Taxing A Dollar

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
How much of each dollar you earn is taxed?

TAXES:
(1) Federal income tax
(2) State income tax
(3) Sales tax
(4) Taxes on utilities
(5) School tax
(6) Property tax
(7) Fuel and energy tax ( including gasoline )
(8) Local tax
(9) Vehicle tax ( license plates )
(10) Road and highway tax
(11) Cell phone and internet tax
(12) Capital gain tax
(13) Interest on savings accounts
(14) Health care tax ( ACA )
(15) Self-employment tax

How much ( percentage ) of each dollar that you earn goes to taxes?
What would you guess to be the percentage of the total amount paid in taxes, that you actually get a return on?

I'm reasonably satisfied with what I get for my taxes, with a few exceptions: restore public education funding, extend unemployment benefits, have the federal government pay for a college education for any child who can gain admission, and a few other things. Oh, and restore federal funding to the states that has been taken away, allowing states and municipalities to lower taxes.

I'm reasonably satisfied with what I get for my taxes, with a few exceptions: restore public education funding, extend unemployment benefits, have the federal government pay for a college education for any child who can gain admission, and a few other things. Oh, and restore federal funding to the states that has been taken away, allowing states and municipalities to lower taxes.

a lib soviet govt monopoly will probably waste 80% of what revenue it gets. An average American family would get a $70K refund if they did not have to pay taxes. A good example is education. A classroom might collect 400k in tax revenue. The teacher gets 50k and the remaining 350k is wasted.

Forum List

Back