Taxes

Rather than argue, why don't you tell me why you don't think it's offensive? I was told my signature was and it's not nearly as offensive to the masses.

Because unless your Christian Bales mother or the long lost cousin of Christian Slater, I don't see how you could possibly be offended. Unless of course, you are looking to be offended and didn't stop to think who those two people were in my avatar.

I would tend to think that those that don't know who they are wouldn't quite see it that way and the commentary below is far more prominent than the weak caricatures.

Carry on.

So you thought they were just two random guys in my avatar? Remember what I said about exposing yourself as an idiot? That's what I was talking about.

So it's a punishment to be able to live in a society that cares about one another and come together to form a more perfect union? Your views are very telling.

It is a punishment to be forced to pay someone else's share... since you like to focus on 'fair share'

It is not a punishment when you voluntarily donate to a cause

You mantra of forcing others to pay for you or those you wish to pander to is very telling

So all taxes are punishment then? Since they are not voluntary, according to you they are punishment. Why do you hate the constitution and the country you live in. Perhaps this isn't the country for you? You don't like the constitution and you don't like any of the politicians, and you don't like people who are elderly, children, poor or disabled.

Nice try

I said forcing someone else to pay 'your share' while you pay nothing in taxes, or supporting a system such as that, is embracing the punishment of those

I said it is not punishment when you VOLUNTARILY CONTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER... it IS PUNISHMENT when you force them to contribute to or for another

Perhaps you don't like equal treatment because you do want the free ride at someone else's expense... Perhaps you should go fuck yourself...

We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies. Of course he'll lower the rate for everyone just a little, but the big boys will see the biggest benefit as usual.

"We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies"

When did he say that?

In his tax policy. What do you think broaden and flatten the tax base means?

Assuming he means what he says -- that he wants taxes spread wider to more people and businesses but paid by all at a lower rate.

Better than half not paying a thing.

Because unless your Christian Bales mother or the long lost cousin of Christian Slater, I don't see how you could possibly be offended. Unless of course, you are looking to be offended and didn't stop to think who those two people were in my avatar.

I would tend to think that those that don't know who they are wouldn't quite see it that way and the commentary below is far more prominent than the weak caricatures.

Carry on.

So you thought they were just two random guys in my avatar? Remember what I said about exposing yourself as an idiot? That's what I was talking about.

Well if asking a question makes a person an idiot so be it. And the caption is still offensive. I'm sure Christian Bale and Christian Slater are what made you choose it. I suspect you had other reasons for using it. But that's your right.

Last edited:
We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies. Of course he'll lower the rate for everyone just a little, but the big boys will see the biggest benefit as usual.

"We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies"

When did he say that?

Yes.. even a raise from 0 to 0.01 is a raise... and we have WRONGLY had a higher and higher number of people NOT IN THE TAX BASE....

You and those like you make it out to be so horrible that people pay an equal % share.. to raise to something from the nothing they pay now.. what is indeed horrible is the fact that it got like this to begin with

It is a punishment to be forced to pay someone else's share... since you like to focus on 'fair share'

It is not a punishment when you voluntarily donate to a cause

You mantra of forcing others to pay for you or those you wish to pander to is very telling

So all taxes are punishment then? Since they are not voluntary, according to you they are punishment. Why do you hate the constitution and the country you live in. Perhaps this isn't the country for you? You don't like the constitution and you don't like any of the politicians, and you don't like people who are elderly, children, poor or disabled.

Nice try

I said forcing someone else to pay 'your share' while you pay nothing in taxes, or supporting a system such as that, is embracing the punishment of those

I said it is not punishment when you VOLUNTARILY CONTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER... it IS PUNISHMENT when you force them to contribute to or for another

Perhaps you don't like equal treatment because you do want the free ride at someone else's expense... Perhaps you should go fuck yourself...

All taxes are contributing by force to pay for things we may not necessarily want. Like I said, you have a problem with how our country is built, that's your problem.

I promise you that I am not getting any "free rides" and am doing just fine. That's the problem with you and everything you believe in. You can't possibly imagine someone supporting the idea that we shouldn't leave people out in the cold unless it somehow directly benefits me. That's why you look so ridiculous because I am not getting a free ride yet I can see the common sense in helping those who truly need it. You can't, which is why you're a selfish asshole who has nothing to do with the ideals of what it is to be American. Be proud comrade.

You've just exposed yourself as:
anti poor
anti elderly
anti child
anti disabled
anti constitution
anti America

I think we can both agree it's time you considered alternate options for your country of residence since this one has so many things you hate so much.

When did he say that?

Assuming he means what he says -- that he wants taxes spread wider to more people and businesses but paid by all at a lower rate.

Great, how does any of that contradict that he wants lower rates for himself and higher rates for the poor and middle class?

Thanks for agreeing.

Carry on.

Well if asking a question makes a person an idiot so be it. And the caption is still offensive. I'm sure Christian Bale and Christian Slater are what made you choose it. I suspect you had other reasons for using it. But that's your right.

You are right. I chose it because I thought it was funny and it's had the side benefit of weeding out idiots. It's the perfect avatar.

Great, how does any of that contradict that he wants lower rates for himself and higher rates for the poor and middle class?

Thanks for agreeing.

Oh I wasn't agreeing I was explaining.

When did he say that?

Yes.. even a raise from 0 to 0.01 is a raise... and we have WRONGLY had a higher and higher number of people NOT IN THE TAX BASE....

You and those like you make it out to be so horrible that people pay an equal % share.. to raise to something from the nothing they pay now.. what is indeed horrible is the fact that it got like this to begin with

Ok, and how does any of this contradict what was said that Romney wants to lower the rates for the rich while increasing them for the poor and middle class. All you're doing is justifying why his position is best. Fine. But you're agreeing that is indeed his position. Thanks.

This whole "Romney needs to release more tax returns" is just smoke and mirrors and being done to distract from talking about Obama's lack of a record and no vision for the future or how to get us out of the mess he exacerbated.

What exactly do you think is going to be found? He paid a low rate due to taking advantage of legal loopholes? Big deal. As if any one of you wouldn't have done the same. And save the, "I'm not running for President" nonsense. Neither was Romney when he filed them.

The returns are likely so complicated most of you wouldn't know what the hell you are reading. So what are you lefties going to do? Wait for the lamestream media or some left wing website to interpert and spin them into something they are not? Get over it. If I were Romney I would refuse as well. In my case, moreso since it pisses off the far left. It's not his base or his supporters whining about it.

I love the argument that wihout seeing them how can we expect serious tax reform.

Hello! BREAKING NEWS: Every President is wealthy in his own right long before he is elected. It's all about the definition of wealth. Do you think Obama isn't wealthy? He was before he ran and he had the Chicago political machine's wealth backing him as well From that perspective one can say he was comprised before he ran. It's ridiculous. I see wealth as being defined by each individual relative to his own wealth. Most would say that anyone better off financially than themselves is "wealthy" by comparison.

If one applied that reasoning nothing would get done on any issue. Look at it dfferently. Romney is already rich so there is no reason for him be corrupt. He doesn't need the money. His wealth is sealed. The lobbyists are the problem not the candidate's wealth. Closing loopholes isn't going to help the average Joe since most of us don't use those loopholes. We can argue the ins and outs of it all day long. Yaeh tax the rich, that's going to solve everything...NOT!

Bottom line is there are most serious issues facing the nation than what one may or may not find in Romney's returns...which is likely to be absolutely nothing. It's his perogative to release them or not and he will be the one on the receiving end of his decision.

And the big boys will pay the largest portion of the taxes as usual.

Hope your not including Mitt in that group.

From CCR's Fortunate Son:
"Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman comes to the door,
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes, "

You are right. I chose it because I thought it was funny and it's had the side benefit of weeding out idiots. It's the perfect avatar.

Either you are obsessed with two guys in a piss poor drawing, or you are actually the idiot, or both . You chose it to be offensive and it works. Kudos, you accomplished nothing and you are happy with yourself for it. Good for you.

Thanks for agreeing.

oooh, So it's not his position, "but if it was" then you would be ok with it? Do I have that right?

So what his position then as far as you know it? That he wants to decrease the taxes for the poor and/or middle class?

This is where you get roped in to arguing against yourself.....

Either you are obsessed with two guys in a piss poor drawing, or you are actually the idiot, or both . You chose it to be offensive and it works. Kudos, you accomplished nothing and you are happy with yourself for it. Good for you.

Ouch? Solid response, no really. Don't be upset with me because you have a perpetual need to be a victim. Sorry your life sucks, not my fault.

Thanks for agreeing.

oooh, So it's not his position, "but if it was" then you would be ok with it? Do I have that right?

So what his position then as far as you know it? That he wants to decrease the taxes for the poor and/or middle class?

You asked me a question. I answered it. Not roped into a thing. Sorry to disappoint you. :eusa_whistle:

Ouch? Solid response, no really. Don't be upset with me because you have a perpetual need to be a victim. Sorry your life sucks, not my fault.

Arrogance exceeded by ignorance. You must be proud.

You asked me a question. I answered it. Not roped into a thing. Sorry to disappoint you. :eusa_whistle:

So what's his position then? Is Romney proposing raising or lowering the taxes for the poor and middle class?

Don't be afraid to answer, we both know you have no clue what you're talking about at this point, just accept it.

Arrogance exceeded by ignorance. You must be proud.

Very.

So what's his position then? Is Romney proposing raising or lowering the taxes for the poor and middle class?

Don't be afraid to answer, we both know you have no clue what you're talking about at this point, just accept it.

In true fashion just like 99% of your idiot buddies, you take off when you realize that you've been exposed to be clueless. Congrats! Don't feel special though, you're no different than all the rest. Join the pack sheep.

Could we get back to $5,000,000,000,000 new debt in 3 years, first credit downgrade in history, low/no growth, record unemployment, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, etc.?

I think most people find this of much more consequence that Romney's effective tax rate or his wife's horse. Well, most normal people that is.

But we aren't talking about normal people here, are we? We're dealing with the libtard-left, anything but normal, reasoning adults.

Forum List

Back