Taylor Swift wins CMA Entertainer of the Year

On a related note, :lol: @ the guy seemingly copping a feel.

I'm glad Darius Rucker won New Artist though. Despite the fact he may hate the nickname, I'm happy to see Hootie back being really successful again. :lol:

Carrie Underwood, and she wasn't nominated. Out of the ones nominated, Paisley or Urban should have won. Urban puts on a helluva show, but Paisley's been around long enough to deserve the award. Swift is this year's it girl, and next year no one will give a shit about her.

But seriously, she is fucking awful laugh. She was booed when she played at the Walmart shareholders meeting last year. Then Carrie and Urban were applauded and encored.

Swift released her second album, Fearless, in November 2008. According to Nielsen SoundScan, Swift is the highest-selling artist of 2008 in the United States with combined sales of more than four million albums. Swift's Fearless and her self-titled album finished 2008 at number three and number six respectively, with sales of 2.1 and 1.5 million.[5] Fearless has topped the Billboard 200 in 11 non-consecutive weeks,[6] a feat no album has spent more time at number one since 1999-2000. With combined singles from her two albums, she is the female artist with the most top 40 hits this decade.[7]

Taylor Swift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taylor's just some girl that rose to fame during the Miley Cyrus era. But she was catapulted by the Kanye West situation at the MTV Video Awards a few months ago.

With combined singles from her two albums, she is the female artist with the most top 40 hits this decade.[7]

I find that hard to believe. Beyonce has had quite a bit of success, as has Carrie Underwood. Not to mention J Lo was still pretty huge at the beginning of this decade.

On September 21, 2007, Swift launched a campaign to protect children from online predators.[98] She has teamed up with Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen to combat internet sex crimes.[98] The year-long campaign, launched in partnership with the Tennessee Association of Chiefs of Police, will distribute Internet safety information and materials to parents and students across the state.[98] In early 2008, Swift donated the pink Chevy pick-up truck given to her by her record label to children’s charity, the Victory Junction Gang; in June, 2008, Swift donated all the proceeds she got from her merchandise sales at the 2008 Country Music Festival to Red Cross, the Nashville Area Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and the National American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.[99] Swift donated $10,000, funded by CMT ONE COUNTRY, to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital by winning the "Video of the Year" and "Female Video of the Year" awards at the 2008 CMT Music Awards.[100] In 2009, Swift won "Video of the Year and "Female Video of the Year" awards at the 2009 CMT Music Awards. She donated $5,000, funded by CMT, to American Red Cross.[101]

Swift donated $100,000 to the Red Cross in Cedar Rapids, Iowa to help the victims of the Iowa flood of 2008.[102] Swift has teamed up with Sound Matters to make listeners aware of listening "responsibly".[103] Swift supports @15, a teen-led social change platform underwritten by Best Buy to give teens opportunities to direct the company's philanthropy through the newly-created @15 Fund. Swift's song, "Fifteen", is featured in this campaign.[104] Swift has lent her support to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal by joining the lineup at Sydney's Sound Relief concert,[105] reportedly making the biggest contribution of any artist playing at Sound Relief to the Australian Red Cross.[106] Swift donated her prom dress, which raised $1,200 for charity, to DonateMyDress.org.[107]

Taylor Swift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't get me wrong. She seems like a really sweet girl. And she isn't a bad actress either. She was in an episode of CSI that she did well on.

But her voice is fabricated in the studio. Live, she sounds like shit.

Don't get me wrong. She seems like a really sweet girl. And she isn't a bad actress either. She was in an episode of CSI that she did well on.

But her voice is fabricated in the studio. Live, she sounds like shit.

That's what you have now a days. More and more people who can't sing, look what people consider "great" and are told they can sing by studios.

Auto-tune is one of the leading factors for the fall of music these days. That, and the quality of music has been sharply declining.

Go from the 60's to today and take a look at the top 10-15 singers/groups from each period.

Last edited:
With combined singles from her two albums, she is the female artist with the most top 40 hits this decade.[7]

I find that hard to believe. Beyonce has had quite a bit of success, as has Carrie Underwood. Not to mention J Lo was still pretty huge at the beginning of this decade.

Account for the fact that the new generation of dolts who buy this shit is larger than the previous ones ... it's possible, and as I always say, popular doesn't mean better.

My friend who works at the arena here said the same thing. She only got it because they felt bad for her and the tweens love her. She isn't a country singer.

Both Country and Rock are no longer representing their actual genres. More so, Pop has invaded both and it's more Pop Rock and Pop Country.

My friend who works at the arena here said the same thing. She only got it because they felt bad for her and the tweens love her. She isn't a country singer.

Both Country and Rock are no longer representing their actual genres. More so, Pop has invaded both and it's more Pop Rock and Pop Country.

Sorry ... but knowing you're a kid makes that rather humorous. So ... what rock and country have you listened to?

Forum List

Back