Taxpayers Might Be On Hook for Ground Zero Mosque Funding

any religious org gets this, if you don't like it for islam, then we should get rid of all exemptions

I believe in the total separation of church and state and NO religious anything should get one red cent of tax dollars.

i don't think they are really "getting" tax dollars, rather tax cuts or exemptions

but i have no problem with your suggestion

Hate to break it to you, but all Government has is tax dollars. Government has no other source of income. Not in this Country anyway.

I believe in the total separation of church and state and NO religious anything should get one red cent of tax dollars.

i don't think they are really "getting" tax dollars, rather tax cuts or exemptions

Hate to break it to you, but all Government has is tax dollars. Government has no other source of income. Not in this Country anyway.

Gunny Boy...

I still don't see where the taxpayers are funding anything? Is this just another of your racist posts?

not getting taxed is not the same as getting tax dollars...

this exemption applies to other similar entities as the islamic group

Now to comment on the article, I'm pretty sure this isn't a new sort of law. If you're complaining about the exemptions that a certain religion is entitled to by our laws, then I'm assuming you're against all exemptions for all religions.

Exemptions for tax free bonding? Let's see, the property will not generate any property tax dollars for the city once in religous hands. Doesn't seem as if it benefits the taxpayers at all. From the mosques point of view, won't they have to comply with all federal, state and local laws if they accept this money? So the Sharia Law Center would have to have open enrollment. Are the developers sure they want that? My guess is no.

No, the financing would come from them getting bonds (which are low-interest government loans). They are already tax-exempt, due to being a religious non-profit. It's in the article. And as long as the money is used for the non-religious parts of the center, it's not against the law.

There is no non religious part of the mosque, stop with that lie

Let them go to a bank, PERIOD. What is with the USG "loaning" money they don't have?

No, not a lie. Prove your statement.

Seriously dude. It's a YMCA.

Also, you're "lying" when you say the money's coming from the US Government - it's not. It's coming from the City of New York.

Last time I was in a YMCA there wasn't a prayer room/worship area anywhere to be found.

Gunny Boy...

I still don't see where the taxpayers are funding anything? Is this just another of your racist posts?

The tax payers will be funding all the interest that should be paid on those loans, just saying.

Forum List

Back