TB has broken out at Occupy Atlanta

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) - The home base for Occupy Atlanta has tested positive for tuberculosis.
The Fulton County Health Department confirmed Wednesday that residents at the homeless shelter where protesters have been occupying have contracted the drug-resistant disease. WGCL reports that a health department spokeswoman said there is a possibility that both Occupy Atlanta protesters and the homeless people in the shelter may still be at risk since tuberculosis is contracted through air contact.
Tuberculosis has been spread in areas not imagined in modern times. I recall a number of years ago when the elites on the Upper East Side of Manhattan found some of their kids getting TB because their private school bus drivers, hired at the lowest wages, were new immigrants from countries that had poor sanitation and high tuberculosis rates. This leads to the next question.
Last month, local health officials in Santa Barbara County warned about an outbreak of tuberculosis.
There is concern tonight about the latest outbreak of tuberculosis cases in Santa Barbara County.
County health officials say there have been 17 confirmed cases this year. 14 of them are in northern Santa Barbara County. There were 33 cases last year and that was the highest in recent history.

Santa Barbara County is considered a moderate risk county compared to the rest of the state. Public health officials say TB is treatable but many people may not know they are infected. The disease can often lie dorminant for years inside your body and suddenly become active.
So what may happen when the upscale Atlanta protesters with their $200,000 sociology degrees go back to their wealthy suburbs and cough on Mummy, Daddy and sister Muffie? Oh, yes. And they might also cough on the maid and chauffeur as well. If the help gets tuberculosis from the young protestors, they just might have to hire John Edwards to sue the families in a class action case. If he's not available and the help is female, they might hire Gloria Allred. But I digress.

Read more: Blog: Occupy Atlanta has confirmed Tuberculosis cases

Now me? I didn't know TB even existed any more. I thought it had been eradicated with diseases like polio when they gave you that sugar cube with the pink dot on it. Didn't you get a TB shot when you were a kid? I sure did. Couldn't enter school without one.

I think this has to do with that STUPID liberal idea of "I don't want any chemicals entering my baby's body," idea of not giving them innoculations.

Idiotic! I grew up in a time when two years before polio was still a dreaded disease, and they handed out those sugar cubes in kindergarten. We were the lucky ones. If we had been born but two years prior it would have been the luck of the draw whether or not we contracted polio.

Now these STUPID Occupy people are spreading TB????

What's next? The Black Death?

My kid and I were joking about that the other day (from the lack of sanitation), we were sure we could find lots of rats and we could name them "Bubonic" and "Plague."

Now, it looks like it's not a laughing matter.

Last edited:
Oh bullshit. Conservatives are the ones that wanted to block public school innoculations. In any case, just a cursory google would let you know that TB has been making the rounds in prisons. There are almost uncurable strains of TB coming out into the street.

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) - The home base for Occupy Atlanta has tested positive for tuberculosis.
The Fulton County Health Department confirmed Wednesday that residents at the homeless shelter where protesters have been occupying have contracted the drug-resistant disease. WGCL reports that a health department spokeswoman said there is a possibility that both Occupy Atlanta protesters and the homeless people in the shelter may still be at risk since tuberculosis is contracted through air contact.
Tuberculosis has been spread in areas not imagined in modern times. I recall a number of years ago when the elites on the Upper East Side of Manhattan found some of their kids getting TB because their private school bus drivers, hired at the lowest wages, were new immigrants from countries that had poor sanitation and high tuberculosis rates. This leads to the next question.
Last month, local health officials in Santa Barbara County warned about an outbreak of tuberculosis.
There is concern tonight about the latest outbreak of tuberculosis cases in Santa Barbara County.
County health officials say there have been 17 confirmed cases this year. 14 of them are in northern Santa Barbara County. There were 33 cases last year and that was the highest in recent history.

Santa Barbara County is considered a moderate risk county compared to the rest of the state. Public health officials say TB is treatable but many people may not know they are infected. The disease can often lie dorminant for years inside your body and suddenly become active.
So what may happen when the upscale Atlanta protesters with their $200,000 sociology degrees go back to their wealthy suburbs and cough on Mummy, Daddy and sister Muffie? Oh, yes. And they might also cough on the maid and chauffeur as well. If the help gets tuberculosis from the young protestors, they just might have to hire John Edwards to sue the families in a class action case. If he's not available and the help is female, they might hire Gloria Allred. But I digress.

Now me? I didn't know TB even existed any more. I thought it had been eradicated with diseases like polio when they gave you that sugar cube with the pink dot on it. Didn't you get a TB shot when you were a kid? I sure did. Couldn't enter school without one.

I think this has to do with that STUPID liberal idea of "I don't want any chemicals entering my baby's body," idea of not giving them innoculations.

Idiotic! I grew up in a time when two years before polio was still a dreaded disease, and they handed out those sugar cubes in kindergarten. We were the lucky ones. If we had been born but two years prior it would have been the luck of the draw whether or not we contracted polio.

My kid and I were joking about that the other day (from the lack of sanitation), we were sure we could find lots of rats and we could name them "Bubonic" and "Plague."

Hey dummy didnt you notice this thread already exists??? There is more to life then your own ego.

But then I guess that means I can ignore this thread, and you. Carry on.

there is still polio, there is still plague (in the four corners area of the us)......you arent very knowing when it comes to these things...tb has never been eradicated and is becoming worse as people dont take all the meds and mutant strains resistant to meds develop

diseases have never been a

laughing matter

Oh bullshit. Conservatives are the ones that wanted to block public school innoculations. In any case, just a cursory google would let you know that TB has been making the rounds in prisons. There are almost uncurable strains of TB coming out into the street.

That is very astute of you to compare ows to prisons.

Wow..you are making a wild logical leap. Mutant strains of TB have been coming out of prisons for some time now. Why? Because of the harsh environment conservatives want to make prisons into..and budget cuts. Having people with little access to health care in a very crowded environment may feel good to sadistic types, but it's a breeding ground for disease. And when you consider that not every prison sentence is for life..it's a ticking time bomb.

Throw them all on Rikers Island and let them build their own commune. I think they'd love it.. they could occupy their very own island and keep diseases within their own familyhood. A vote for Obama is a vote for the Occupied States of America!

It's not surprising. Large unruly unkempt, crowds pissing and shitting everywhere, exposed to the weather,, TB is an opportunistic disease.. it likes dirty filthy crowded conditions when humans and their immune systems have been weakened..

It more likely Illegal immigrants from overseas or south of the border that brought TB in with them.......that is part of the problem with illegal immigration, many countries that are bad enough to motivate people to break our immigration laws don't do vaccinations.

What a steaming load of propagandic nonsense.

Like the OWS movement is the vector for TB in the USA?

Hey-Zeus-k-rist on a crutch, how fucking stupid are you, anyway?

It more likely Illegal immigrants from overseas or south of the border that brought TB in with them.......that is part of the problem with illegal immigration, many countries that are bad enough to motivate people to break our immigration laws don't do vaccinations.

No..it's directly coming from prisons. This has been reported on for years. Have no idea why suddenly now..it's important. Oh yeah..it is yet another reason to bash OWS.

Why all the outrage from liberals? For months we heard nothing but personal attacks on the Tea Party crowds.. and no proof of those attacks.. yet here we sit and the left's darling, OWIES herald shootings to include a death this morning, rapes, molestations, shitting in the streets, shitting on people's lawns, disease, drugs.. Perverted behavior reaps what it has sown. Too damn bad.

Forum List

Back