Taxing the wealthy more will have little to no impact on your life or anyone around you

You can't blame Walmart for the ever expanding social programs these Democrats promote. The programs are the problem, not Walmart. Why can't you come to that understanding?

And let me tell you, I've worked plenty of minimum wage jobs in my life. Why don't I work minimum wage jobs now? Because it's that minimum wage that drove me to better myself. Now had some government power came along and forced my previous employers to pay me more money than I was worth, why would I have tried to do better? I would have stayed where I was at for God knows how many years.

And if every single Walmart closed tomorrow, you would still have minimum wage jobs. You would still have people making sure they make less to stay on government programs. You would still have those government programs. You'd solve nothing.

All the programs that I know of require you to be very poor. Our stagnant wages make it clear there aren't a lot of opportunities out there anymore. While CEO's and execs get more and more increases, wages are stagnant for everyone else. Health and retirement benefits are going down too. End welfare tomorrow and our economy would go into a depression. Pay everyone on welfare enough to get off and the economy will soar.

Don't you understand? They don't want to get off of welfare. They are quite content being there. That's why they take low wage jobs and only work part-time. Increase their wages and they will only work less hours.

Want to get people out of Walmart? Let them take one of the thousands of jobs in my field of work. They are begging people to come in. Or the construction industry. They too are short handed in labor. I don't know of one truck driver that's on welfare.

End welfare tomorrow and more people would go to work instead. Nobody is going to starve because government quit supporting them. When you get hungry enough, you'll work.

Nobody wants to be on welfare. They get there because they can't find a good job. Nobody wants to be poor.

Ah yes the truck driver thing again. Where wages are going down and there are lots of safety concerns. That is you answer to our job problem? You can't be serious.

There is no place for them to go to work. Why don't you get that? Wages are stagnant. There are not great jobs out there waiting.

So are you saying it's better to be on welfare or working an actual job like truck driving? You know there are no advancements on social programs, don't you? You know you can't get experience with social programs, don't you? You do know that regardless of what the going rate is, driving pays much better than Walmart or social programs, don't you? You do know that if you ever decide to work again in your life, employers look down on applicants that have been slacking off the last couple of years, don't you? The longer you slack, the harder it is to get a job, and most any employer will have much more respect for you if you were working at a lower wage than not working at all.

I'm telling you truck driving isn't the answer to our job problem. Even with high demand wages are going down. Safety is also a big issue. On top of that there is training many will have to pay for.

So what? I did it so why can't other people?

I just get so sick of reading that there aren't any jobs when there are thousands. Or that Walmart has people by the ying-yang because there are no other jobs available. So trucking doesn't pay $70,000 a year. So what? It still pays a decent wage and even good wages once you get experience.

I know companies that are looking for drivers that pay well over $23.00 per hour plus plenty of overtime. I know a former coworker of mine that has one of those jobs at Fed Ex and has been making great money and benefits since he left our company years ago.

The problem with you people on the left is that you expect those floor sweeping jobs that pay $60,000 a year to come back because of employer guilt. Get over it! There're gone! It's a part of our history now! It's never going to happen again. Monkey jobs will never pay what they used to. And the more excuses you make for these people, the less likely they will ever make anything of themselves.

The best thing we can do for these people is cut off all government benefits. When you get hungry enough, you'll work and be actively looking to make better money and try much harder like we used to do in the good ole days.

Such wimps we have become, it's embarrassing.

Recommended reading for right wingers who constantly defend the wealthy and corporations and focus their anger on low income Americans who get help from the gubbermint. "Free Lunch" by David Cay Johnston. There's plenty more material like this out there, but since most news is corporate owned, and few people read books, I'm recommending this book as an intro to how things happen in the real world, not the fantasy world given to their listeners by fox news and right wing radio.

All the programs that I know of require you to be very poor. Our stagnant wages make it clear there aren't a lot of opportunities out there anymore. While CEO's and execs get more and more increases, wages are stagnant for everyone else. Health and retirement benefits are going down too. End welfare tomorrow and our economy would go into a depression. Pay everyone on welfare enough to get off and the economy will soar.

Don't you understand? They don't want to get off of welfare. They are quite content being there. That's why they take low wage jobs and only work part-time. Increase their wages and they will only work less hours.

Want to get people out of Walmart? Let them take one of the thousands of jobs in my field of work. They are begging people to come in. Or the construction industry. They too are short handed in labor. I don't know of one truck driver that's on welfare.

End welfare tomorrow and more people would go to work instead. Nobody is going to starve because government quit supporting them. When you get hungry enough, you'll work.

Nobody wants to be on welfare. They get there because they can't find a good job. Nobody wants to be poor.

Ah yes the truck driver thing again. Where wages are going down and there are lots of safety concerns. That is you answer to our job problem? You can't be serious.

There is no place for them to go to work. Why don't you get that? Wages are stagnant. There are not great jobs out there waiting.

So are you saying it's better to be on welfare or working an actual job like truck driving? You know there are no advancements on social programs, don't you? You know you can't get experience with social programs, don't you? You do know that regardless of what the going rate is, driving pays much better than Walmart or social programs, don't you? You do know that if you ever decide to work again in your life, employers look down on applicants that have been slacking off the last couple of years, don't you? The longer you slack, the harder it is to get a job, and most any employer will have much more respect for you if you were working at a lower wage than not working at all.
It depends; what if some no longer have a valid license or have kids that may have to go to childcare if a single parent goes to work.

So if a person has children and can't work, that's my problem as a taxpayer? We should be expected to not only support the kid, but the mother as well?

No because once the kid is of age where they can attend school, a single parent can get a full time job. Until then, he or she would have to consider child care centers in order for them to work. The best of course is don't have kids you can't take care of.

If you promote irresponsibility, don't be surprised when you end up with more irresponsible people.

Well she does get support and can vote.

I'm telling you truck driving isn't the answer to our job problem. Even with high demand wages are going down. Safety is also a big issue. On top of that there is training many will have to pay for.

I just get so sick of reading that there aren't any jobs when there are thousands. Or that Walmart has people by the ying-yang because there are no other jobs available. So trucking doesn't pay $70,000 a year. So what? It still pays a decent wage and even good wages once you get experience.

I know companies that are looking for drivers that pay well over $23.00 per hour plus plenty of overtime. I know a former coworker of mine that has one of those jobs at Fed Ex and has been making great money and benefits since he left our company years ago.

The problem with you people on the left is that you expect those floor sweeping jobs that pay $60,000 a year to come back because of employer guilt. Get over it! There're gone! It's a part of our history now! It's never going to happen again. Monkey jobs will never pay what they used to. And the more excuses you make for these people, the less likely they will ever make anything of themselves.

The best thing we can do for these people is cut off all government benefits. When you get hungry enough, you'll work and be actively looking to make better money and try much harder like we used to do in the good ole days.

No I have said paid enough to not be on welfare, that is far less than $60,000.

No there aren't any jobs. Wages are stagnant, that means there aren't great jobs waiting to be filled.

I don't think too many broom boys made $60k a year anyway. Sounds like something coming out of the foxhole

Recommended reading for right wingers who constantly defend the wealthy and corporations and focus their anger on low income Americans who get help from the gubbermint. "Free Lunch" by David Cay Johnston. There's plenty more material like this out there, but since most news is corporate owned, and few people read books, I'm recommending this book as an intro to how things happen in the real world, not the fantasy world given to their listeners by fox news and right wing radio.

Well thank you. Reading a book from some leftist definitely beats personal experience and statistics any day of the week.

I don't think too many broom boys made $60k a year anyway. Sounds like something coming out of the foxhole

Really? You don't think those clowns riding around on floor sweeping machines at GM or Ford were making that kind of money? You must be a lot younger than I thought.

No there aren't any jobs. Wages are stagnant, that means there aren't great jobs waiting to be filled.

Even starting out most drivers will make over $30,000 per year plus benefits. From there the wage goes up with experience. YES, there are jobs out there---thousands of them as I've proven over and over again. But if you're going to live in denial instead of reality, then there is not much more I can do besides post articles and take you to actual help wanted sites to prove it to you.

"A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
Simon and Garfunkel
The Boxer

Even starting out most drivers will make over $30,000 per year plus benefits. From there the wage goes up with experience. YES, there are jobs out there---thousands of them as I've proven over and over again. But if you're going to live in denial instead of reality, then there is not much more I can do besides post articles and take you to actual help wanted sites to prove it to you.

Simon and Garfunkel
The Boxer

Yes again your only answer is truck drivers. How much will they have to pay to become a driver? I have heard as much as $6,000 for school for a $30,000 a year job? A job where wages are going down when there is lots of demand for drivers? Why would anyone pay to become a driver when wages are coming down even with high demand? There is no future in truck driving. On top of that safety is questionable. And while we are at it how healthy is it to sit all day?

Simon and Garfunkel
The Boxer

Yes again your only answer is truck drivers. How much will they have to pay to become a driver? I have heard as much as $6,000 for school for a $30,000 a year job? A job where wages are going down when there is lots of demand for drivers? Why would anyone pay to become a driver when wages are coming down even with high demand? There is no future in truck driving. On top of that safety is questionable. And while we are at it how healthy is it to sit all day?

Driving careers are in the top ten most dangerous jobs to have. So is that any reason to avoid working?

Like I said, we've become a country of wimps, complainers and excuse makers. Sure, we'll be fine as a nation with that attitude. Maybe we can eventually make law that people who safely turn nuts onto bolts should earn $50,000 a year. Good luck with that one.

"Oh, the job is too dangerous." "Oh, it's a sit down job." "Oh, wages aren't what they used to be." My God how embarrassing.

So just keep complaining about those Walmart jobs since you have every excuse in the world for people not to better themselves. That is the liberal way after all--excuses. But don't get mad at those of us who took the initiative, went through the training, woke up every morning to get the experience to provide ourselves with a career and living when we don't want to support those of us who didn't, or could care less if they are making minimum wage stocking shelves.

There are no successful excuse makers in life. All excuse makers are failures.

Simon and Garfunkel
The Boxer

Driving careers are in the top ten most dangerous jobs to have. So is that any reason to avoid working?

Like I said, we've become a country of wimps, complainers and excuse makers. Sure, we'll be fine as a nation with that attitude. Maybe we can eventually make law that people who safely turn nuts onto bolts should earn $50,000 a year. Good luck with that one.

"Oh, the job is too dangerous." "Oh, it's a sit down job." "Oh, wages aren't what they used to be." My God how embarrassing.

So just keep complaining about those Walmart jobs since you have every excuse in the world for people not to better themselves. That is the liberal way after all--excuses. But don't get mad at those of us who took the initiative, went through the training, woke up every morning to get the experience to provide ourselves with a career and living when we don't want to support those of us who didn't, or could care less if they are making minimum wage stocking shelves.

Sure, the savior of our economy are jobs with shrinking wages that are dangerous and require expensive training.

It will only enable the government to spend more money on stupid ass senseless projects like shrimp on treadmills.
You stupid liberals will vote for it and see NONE OF IT. It will be blown on wasteful spending just like the vast majority of your taxes

Seriously? they are studying the heart rate of shrimp?

Simon and Garfunkel
The Boxer

Sure, the savior of our economy are jobs with shrinking wages that are dangerous and require expensive training.

You don't have to get expensive training. Some companies offer free training in exchange for a work contract usually for one or two years. They will not only train you, but pay you while you learn. How many careers offer that?

The savior of our economy is working and contributing to our tax system. Complaining about minimum wage jobs is a proven failure. Monkey jobs will never pay enough to support yourself or your family--only skilled labor does that. If you don't have any skills, or make excuses not to obtain a skill, then quit complaining about the money you make. You had options and ignored them. That's not my fault or the fault of any taxpayer.

Simon and Garfunkel
The Boxer

You don't have to get expensive training. Some companies offer free training in exchange for a work contract usually for one or two years. They will not only train you, but pay you while you learn. How many careers offer that?

The savior of our economy is working and contributing to our tax system. Complaining about minimum wage jobs is a proven failure. Monkey jobs will never pay enough to support yourself or your family--only skilled labor does that. If you don't have any skills, or make excuses not to obtain a skill, then quit complaining about the money you make. You had options and ignored them. That's not my fault or the fault of any taxpayer.

Your only example of available jobs is extremely weak. They have shrinking wages, are dangerous and require expensive training. That is not going to save an economy, that is just a foolish claim.

What we need are more better paying jobs. You suggest nothing that will create them. Sorry but you have no answers, you just talk like republicans who have been proving you are wrong for years.

Simon and Garfunkel
The Boxer

Your only example of available jobs is extremely weak. They have shrinking wages, are dangerous and require expensive training. That is not going to save an economy, that is just a foolish claim.

What we need are more better paying jobs. You suggest nothing that will create them. Sorry but you have no answers, you just talk like republicans who have been proving you are wrong for years.

You know nothing about economics. The more people working, the more economic activity. When people have money, they buy things they really don't need. This welfare President has more people not working since the mid 70's and it's no accident. In spite of all the bragging, we not only have the most people not working in decades, we still have record amounts of government dependents and people living in poverty. How in hell does any economy get going like that? It can't.

You'll never get any kind of good paying jobs when you have an open border letting all kinds of people in willing to work for nothing. You'll never get good paying jobs with weak standards to get on government assistance. Everybody needs to be working and that doesn't happen when you keep thinking of excuses not to work.

You know nothing about economics. The more people working, the more economic activity. When people have money, they buy things they really don't need. This welfare President has more people not working since the mid 70's and it's no accident. In spite of all the bragging, we not only have the most people not working in decades, we still have record amounts of government dependents and people living in poverty. How in hell does any economy get going like that? It can't.

You'll never get any kind of good paying jobs when you have an open border letting all kinds of people in willing to work for nothing. You'll never get good paying jobs with weak standards to get on government assistance. Everybody needs to be working and that doesn't happen when you keep thinking of excuses not to work.

Actually I know far more than most. You are in denial of economics. In a time of stagnant wages you claim there are lots of great paying jobs. You are obviously wrong.

Yes we do need more people working, that's why we need to create more and better paying jobs. You would cut people of welfare when there are no jobs. That would decrease spending and slow the economy.

Your dependents are created by corps moving jobs overseas, bringing in workers from other countries, choosing to pay little and collect corporate welfare....

Forum List

Back