Taxes

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Is there a law that limits the amount of taxes you can pay? Or can you give more to the government if you want to?

If you can give as much as you want, do you liberals give extra money to help finance federally funded abortions, or federally funded ACORN, etc... I bet if you did, with all of the rock stars and actors and all of their money I bet you could fund most of these things you want, so why don't you guys do that so the people who don't believe in abortion, and ACORN, etc. don't have to pay for it? If you really have the best interest of the people in mind wouldn't this be the best way to go about doing this? Then the middle class, who can't afford more taxes, wouldn't have to pay more taxes...

Is there a law that limits the amount of taxes you can pay? Or can you give more to the government if you want to?

If you can give as much as you want, do you liberals give extra money to help finance federally funded abortions, or federally funded ACORN, etc... I bet if you did, with all of the rock stars and actors and all of their money I bet you could fund most of these things you want, so why don't you guys do that so the people who don't believe in abortion, and ACORN, etc. don't have to pay for it? If you really have the best interest of the people in mind wouldn't this be the best way to go about doing this? Then the middle class, who can't afford more taxes, wouldn't have to pay more taxes...

there IS NO Federally funded abortions now? a law was passed preventing such a few years back....i thought?

there IS NO Federally funded abortions now? a law was passed preventing such a few years back....i thought?

Here is what I found.. so technically you are right.

Activists Push Bush to Cut Funds for Abortion Clinics
Posted by Jacob Goldstein May 23, 2008

The feds distribute some $280 million a year to subsidize birth control and other reproductive and preventive health care for low-income patients. The money can’t be used to pay for abortions, but it can go to clinics that use other sources of funding to perform abortions.

Last year alone, according to Planned Parenthood’s own annual report, it received more than a third of its nearly $1 billion budget from government grants and contracts. And again, according to its own annual report, Planned Parenthood performed more than a quarter of a million abortions last year alone.

“My point in offering this amendment today is that millions of pro-life Americans should not be asked to fund the leading abortion provider in the United States.

“There is little doubt we will hear some Planned Parenthood apologists proclaim the obvious – that Title X funds may not be used for abortion. We will hear that this amendment would cut family planning efforts. The truth is that my amendment does not cut or reduce the budget for family planning in this appropriations bill. It simply prevents the appropriated funds from reaching an organization which profits from the abortion trade.

“When Title X money goes to organizations that provide both abortions and family planning services, even though the money cannot directly fund abortions, it can be used to offset operational costs, freeing up money to promote and provide abortions.

U.S. Congressman Mike Pence : 6th District Of Indiana

Little info for you Care.

How much money do you make a year KMAN? Are you wealthy and this tax increase of 3% for the people making a net revenue of $250,001 a year are going to see?

How much money do you make a year KMAN? Are you wealthy and this tax increase of 3% for the people making a net revenue of $250,001 a year are going to see?

I have no idea what you are saying but no I don't make over $250,000.... The question is if it's so important that the people who make over $250,000 are taxed more to pay for others why can't liberals voluntarily give more to the government to pay for some of their social programs instead of forcing people to pay it?

They can and do. Conservatives can and do too...

It's called 'Charitable Contributions'.

-Joe

So why is it necessary to raise taxes on people making more than $250,000? Because people aren't giving enough? If so, if you look at the research conservatives give a much higher percentage to charity than liberals so if liberals just increase their giving to the levels conservatives are giving maybe that will fix the problem.

So why is it necessary to raise taxes on people making more than $250,000? Because people aren't giving enough? If so, if you look at the research conservatives give a much higher percentage to charity than liberals so if liberals just increase their giving to the levels conservatives are giving maybe that will fix the problem.

imo, not a chance that charity will take care of the problems with the poor...even if dems donated what the conservatives donate....too many fall in the ranks of the needy and poor and even right now, charities are taking boocoos of gvt money in faith based initiatives from the gvt.

Reagan and Bush both lowered taxes, both times the economy tanked. Now if even just a smidgen of reason were used, it would seem lowering taxes ain't doing a helluva lotta good.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

The Whiner's Recession | CommonDreams.org
The Conservative Nanny State
CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End
>

Uhhhh... Maybe the unfair nature of our tax code and the trillion dollar deficit it created?

-Joe

Last edited:
It's the TRILLION DOLLAR bailout, and the $300 to $400 billion a year payment on just the national debt they have added, and the war which has been left out of the budget and the 40% increase in military and defense and pentegon spending....th:Dat has added 6 trillion in 8 years to the national debt...THIS HURTS THE MIDDLE CLASS much more than the wealthiest, because of the dollar devaluation over the years from just printing money....it is not prices of goods that causes INFLATION, it is the devaluing of the dollar that causes it.

Is there a law that limits the amount of taxes you can pay? Or can you give more to the government if you want to?......
After the IRS tried to get a son who inherited his father's estate to pay 104% of his "earnings", he took them to court and won. The Federal Court ruled that the IRS was not entitled to more than 100%. He was not, however, awarded attorneys fees or court costs. :cool:

After the IRS tried to get a son who inherited his father's estate to pay 104% of his "earnings", he took them to court and won. The Federal Court ruled that the IRS was not entitled to more than 100%. He was not, however, awarded attorneys fees or court costs. :cool:

That's the estate tax, with excise taxes and state taxes its easy to pay more than 100%...if you are an idiot and don't have any help organizing the transaction.

I have no idea what you are saying but no I don't make over $250,000.... The question is if it's so important that the people who make over $250,000 are taxed more to pay for others why can't liberals voluntarily give more to the government to pay for some of their social programs instead of forcing people to pay it?

Because that’s not how democracy works, you don’t get to pick and chose what your taxes are spent on. If it makes you feel any better let’s just say none of your taxes go to fund social programs and none of my taxes go to support the war on terror.

Isn’t there a line on the 1040 where you can voluntarily contribute your return to pay down the national debt? I seem to recall seeing that.

Forum List

Back