Taxing the rich -- then and now

ilia25

I can do math
Jan 12, 2012
debt-reckoning-tax-rates-blog480.jpg

Over the same period, those high-income households have earned a larger and larger share of overall income, too.

It's a much flatter rate of taxation than we used to have, another conservative myth yields negative results.

If the rich will end up earning 99% of the overall income, do you think they will complain that they pay 99% of taxes?

I am absolutely sure that they will.

If the government is growing its spending faster than America is growing its income, do you think Democrats will complain?

I am absolutely sure that they won't.

Bullshit -- cutting the deficit is one of the reasons Dems want to rise taxes :)

Last edited:
If the rich will end up earning 99% of the overall income, do you think they will complain that they pay 99% of taxes?

If the government is growing its spending faster than America is growing its income, do you think Democrats will complain?

Bullshit -- cutting the deficit is one of the reasons Dems want to rise taxes :)

No. They want to raise taxes so they can spend them.

No. They want to raise taxes so they can spend them.

the money is already spent, whether it has to be borrowed or generated through new taxes. is this difficult to understand?

If the rich will end up earning 99% of the overall income, do you think they will complain about paying 99% of taxes?

Mere speculation based on your bias born from jealous and envy. That's not a good way to go through life.

The fact that the rich are paying a bigger share in taxes ONLY because they are earning a bigger share of overall income is not a speculation.

That is a fact.

Forum List

Back