Taxes

The fact that Romney plays the loopholes on his taxes is one thing but the fact that he gamed the system so damn hard that the IRS wrote him a check for $1,609,441 is ethically questionable. Best part is that is income Romney doesn't have to pay taxes on.

Bless your heart, you've never paid your own taxes have you and don't understand how it works. If you "pay" ( that means send the government money ) more to the government than you "owe" ( that means the actual amount of money you are assessed on your income ), then you are due a refund of the difference. You can elect for the government to apply it to your next years tax or you can have then return the money to you.
Tax Payments
The voluntary quarterly tax payments one makes can shed light on the detail and accuracy of the CPA. In April 2011, Mr. Romney filed forms that would extend his filing deadline to October 15th. The extension, however, does not extend the deadline to pay taxes that are due. To cover his 2011 tax bill, Mr. Romney included a payment to the United States Treasury of $3,250,000 with his filing extension for April 15th. His actual tax liability turned out to be significantly less than the liability his advisors projected, resulting in a refund of $1,609,441. With his final return showing income of $21,646,507, this means that his advisors thought it possible that Mr. Romney could have upwards of $31,000,000 of total income. It is common to build a cushion into tax payments until final tax documents (ie. K-1s) are supplied because the exact liability cannot be calculated. This cushion, however, is typically closer to 10% of projected liability, not 50%. While it is possible Mr. Romney’s advisors overpaid his extension with the intention of applying it to taxes due for first quarter 2012, the overpayment was almost double the necessary amount based on the “110% of prior year” test. By overpaying such a large amount Mr. Romney was without the use of those funds from the payment date in April, to the refund date close to the end of the year. Even in a low interest rate environment, losing the use of such a large dollar amount for potentially over a year cost Mr. Romney a significant sum.
How We Are Different

He gave the $3.25M on April 15th. At that time he owned $3.009,766 and had paid $1,369,095, so at that time he had underpaid $1,640,671. He gave a check for $3.25M in April and got a check back for $1,609,441 back a few months later. So by your own logic Romney underpaid by more than he overpaid and therefore is the better gamer. grats

Do you understand what estimated tax payments are? And do you understand how a tax extension works? Looking at the nonsense you posted, I think not.

Bless your heart, you've never paid your own taxes have you and don't understand how it works. If you "pay" ( that means send the government money ) more to the government than you "owe" ( that means the actual amount of money you are assessed on your income ), then you are due a refund of the difference. You can elect for the government to apply it to your next years tax or you can have then return the money to you.
Tax Payments
The voluntary quarterly tax payments one makes can shed light on the detail and accuracy of the CPA. In April 2011, Mr. Romney filed forms that would extend his filing deadline to October 15th. The extension, however, does not extend the deadline to pay taxes that are due. To cover his 2011 tax bill, Mr. Romney included a payment to the United States Treasury of $3,250,000 with his filing extension for April 15th. His actual tax liability turned out to be significantly less than the liability his advisors projected, resulting in a refund of $1,609,441. With his final return showing income of $21,646,507, this means that his advisors thought it possible that Mr. Romney could have upwards of $31,000,000 of total income. It is common to build a cushion into tax payments until final tax documents (ie. K-1s) are supplied because the exact liability cannot be calculated. This cushion, however, is typically closer to 10% of projected liability, not 50%. While it is possible Mr. Romney’s advisors overpaid his extension with the intention of applying it to taxes due for first quarter 2012, the overpayment was almost double the necessary amount based on the “110% of prior year” test. By overpaying such a large amount Mr. Romney was without the use of those funds from the payment date in April, to the refund date close to the end of the year. Even in a low interest rate environment, losing the use of such a large dollar amount for potentially over a year cost Mr. Romney a significant sum.
How We Are Different

He gave the $3.25M on April 15th. At that time he owned $3.009,766 and had paid $1,369,095, so at that time he had underpaid $1,640,671. He gave a check for $3.25M in April and got a check back for $1,609,441 back a few months later. So by your own logic Romney underpaid by more than he overpaid and therefore is the better gamer. grats

Do you understand what estimated tax payments are? And do you understand how a tax extension works? Looking at the nonsense you posted, I think not.

I just shook my head in disbelief when I read what he posted.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
That is a two way street. Hiding your immigration status on college apps is the same thing.

Whats he hiding? Can any of you think past your nose?

:eusa_eh:

So I am guessing you think his birth certificate is a fake?

At times, I need to be reminded of the depths of humanity. :lol:

Thanks!

Could be...No one has seen the original..The gov of Hawaii, said he would look into it...Then said he couldnt find it, or something along those lines...

Tell us why he has a SS number from another state.

America wants to know.

You wish to 'punish' those making more with unequal treatment so that they may pay for things you want, either personally or for government... you don't generally 'punish' those you think are 'good'

And, idiot, it is also why I used the single quotations and not the double quotations.. I did not attribute you SAYING DIRECTLY the words evil rich.... I insinuate it is what you portray them to be

So it's a punishment to be able to live in a society that cares about one another and come together to form a more perfect union? Your views are very telling.

It is a punishment to be forced to pay someone else's share... since you like to focus on 'fair share'

It is not a punishment when you voluntarily donate to a cause

You mantra of forcing others to pay for you or those you wish to pander to is very telling

So all taxes are punishment then? Since they are not voluntary, according to you they are punishment. Why do you hate the constitution and the country you live in. Perhaps this isn't the country for you? You don't like the constitution and you don't like any of the politicians, and you don't like people who are elderly, children, poor or disabled.

Yep... there are ones on both side who want to cheat the system... it is why conservatives and many on the libertarian right have become disappointed in the GOP

But you liberals certainly want it, albeit for a different approach and reason, for your class warfare games... so that others may pay for you, or at least more than you, for the things you want... and as you vilify the 'evil rich' who abuse the overly complex system, you praise those who are not rich who abuse the system.... I, on the other hand, am against both

And funny how you say that what I stand for is laughable... when I stand for equality in treatment, blind to situation, person, position, or whatever else... shows a lot about you

You don't stand for equality, you stand for your version of equality, big difference.

Your idea of equality in treatment is making others pay more of a % share.... that is not equality in treatment, however...

I stand for complete and blind equality in treatment... not one like you who screams for equality in treatment when it benefits you, and inequality in treatment of others when it benefits you

As usual with everything else you believe, you are wrong. I stand for common sense and helping out those who truly need it. You stand for helping yourself and your corporate masters.

You don't stand for equality, you stand for your version of equality, big difference.

Your idea of equality in treatment is making others pay more of a % share.... that is not equality in treatment, however...

I stand for complete and blind equality in treatment... not one like you who screams for equality in treatment when it benefits you, and inequality in treatment of others when it benefits you

As usual with everything else you believe, you are wrong. I stand for common sense and helping out those who truly need it. You stand for helping yourself and your corporate masters.

"I stand for common sense and helping out those who truly need it'

Like calling Christians assholes?

That is a two way street. Hiding your immigration status on college apps is the same thing.

Whats he hiding? Can any of you think past your nose?

Thanks!

Could be...No one has seen the original..The gov of Hawaii, said he would look into it...Then said he couldnt find it, or something along those lines...

America wants to know.

No, America doesn't want to know. Unemployed rednecks want to know.

" I stand for common sense and helping out those who truly need it'

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Careful about what you say before you jump to conclusions, you might expose yourself as an idiot.

Thanks!

America wants to know.

No, America doesn't want to know. Unemployed rednecks want to know.

"Unemployed rednecks want to know."

Hmmmn I didn't know Trump and Sheriff Arpaio were rednecks. I guess now I know they are.
:eusa_whistle:

" I stand for common sense and helping out those who truly need it'

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Careful about what you say before you jump to conclusions, you might expose yourself as an idiot.

You already did with your avatar.

This whole "Romney needs to release more tax returns" is just smoke and mirrors and being done to distract from talking about Obama's lack of a record and no vision for the future or how to get us out of the mess he exacerbated.

What exactly do you think is going to be found? He paid a low rate due to taking advantage of legal loopholes? Big deal. As if any one of you wouldn't have done the same. And save the, "I'm not running for President" nonsense. Neither was Romney when he filed them.

The returns are likely so complicated most of you wouldn't know what the hell you are reading. So what are you lefties going to do? Wait for the lamestream media or some left wing website to interpert and spin them into something they are not? Get over it. If I were Romney I would refuse as well. In my case, moreso since it pisses off the far left. It's not his base or his supporters whining about it.

I love the argument that wihout seeing them how can we expect serious tax reform.

Hello! BREAKING NEWS: Every President is wealthy in his own right long before he is elected. It's all about the definition of wealth. Do you think Obama isn't wealthy? He was before he ran and he had the Chicago political machine's wealth backing him as well From that perspective one can say he was comprised before he ran. It's ridiculous. I see wealth as being defined by each individual relative to his own wealth. Most would say that anyone better off financially than themselves is "wealthy" by comparison.

If one applied that reasoning nothing would get done on any issue. Look at it dfferently. Romney is already rich so there is no reason for him be corrupt. He doesn't need the money. His wealth is sealed. The lobbyists are the problem not the candidate's wealth. Closing loopholes isn't going to help the average Joe since most of us don't use those loopholes. We can argue the ins and outs of it all day long. Yaeh tax the rich, that's going to solve everything...NOT!

Bottom line is there are most serious issues facing the nation than what one may or may not find in Romney's returns...which is likely to be absolutely nothing. It's his perogative to release them or not and he will be the one on the receiving end of his decision.

We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies. Of course he'll lower the rate for everyone just a little, but the big boys will see the biggest benefit as usual.

This whole "Romney needs to release more tax returns" is just smoke and mirrors and being done to distract from talking about Obama's lack of a record and no vision for the future or how to get us out of the mess he exacerbated.

What exactly do you think is going to be found? He paid a low rate due to taking advantage of legal loopholes? Big deal. As if any one of you wouldn't have done the same. And save the, "I'm not running for President" nonsense. Neither was Romney when he filed them.

The returns are likely so complicated most of you wouldn't know what the hell you are reading. So what are you lefties going to do? Wait for the lamestream media or some left wing website to interpert and spin them into something they are not? Get over it. If I were Romney I would refuse as well. In my case, moreso since it pisses off the far left. It's not his base or his supporters whining about it.

I love the argument that wihout seeing them how can we expect serious tax reform.

Hello! BREAKING NEWS: Every President is wealthy in his own right long before he is elected. It's all about the definition of wealth. Do you think Obama isn't wealthy? He was before he ran and he had the Chicago political machine's wealth backing him as well From that perspective one can say he was comprised before he ran. It's ridiculous. I see wealth as being defined by each individual relative to his own wealth. Most would say that anyone better off financially than themselves is "wealthy" by comparison.

If one applied that reasoning nothing would get done on any issue. Look at it dfferently. Romney is already rich so there is no reason for him be corrupt. He doesn't need the money. His wealth is sealed. The lobbyists are the problem not the candidate's wealth. Closing loopholes isn't going to help the average Joe since most of us don't use those loopholes. We can argue the ins and outs of it all day long. Yaeh tax the rich, that's going to solve everything...NOT!

Bottom line is there are most serious issues facing the nation than what one may or may not find in Romney's returns...which is likely to be absolutely nothing. It's his perogative to release them or not and he will be the one on the receiving end of his decision.

We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies. Of course he'll lower the rate for everyone just a little, but the big boys will see the biggest benefit as usual.

"We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies"

When did he say that?

And the big boys will pay the largest portion of the taxes as usual.

You already did with your avatar.

How so?

Rather than argue, why don't you tell me why you don't think it's offensive? I was told my signature was and it's not nearly as offensive to the masses.

Because unless your Christian Bales mother or the long lost cousin of Christian Slater, I don't see how you could possibly be offended. Unless of course, you are looking to be offended and didn't stop to think who those two people were in my avatar.

"We already know that Mitt wants a lower rate of taxes for himself and all his buddies"

When did he say that?

In his tax policy. What do you think broaden and flatten the tax base means?

Rather than argue, why don't you tell me why you don't think it's offensive? I was told my signature was and it's not nearly as offensive to the masses.

Because unless your Christian Bales mother or the long lost cousin of Christian Slater, I don't see how you could possibly be offended. Unless of course, you are looking to be offended and didn't stop to think who those two people were in my avatar.

I would tend to think that those that don't know who they are wouldn't quite see it that way and the commentary below is far more prominent than the weak caricatures.

Carry on.

Forum List

Back