Taxpayers to benefit $8 billion from Citi Bank Bailout

What else raised the deficit besides two wars?

Granting a $1.8 trillion tax cut to the wealthiest Americans and borrowing money to pay for it.

Borrowing money to give every American $600

Passing a Medicare prescription Drug plan and borrowing money to pay for it

And how does all of that compare to the Obama Deficits?

4322243549_fe53810489_o.jpg

If you're outraged over the Bush Era spending - where is your outrage over the current regime's?

It is a shame that President George Bush allowed Fannie and Freddie to be deregulated and collapse under his watch. But that was Bush....his party paid the price for his inept handling of the economy
It's a documented fact that the BOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! tried to do something about Fannie and Freddie, but the dems blocked him at every effort.

Don't make me dig up the quotes from Bawney Fwank, Maxine Waters, et al.

Hack.

It is a shame that President George Bush allowed Fannie and Freddie to be deregulated and collapse under his watch. But that was Bush....his party paid the price for his inept handling of the economy
It's a documented fact that the BOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! tried to do something about Fannie and Freddie, but the dems blocked him at every effort.

Don't make me dig up the quotes from Bawney Fwank, Maxine Waters, et al.

Hack.

Notice how all of the liberal whack jobs have FLED from this topic all of a sudden? Something tells me that the TRUTH scares these idiots.

Rick

We invested $25 billion in Citi Bank and saw a return of $33 Billion a return on investment of 32%.

Even your wife would be pleased

TARP bailouts are proving to be money well invested. Not only did they reverse a Wall Street panic, but they prevented a collapse of our financial sector. Now they are even showing a profit

One positive return on the investment in one company does not prove the money was well invested. TARP was about $2 trillion. A lot of that money was given to companies that never needed it in the first place while others were overlooked. A lot of that money was sent overseas to pay off foreign creditors while some domestic creditors were told to forgive it. A lot of that money went to pay the bonuses of executives. And a lot of that money we don't even know what was done with it because Hank Paulson rode off into the sunset refusing to say a word like the criminal he is.

As for preventing a financial collapse, well that's not a fact, that is a theory and one that many people do not agree with.

What an inept political party if the Republicans were unable to get any legislation passed about Fanny and Freddie when they were in charge.
(a jab at folks who think EVERY Democrat should toe the line and vote the exact same way on a Health Bill)
Obama barely squeeked through health care bill with veto proof majorities in both the house & senate & you expect Bush to have fix Fannie & Freddie with out help from democrats?
You are an IDIOT!!!

This is going to get complicated......
Add a wife's income to the loan calculation formula and my house becomes worth more. My local government gets more in taxes from me. Residential/Commercial property values go up. County looks like it made money from nothing even though my wife isn't making more this year.

Let the lower 10% of the population qualify for bad idea loans and there is a similar trickle up effect in real estate values as suddenly I could sell my old house to a poor guy, buy a bigger one myself from a slightly better off fella driving up his home value, and so on. (the theory was enticing them to own decent homes would encourage "them" to work harder to keep them, oops).

Suddenly do the capitalist thing and let middle class qualify for all these 105% loans and whatdoya know. Bankers prove they know nothing about managing money.

A bigger problem is the redistribution of our wealth to Japan one Acura at a time and to China one DVD player at a time, but hey, that's more complicated economics BMW driving economists can't figure out.

Forum List

Back