea parties. However, there isn't just one Terral like person at these rallies. Especially with the amount of signs that people have been able to get ahold of picture wise.

8. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Wow, so Palin, DeMint, Trancredo shouldn't EVA be allowed to speak.

9. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I never said that. Again, your dishonesty comes out with flying colors.

I said if the tea party folk don't want to be associated with such people, don't have them speaking at their rallies.

Makes sense to those of us who use logic, not so much for you I suppose.

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    oh yeah, it made Perfect sense alright. Because you say so.:eusa_whistle: