Taxing Truth

Mar 5, 2009
Truth? Not usually heard about taxes. As certain as the law of gravity will be working years from now is that Americans will see higher taxes in the not too distant future. To believe otherwise is pure delusion. Of course the Obama administration will work hard to delay the inevitable until after the next presidential election so Obama can win a second term.

Please read the rest of my article at:

Taxing Truth by Joel Hirschhorn

Truth? Not usually heard about taxes. As certain as the law of gravity will be working years from now is that Americans will see higher taxes in the not too distant future. To believe otherwise is pure delusion. Of course the Obama administration will work hard to delay the inevitable until after the next presidential election so Obama can win a second term.

Ever considered the possibility of spending less money?

Ever considered the possibility of spending less money?
In order to cover monies already spent and/or earmarked, the Obama menstruation would have to tax the top 5% of earners, 100% for the next five years. Oops, no, that would only cover around 35% of it.

Many, many "hidden" taxes are either passed or are being considered, which will hit middle America and the poor much harder then anyone else. The very folks Obama purports to be championing and helping are the one's he's hurting.

Because it's the math see. Taxing "the rich" won't pay the freight alone! But it makes good demonization and demagoguery in order to get elected!

My point of inquiry concerning Mr. Hirshhorn and his article is based upon this quote.

"If you want economic justice and fairness, then one route to increasing federal revenues you should strongly support is to greatly increase taxes on the richest Americans, the people who have benefitted for many years from the corrupt system that produced the current economic meltdown."

Mr. Hirshhorn often talks about the rich but he does not mention once in his article the injustice of the government carelessly spending our nation into trillions of dollars of debt.

Therefore, the question Mr. Hirshhorn. Ever considered the possibility of spending less money?

Does your "brilliant" tax hike solution take into account the insatiable desire of the federal government to spend money?

Forum List

Back