Taxes

The only fair tax is a tax I don't have to pay. A sales tax is unfair to those that must use all their income just to survive. A graduated income tax is unfair to high earners. An estate tax is unfair to those that own a lot of property. There really is no fair tax.

When you eliminate deductions and credits you take away governments ability to influence how we spend our money. A deduction or credit for hiring new employees encourages hiring. A deduction for mortgage interest encourages home purchases. Capital gains tax encourages investments. Tax free municipal bonds lower the cost of borrowing for states and local government. etc.....

That's why a combination of sales tax and income tax for incomes over $3 million IS fair.

Buy a Ferrari and pay Ferrari tax on the sale - buy a Chevrolet Aveo and pay considerably less in taxes (unless you're stupid enough to pay $135,000 for a Chevrolet Aveo).

Supplement the sales tax with a 7% flat tax on income over and above $3 million to make it fair.

Any combinations of taxes on an amount determined by government gives government to much power and creates bureaucracy.

Buy a Ferrari and your taxed 10% on 200,000$, that is 20k in tax for being rich.

Buy a 10,000,000$ home in Carmel California you pay 1,000,000 in tax without a deduction or loop hole. That is the tax on the rich.

Buy two 15,000 dollar Thermador refriderators and you pay 3,000 in tax. No deduction.

But the poor, how can they pay the tax. A better job, they work, when one works and is paid, even the poor, they are taxed, its called a Social Security tax, 7.5% paid by the boss, 7.5% paid by the employee. That is a 15% tax on every dollar paid to the poor.

A 10% sales tax with no other tax collected gives the working poor an extra 5%, that is more money in the pocket of the poor.

Too simple.

How much do you think a poverty striken person, the poor can make in a year, just scrouging or whatever?? And what would you base your opinion on?

A 10% sales tax on a family of 4 that spends ever cent just to survive would be a huge burden. The same tax on the multimillionaire would be a tax break.

Our tax policy of cutting taxes on the wealthy has brought rates down from 90% to 70% to 35%. At the same time,the average net worth of the richest 1 percent of Americans has doubled (to $18.5 million), while that of the poorest 40 percent has fallen by 63 percent (to $2,200). Do we really want to see an even greater disparity between the rich and the poor?

Why does the disparity matter? Only if your worth satisfys your needs.

No, it is not the taxes. That is why I propose a separation between corporations and state that Liberals want, and while corporations will pay no taxes, they will reap no benefits from government, and own no lands. Let them stand on their own, or fall. This will eliminate most of the legislation of congress and the laws of the IRS, and significantly shrink the size of government and pentagon costs.

Further we can eliminate the Stock Market that deprives American workers of a living wage and benefits for their families, while adding nothing to the economy.

Corporations pay no taxes now. I own 3.
People pay taxes. All a corporation does IS COLLECT the taxes in their goods and services and pass it on.
People pay.

Yes, that is true, so there should be a separation between corporations & state & all corporate laws disolved.

No business pays taxes.

I'm still structured as a sole proprietorship.

I build my tax expense into my operating cost and bill my service accordingly.

My customers pay my taxes by way of high fees for service.

That's why a combination of sales tax and income tax for incomes over $3 million IS fair.

Buy a Ferrari and pay Ferrari tax on the sale - buy a Chevrolet Aveo and pay considerably less in taxes (unless you're stupid enough to pay $135,000 for a Chevrolet Aveo).

Supplement the sales tax with a 7% flat tax on income over and above $3 million to make it fair.

Any combinations of taxes on an amount determined by government gives government to much power and creates bureaucracy.

Buy a Ferrari and your taxed 10% on 200,000$, that is 20k in tax for being rich.

Buy a 10,000,000$ home in Carmel California you pay 1,000,000 in tax without a deduction or loop hole. That is the tax on the rich.

Buy two 15,000 dollar Thermador refriderators and you pay 3,000 in tax. No deduction.

But the poor, how can they pay the tax. A better job, they work, when one works and is paid, even the poor, they are taxed, its called a Social Security tax, 7.5% paid by the boss, 7.5% paid by the employee. That is a 15% tax on every dollar paid to the poor.

A 10% sales tax with no other tax collected gives the working poor an extra 5%, that is more money in the pocket of the poor.

Too simple.

How much do you think a poverty striken person, the poor can make in a year, just scrouging or whatever?? And what would you base your opinion on?

What do I base my opinion on, what does it matter, can a man base his opinion on anything but his experience in life.

What have you done for the poor over the holidays. I fed them, three meals, three nice steak dinners, three days in a row. That is three steak dinners for people that make Americans look rich. I made dinner for five people who are poor. They are not starving, they dont live in the streets, but they have no work and no chance at work. Further two of them are stricken with a genetic disease, never got a translation, look like MS. Further I gave another woman my wife wanted to give a kilo of rice to thirty real. I would of gave her fifty Real but my wife had the cash and being Brazilian she is not as generous as I.

Poverty stricken Americans are the most fortunate people in the world. I base this fact on what I have seen after living in the third world around three years of my life. I base this fact on the people I meet in Spain when I bring up life in the country they immigrated from, I base it on the Chinese people I meet as I travel for work and for personal reasons.

I see poor people every day, every minute of the day, I live with people who are poor, I buy them drinks and give them food. I married a woman who grew up on a dirt floor in Piau Brazil, the poorest state in Brazil, her father was the grandson of a slave, a drunk, that never gave a dime to my wife for food even when she was starving. Imagine seeing your father drunk, your eight years old, hungry, he never says hello, you live on a dirt floor, no television, no hope.

Poverty in the USA, my compassion, I gave my playstation to children who would never of had a playstation. I am about to give my PSP to them. As soon as I talk the kid out of buying one, after I tell him a great conservative story and the value of money. I will give this poor Brazilian teenager my PSP.

What are doing for the poor. I married the poor, I feed the power, I give money to the poor. Scraping for food in Brazil means you fighting with dogs over food, literally, they run the streets in packs. A bit timid though.

So what are you doing for the poor.

What a fucking sob story

Guess what dumbass, I'm working poor and I don't pay a god damn dime in taxes.

As a matter of fact I MADE $230 dollars profit last year in by doing my taxes.

I, me, are not paying our fair share to live in the country.

If that whiney bitch wants to help, tell that asshole to pay his people more or hire more people to do whatever he can think of.

you didn't contribute 7.65% of every dollar in wages to the government?

On pay day they took plenty.

On tax day, they gave it all back and then some.

It was nuts. My wife did the taxes (she can type 80 wpm), then re-checked the work, freaked, I did it with her, step by step, then re-did it twice myself.

We made $236, off doing our taxes. We sat there for a while wondering what to do, then decided it was safer to do it right than not claim any step, and get the IRS on us for some non-sense.

A 10% sales tax on a family of 4 that spends ever cent just to survive would be a huge burden. The same tax on the multimillionaire would be a tax break.

Our tax policy of cutting taxes on the wealthy has brought rates down from 90% to 70% to 35%. At the same time,the average net worth of the richest 1 percent of Americans has doubled (to $18.5 million), while that of the poorest 40 percent has fallen by 63 percent (to $2,200). Do we really want to see an even greater disparity between the rich and the poor?

Why do you care?

Do the poor have less if the rich have more?

No

this is class jealousy. If you want more, go get it. If you wanna whine about Paris Hilton, know that you would pass on your wealth to your kids.

To every person here who believes they are being taxed to little:

Put your money where your mouth and ethics are.

There is a line on every I-9 form asking how much EXTRA tax you wish to have held out. You may use that to provide the government with an extra interest free loan to them with your withholding.

Second, when you pay your taxes, you do not have to take ANY deductions, AND there is a line on all tax forms asking if you wish to pay the government EXTRA! So go ahead and fill that out for the amount your conscience feels appropriate.

I will bet that not a single liberal who reads this will do any of that here. If you feel that you have too much and the government is the best arbiter in which to distribute your hard earned wealth, put your money where your mouth is and give it to them.

America has no power people, certainly there are some folk on the street but they have so many opportunity its a matter of much more than simply calling them poor, in the best of times we have always had the supposed poor. Some of these people most likely should be in a mental hospital, rumour has it they were at one time and somebody shut down the program that kept them there.

You want to see poor you should go to China or Brazil.

Much of the "poor" in the USA has Microwaves, color television and a car.

Even the poor on the streets has shelters and food.

I know poor, I live right on the edge of a Favela. Ramshackle homes you never see in the USA, as far as I can see, or where I am at, to the top of the hills.

The poor, food stamps are not taxed. Everyone qualifies who is poor.

Working poor, eliminate all the tax but one sales tax and they now will never lose a house because of not having money for property tax, further the money spent on property tax can be spent on food, of course they are food stamps so they could use that money for clothes.

Taxes and limits on individual freedom are two of downsides of civilization.

America has no power people, certainly there are some folk on the street but they have so many opportunity its a matter of much more than simply calling them poor, in the best of times we have always had the supposed poor. Some of these people most likely should be in a mental hospital, rumour has it they were at one time and somebody shut down the program that kept them there.

I know poor, I live right on the edge of a Favela. Ramshackle homes you never see in the USA, as far as I can see, or where I am at, to the top of the hills.

Working poor, eliminate all the tax but one sales tax and they now will never lose a house because of not having money for property tax, further the money spent on property tax can be spent on food, of course they are food stamps so they could use that money for clothes.
a single mother with 2 kids making minimum wage has a yearly income of about 14.5 a year. Yet, with American government subsidies, she has over 34k in disposable income a year, which is greater than a family of 4 earning 60k a year.

How the fuck does that happen? Where's the fairness in that? Talk about subsidizing the poor to get more of it? Shit, why should I work except to keep the benefits flowing!

I am for all Americans paying Federal taxes based on what the poor can afford to pay a year. No deductions, bail outs, loop holes, etc.

Corporations will not pay federal taxes, nor have the use of the federal government. The separation between corporatism & state.

And let the states tax to hold their states together.

Another good idea that I heard is to let the states tax however they deem necessary and let the federal government collect 10% from each state and make them (the federal government) live within that budget.

You mean going back to the constitution, that is how the constitution reads, without the tax amendment.

Only problem with allowing states collect tax is the same problem the federal government has. Human nature, greed, the desire to be rich, in power, and control people.

Stop the feds from collecting money and the states will raise the amount they collect, it will never stop, the states will raise taxes and say they gave us a tax break because its 2% less than we paid before.

Only one tax, 10% sales tax. That is the only fair tax.

No fees for permits to open a business, nothing but one tax, spend a buck, taxed on a buck.
The poor do not pay 10% income tax. Married tax payers with a taxable income of less than 16,750 pay nothing. A family with 4 kids and a $60,000 income are allowed a $21,900 personal exemption and a standard deduction of $11,400. Assuming there are no other deductions Adjusted taxable income would be $26,600. Tax is $1,495 less a child tax credit of $4,000. There would be no taxes due for this family.

Assuming that this family spent all of there income less FICA, the 10% sales tax would be a tax increase of about $5,500. This would never fly.

I say make it simpler, one tax by one entity, no fees, no city tax, no state tax, nothing but one way for all forms of government to collect money, its clear, simple, no calculation no enforcement. A sales of any kind is done, ten percent tax, one entity can distribute the money to the carpet baggers.

No fees collected, not for anything the government does, privatize the bureaucracy and introduce competition. Let losers lose.

No fees to build apartments, one tax when the apartment is sold, no property tax. No fees for any building permit. Make permits a function of the fire department, I prefer firemen see the place they may have to extinguish a fire in one day.

What about all the forms of police from federal to local level.

Eliminate all the different forms of federal police, make them share cubicles.

No tax or fees to start a business, no fees for immigration, no more lawsuits restricting business or industry.

No fees on my damn telephone bill.

One tax for everything any government official does.

More Representatives in the house, two year terms, picked like jury duty like jury duty, picked at random, maybe a test, no fees, no campaign, no fraud, representatives that live and work as people in their communities, pay their bills, who knows, maybe a one year college class to make sure they are not idiots, or who knows, maybe we need suffer the fools, we do now.

One tax, a sales tax, everyone pays, the more you spend, obviously the larger dollar amount you pay, 10% on everything bought and sold, paid by everyone, not one single exception or loop whole.

This will save the people billions off dollars, no more criminals like Wesley Snipes or our Secretary of Treasury under Obama, Geithner.

So much saving for the people.

I am for all Americans paying Federal taxes based on what the poor can afford to pay a year. No deductions, bail outs, loop holes, etc.

Corporations will not pay federal taxes, nor have the use of the federal government. The separation between corporatism & state.

And let the states tax to hold their states together.

Screw everyone but me, the Federal Government is obligated to protect my rights, taxes are so out of control on every level its reached the level of a national emergency. My only problem in life is the money I have to pay the federal government. Thousands above the average citizen because I married a Brazilian. Give anyone the ability to collect money from someone else and there will always be abuse, when the government does it, its tyranny.

Our greatness has been given away so many times, its sick, we should have a billion people and be retiring at 50.

Cities under states rights do nothing but figure out ways to collect money from citizens. Imagine being able to borrow millions of dollars, ten and twenty year bonds, people who are not even in High School get to pay.

Its sick, give someone the ability to collect money and they become tyrants, debt forever.

Debt is bad, I should not be in debt so that politicians and their friends get to live fat.
I think spending is out of control but not taxes. The average American family pays about 14% of their income in federal tax. The wealthiest with incomes over a million pay about 32%. Compared to other developed countries these taxes are not that high.

How Much Americans Actually Pay in Taxes - NYTimes.com

It's easy to overlook all the benefits both direct and indirect of what taxes buy, roads and bridges, public education, national defense, national parks and monuments, national disaster relief, scientific research, assistance to the poor and disabled, homeland security, ......

a single mother with 2 kids making minimum wage has a yearly income of about 14.5 a year. Yet, with American government subsidies, she has over 34k in disposable income a year, which is greater than a family of 4 earning 60k a year.

How the fuck does that happen? Where's the fairness in that? Talk about subsidizing the poor to get more of it? Shit, why should I work except to keep the benefits flowing!

Where is that "disposable income"?
Food for her kids in the form of food stamps is not disposable income.
Housing subsidies are not disposable income.
Health care benefits are not disposable income.
I hate all that crap but it is not cash to her.
Disposable income is a check for 20K cash in her name.
Where is it?

Why do you care?

Do the poor have less if the rich have more?

No

this is class jealousy. If you want more, go get it. If you wanna whine about Paris Hilton, know that you would pass on your wealth to your kids.
We care because as the rich get richer and poor get poorer, the middle class shrinks and it is the middle class that is responsible for most of our consumption which is what now drives our economy.

Typically governments are overthrown, not by the middle class or the wealthy complaining about their taxes but the poor who pay no taxes because they have no income.

Too simple.

What do I base my opinion on, what does it matter, can a man base his opinion on anything but his experience in life.

What have you done for the poor over the holidays. I fed them, three meals, three nice steak dinners, three days in a row. That is three steak dinners for people that make Americans look rich. I made dinner for five people who are poor. They are not starving, they dont live in the streets, but they have no work and no chance at work. Further two of them are stricken with a genetic disease, never got a translation, look like MS. Further I gave another woman my wife wanted to give a kilo of rice to thirty real. I would of gave her fifty Real but my wife had the cash and being Brazilian she is not as generous as I.

Poverty stricken Americans are the most fortunate people in the world. I base this fact on what I have seen after living in the third world around three years of my life. I base this fact on the people I meet in Spain when I bring up life in the country they immigrated from, I base it on the Chinese people I meet as I travel for work and for personal reasons.

I see poor people every day, every minute of the day, I live with people who are poor, I buy them drinks and give them food. I married a woman who grew up on a dirt floor in Piau Brazil, the poorest state in Brazil, her father was the grandson of a slave, a drunk, that never gave a dime to my wife for food even when she was starving. Imagine seeing your father drunk, your eight years old, hungry, he never says hello, you live on a dirt floor, no television, no hope.

Poverty in the USA, my compassion, I gave my playstation to children who would never of had a playstation. I am about to give my PSP to them. As soon as I talk the kid out of buying one, after I tell him a great conservative story and the value of money. I will give this poor Brazilian teenager my PSP.

What are doing for the poor. I married the poor, I feed the power, I give money to the poor. Scraping for food in Brazil means you fighting with dogs over food, literally, they run the streets in packs. A bit timid though.

So what are you doing for the poor.
The history of revolutions in Brazil is a testament to a country that looks the other way while the poor fight with the dogs for food.

Pernambucan Revolt (1817)
Irish and German Mercenary Soldiers' Revolt (1828)
War of the Farrapos (1835-1845)
Cabanagem (1835-1845)
Balaiada (1838-1841)
Praieira revolt (1848)
Quebra-Quilos revolt (1874-1875)
Revolta da Armada (1893–94)
War of Canudos (1897)
Vaccine Revolt (1904)
Chibata Revolt (1910)
Contestado War (1912-1916)
The Tenente Revolts 1922-1927
The Brazilian Revolution of 1930
The Constitutionalist Revolution of 1932
The 1964 Brazilian coup d'état

Rebellions and revolutions in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where in the world are you coming up with these figures. A family of 4 with a $60,000 income will get a tax exemption of $14,600, a standard deduction of $11,400, and a child credit of $2,000. With no other deductions, using the 2010 tax table their tax liability is $2,265. FICA is $4,590 resulting in a take home pay of over $53,000. That's $19,000 a year higher than your single mother working at minimum wage.

Where is it?

Gay Dawg, nice retort, you know nothing Gay Dawg, your just a dumb ass country boy, straight right, ha, ha,

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/148206-school-defends-outting-allegedly-lesbian-teen-7.html#post3156467

I am a dumbass straight country boy

Where is it?

Gay Dawg, nice retort, you know nothing Gay Dawg, your just a dumb ass country boy, straight right, ha, ha,

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/148206-school-defends-outting-allegedly-lesbian-teen-7.html#post3156467

I am a dumbass straight country boy

Scholarly post of the day. :clap2::clap2:

Really? You think so? The family making 60k has to pay for it themselves. Who pays for this family's food? The taxpayers. That makes it 'disposable'. They have saved that amount of money.

Which equates to free housing outside their price range. Counts.

Paid for by someone else: the tax payers. Disposable income.

It still acts like cash. the EIC gives more tax money back than they paid out. They did not earn it. Their needs are being taken care of above beyond their actual earnings and taxation. That is why it is disposable.

And it's despicable.

The form doesn't matter. It came to her and she could spend it in lieu of any money she earned. The family of 60k is inelegible for all of those types of government benefits.

Forum List

Back