Tea Partiers have a better grasp of science...how embarassing!

How true. I can't even count the amount of so-called educated folks who can't even balance their own finances. Higher education does not teach common sense or wisdom, that comes from the lessons of life. I have met many more people with a high school education who display much more wisdom as their life demanded it.

On another note about the religious comments. The assumption is made that those who believe in their faith are simpletons, when in fact a majority of scientists believe in God, just not the literal Bible. Based on the design and physical nature of the universe, this God is most likely a scientist. By attacking those of faith it only weakens a person argument in a debate and is a shameful tactic.

Not a believer myself, but I would never attack a person based upon their faith.

Everyone knows that common sense is not learned in a classroom....and that wisdom is the product of experience. Your stating the obvious isn't blowing anyone's mind.

None of that explains why so many of the "tea party" folks here display no ability to discern fact from fiction and think someone like Sarah Palin or Ted Cruz could lead this nation.

I wouldn't be calling anyone else on their ability to discern reality if I were you. We are almost 6 years into Obama's term and you still think he can.
Well it is obvious YOU can't! We are less than 5 years into Obama's terms and you as a member of the Tea Bag Brotherhood feel obligated to at least exaggerate about everything because you know you have no case otherwise.

Everyone knows that common sense is not learned in a classroom....and that wisdom is the product of experience. Your stating the obvious isn't blowing anyone's mind.

None of that explains why so many of the "tea party" folks here display no ability to discern fact from fiction and think someone like Sarah Palin or Ted Cruz could lead this nation.

I wouldn't be calling anyone else on their ability to discern reality if I were you. We are almost 6 years into Obama's term and you still think he can.
Well it is obvious YOU can't! We are less than 5 years into Obama's terms and you as a member of the Tea Bag Brotherhood feel obligated to at least exaggerate about everything because you know you have no case otherwise.

That would have been funny if you hadn't delved into a delusional rant.

How true. I can't even count the amount of so-called educated folks who can't even balance their own finances. Higher education does not teach common sense or wisdom, that comes from the lessons of life. I have met many more people with a high school education who display much more wisdom as their life demanded it.

On another note about the religious comments. The assumption is made that those who believe in their faith are simpletons, when in fact a majority of scientists believe in God, just not the literal Bible. Based on the design and physical nature of the universe, this God is most likely a scientist. By attacking those of faith it only weakens a person argument in a debate and is a shameful tactic.

Not a believer myself, but I would never attack a person based upon their faith.

Well he won two elections, so that obviously means Obama is a great leader and has nothing to do with over half of this country being entitled morons...... :thup:

Well he won two elections, so that obviously means Obama is a great leader and has nothing to do with over half of this country being entitled morons...... :thup:

Winning elections has as much to do with leadership as paining does with building a website.

Burst that bubble. He is known the world over as a pragmatic, competent leader. You and those like you represent 20-30% of the US adult population. That means you represent about 1.3% of the world's adult population. Everyone else knows the man is brilliant.

Man....if it ever hits you, you are gonna feel stoooooooooooopid!!

Burst that bubble. He is known the world over as a pragmatic, competent leader. You and those like you represent 20-30% of the US adult population. That means you represent about 1.3% of the world's adult population. Everyone else knows the man is brilliant.

Sure he is, which explains why Russia didn't interfere with his plan to punish Syria for using WMDs, and why North Korea didn't cut off all relations with us.

On the other hand, it did answer the question about why you would think Obama is a leader, you are batshit crazy.

Sure he is, which explains why Russia didn't interfere with his plan to punish Syria for using WMDs, and why North Korea didn't cut off all relations with us.

On the other hand, it did answer the question about why you would think Obama is a leader, you are batshit crazy.

Do you feel as though most Americans think President Obama is stupid?

You just agreed with him about the rape thing Dave. Please tell me you were kidding?
I brought up a point that hadn't been discussed or considered with this issue.

Further: Ever know a couple trying to have a baby for years? No medical reason for the inability, but they just can't catch pregnant. Calendars, taking temperatures, scheduling sex...and it doesn't work. Lots of stress.

So they decide to adopt. They find the perfect child, and welcome the new addition to the family. Everybody's happy.

BAM!! They get pregnant.

What's different? The stress of trying to get pregnant is gone.

There's another point that hasn't been discussed or considered.

Do you believe stress has no impact of the chances of pregnancy? I'd like to see you make that case.

No I get what you are saying but I think those are 2 different kinds of stress. Without researching I'm going to guess that stress from being raped and stress from trying to conceive will net you 2 different results to the body. With rape I bet you get a lot more adrenaline which dissipates quickly. BRB.

Just had to verify that sperm can live up to 3 days. If you are trying to get pregnant the stress levels will stay up during the time you are hoping to conceive because you are anxious. I know that a lot of rape victims are sedated by medical personnel so that would reduce stress enough for them to get pregnant even if stress was 100% effective in preventing pregnancy in all cases. Then you factor in a women that has a strong personality and coping mechanism or even the fact they may have been drugged during the rape. All it takes is for the sperm to get to the egg which may already be there waiting or come later when the woman is calmed down and no longer in the freeze, flight, of fight mode. its all timing. All stress can do is keep you from ovulating the way I understand it.
I've been doing some research on the subject, and it appears I was wrong. One study puts the rape-related pregnancy rate at 5%, while noting the chance of getting pregnant from a single act of unprotected sex is 3.1 percent.
Though the study is nearly two decades old, it has not been updated. The 5 percent figure is a little higher than a separate study that estimates the chance of getting pregnant from a single act of unprotected sex was 3.1 percent; a European study pegged the chances of getting pregnant as 25 percent at two days before ovulation but a 5 percent average over the rest of the cycle, though the possibilities rapidly dwindled within days of ovulation.

Indeed, a 2002 study speculated that the incidence of pregnancy from rape could be even higher — 6.4 percent — in part because women have no choice in refusing sex, whereas in consensual sex a woman may refuse if she thinks the chances of pregnancy are higher.​
I retract my statements.

How has this thread gone? It does not matter. I will kill it.

Sarah Palin
Christine O'Donnell
Todd Akin
Rand Paul
Any USMB Tea Party nutjob.

Finis.

The dumbest person in your list is still smarter than you.

Why lie? Does it work for you?
You posted opinion as fact. I posted opinion as fact.

The thing is, I know the difference between opinion and fact. You don't seem to have figured that out yet.

Forum List

Back