Taxpayers to get rude surprise

i saw this coming

I've been saying it since this stimulus bullshit started. I must be using invisible ink because I NEVER get it addressed.

The fact is, BOTH parties stink and BOTH are screwing us. BOTH need to be put out on their asses but they've pretty much legislated THAT into a non-starter.

And the sheeple just want to sit and watch it happen and make excuses and do nothing.
yup, every time i saw an obamabot claim he cut taxes i would correct them and tell them they would see this come back to bite them in the ass on tax day

So did I and they ignored it every time .:eusa_shhh:

When the people that are retired collecting SS and pensions must pay more they will lose more of those second homes they have. The mortgage foreclosures will be worse in areas like Texas, Florida and Arizona where retirees spend their winters.

Has anyone looked at the properties that are being sold for taxes across the nation? It is a staggering amount of real property that people are losing because they cannot afford the property tax hikes across the country.

Folks like my parents who only live in one home will be picked cleaned from these excessive taxes and the ever increasing cost of living. Even though they are thrifty with what they have the excessive taxes, insurance and the added cost of utilities are killing off their small savings account.

Families will suffer the effects even as more people have to keep more of what they recieve each month and they cannot afford to have small things done like yardwork or small house repairs.

Many parents that now are already working two or more jobs to make ends meet. Too many of the children have very little quality time with their families.

I don't think it is property tax hikes that are driving foreclosures. Here in Florida, I read that something like 30% of the homes were bought for speculation. I can't believe it is that high. But speculators thinking they could flip and profit (just like it said on the commercials) and got stuck now owning a mortgage they can't afford on a house that is worth less than the loan is the real driving problem.
You are entitled to your opinion.

From the property foreclosured I have look at in Florida I see rising property taxes as a major problem for homeowners to cope with.

California has put there property tax sales online. "The Treasurer-Tax Collector's Office of Alameda County, California is offering 219 tax defaulted properties for auction online." Ends: March 19th, 2009. Alameda County is seeing an exponential increase in foreclosures That is only one county in California.

It is foolish for anyone to think that these property tax increases do not have a major impact on property losses. Banks foreclose on property when the taxes and isurance bills are not paid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just the withholding tables that were changed, and not the actual tax code?
In other words, you are still going to pay the same amount of tax on your income when April 15th rolls around, you just had less withheld throughout the year.

It was a little of both. They gave a $400 credit ($800 for couples). But instead of giving you that credit in your return next year, they have changed the withholding tables so you can have that credit now in the form of less withholdings throughout the year. In essence, it was a great attempt at putting more money in taxpayers' hands now instead of later. The problem is that the withholding tables are based on estimated income levels, so in the end a lot of people are going to owe more taxes come next spring. Either they will have to pay more in than they thought, or they will get less back than they thought.

Personally, I think people who pay in to get refunds are stupid. You're loaning your money to the federal government; who pays you 0% on it. Congratulations, it's the worst investment you've ever made.

i saw this coming

I've been saying it since this stimulus bullshit started. I must be using invisible ink because I NEVER get it addressed.

The fact is, BOTH parties stink and BOTH are screwing us. BOTH need to be put out on their asses but they've pretty much legislated THAT into a non-starter.

And the sheeple just want to sit and watch it happen and make excuses and do nothing.

i disagree.

put up a good TP, and they run...ross perot, granted gave the election to the dems, but, he garnered a huge vote. put someone with ross' values in, who can actually go to washington and not speak as if its his own livingroom, then, we have something.

i never understood why ross and his ideas died so quick after getting so many votes.

The truth is we should all be paying 50% more now.

The truth is ... wrong. The government shouldn't be spending what it doesn't have. The answer to everything is not putting people on the sidewalk by jacking taxes. I can't even begin to fathom that "what's yours is mine" mentality.

Yet you wonder why businesses move out of this country.

I was a little tounge in cheek about 50%, but being another $5 trillion in debt since 2000 creates a need for even more revenues. The government shouldn't be spending what it doesn't have, of course, but what is doesn't have is a function of how much it collects in taxes.

Cut taxes and it "doesn't have" as much. Taxes should never have been cut by Bush unless he matched them with spending cuts -- first.

If you want to go that route, income tax should never have been allowed to start.

Blaming Bush is a deflection. I agree ... he should not have cut taxes without cutting spending. However, given we were on the brink of recession when he took office, he didn't do anything then on a MUCH smaller scale that he didn't do with Dems loving him on the bailout, nor that Obama isn't doing on the grandest of scales.

Obama is President NOW. Where are his spending cuts? Oh yeah ....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just the withholding tables that were changed, and not the actual tax code?
In other words, you are still going to pay the same amount of tax on your income when April 15th rolls around, you just had less withheld throughout the year.

It was a little of both. They gave a $400 credit ($800 for couples). But instead of giving you that credit in your return next year, they have changed the withholding tables so you can have that credit now in the form of less withholdings throughout the year. In essence, it was a great attempt at putting more money in taxpayers' hands now instead of later. The problem is that the withholding tables are based on estimated income levels, so in the end a lot of people are going to owe more taxes come next spring. Either they will have to pay more in than they thought, or they will get less back than they thought.

Personally, I think people who pay in to get refunds are stupid. You're loaning your money to the federal government; who pays you 0% on it. Congratulations, it's the worst investment you've ever made.

Uh huh. I think people who chance owing the IRS -- our very own government subsidized terrorist organization -- even a thin dime for a second are stupid. Been there, done that. Paying the IRS off is worse than a Sears credit card.

i saw this coming

i disagree.

put up a good TP, and they run...ross perot, granted gave the election to the dems, but, he garnered a huge vote. put someone with ross' values in, who can actually go to washington and not speak as if its his own livingroom, then, we have something.

i never understood why ross and his ideas died so quick after getting so many votes.

A no-brainer. He cost the GOP the election. Ross Perot was like any other politician. A rich man who got rich on OUR money and talked a good game that would never fly.

A Third Party candidate would be a lame duck. There would have to be enough 3rd party candidates, of like mind, in Congress as well. Then there are the career bureaucrats that are the REAL power in DC. Shake their asses up and you're getting impeached for a blowjob.

All of this short term crap isn't going to amount to a hill of beans in comparison to the long term trends. If we continue on the current course over the next eight years, within fifteen years everyone will be paying at least 50% more in taxes, because there will be no other options left.

Everyone's worried about a flu pandemic, but nobody gives a shit about the spending pandemic taking place in Washington.

The truth is we should all be paying 50% more now.

Whats stopping you ? ........:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back