TAXES: what the 1% have paid for 100 years

Cali Girl, I stopped paying much attention to you since you never made any real fact infused comment on anything.

Go ask your Daddy what you are supposed to say to these facts.

I don't need to. Because I understand economics. You, on the other hand, are just a stupid person who is told that someone other than you is responsible for the mess this country is in. When, in fact, everyone who borrowed more than they could afford to pay back, anyone who used credit to survive, is responsible for this mess. It is not one group of people, it is all of us who are responsible. Stop blaming everyone who has more than you for your own failings.

Reagan gave the working class a 100% increase on SS taxes....that's why you brought in more money in revenues silly...

Reagan also raised other taxes, after he cut some....

Are you going to support that with numbers?

It is my understanding that SS are not accounted for in the general fund.

That the government raids SS on a regular basis to prop up its massive spending is another matter

The numbers come from government data.

The facts are the facts.

Those tax cuts resulted in increased government tax revenue.

So answer the question.

Why did those tax cuts increase government tax revenue and what would a huge tax hike do to tax revenue?
The laffer curve....read about it...it only works up to a certain degree on tax cuts

How did the tax hike during the Clinton era do? :eusa_whistle: I'd say pretty damn well!

Are you actually saying that we are in danger of having too little government?

NOPE, our government is way too big and way to wasteful!

What I am saying is that tax cuts for the wealthiest only work under specific circumstance...read what Laffer has to say about it.

Also, we prospered under the clinton era because we were fiscally responsible, and our economy took off in part, because the business world and public, had confidence.

WE HAVE TO PAY for what they have already done...we have to or our children in America will be strapped for their entire lives....we are shitting on them.

There is no amount of cutting that can solely take care of our debt problems of the past....NONE.

The laffer curve....read about it...it only works up to a certain degree on tax cuts

How did the tax hike during the Clinton era do? :eusa_whistle: I'd say pretty damn well!

Are you actually saying that we are in danger of having too little government?

NOPE, our government is way too big and way to wasteful!

What I am saying is that tax cuts for the wealthiest only work under specific circumstance...read what Laffer has to say about it.

Also, we prospered under the clinton era because we were fiscally responsible, and our economy took off in part, because the business world and public, had confidence.

WE HAVE TO PAY for what they have already done...we have to or our children in America will be strapped for their entire lives....we are shitting on them.

There is no amount of cutting that can solely take care of our debt problems of the past....NONE.

I've used the Laffer curve more than you.

Government spending is almost 50% of GDP.

That's what is hampering any possible recovery.

I gave you historical numbers and you give me a biased sites bullshit in return?

The facts are the facts.

So answer the question.

Why did those tax cuts increase government tax revenue and what would a huge tax hike do to tax revenue?

The U.S. did have sustained GDP growth under Clinton (although the growth rates were not as high as those that happened in the early Reagan years), however it would be a FAR stretch to contend that it had anything to do with tax rates. During the Clinton years we had a speculative bubble (.COM) that was further fueled by an expansion of the money supply leading up to the years just prior to Y2K, a speculative bubble which I might point out that crashed pretty hard in late 2000-early 2001.

There are no hard and fast rules for conducting sound economic policies, folks.

Debating whether or not a tax cut will increase revenues every time is silly to the extreme

It's rather like saying that by always going North you'll end up where you want to be, regardless of where you're starting out from.

Cali Girl, I stopped paying much attention to you since you never made any real fact infused comment on anything.

I don't need to. Because I understand economics. You, on the other hand, are just a stupid person who is told that someone other than you is responsible for the mess this country is in. When, in fact, everyone who borrowed more than they could afford to pay back, anyone who used credit to survive, is responsible for this mess. It is not one group of people, it is all of us who are responsible. Stop blaming everyone who has more than you for your own failings.

You know nothing of my personal finances do you?

I made NONE of the mistakes of which you speak and am in great finacial shape.

I saw it coming years ago and tried to warn everyone I talked to of the coming mess.

From partisan fools like you I got insulted daily for being a doom and gloomer and whiner.

I was right.

I still get insulted by clowns like you every day.

I am still right.

Now can anyone tell me why our economy did not collapse when the 1% were taxed at a 91% rate?

Can anyone tell me why they are protesting against Obama not reupping Bush tax cuts ?

The facts are the facts.

So answer the question.

The U.S. did have sustained GDP growth under Clinton (although the growth rates were not as high as those that happened in the early Reagan years), however it would be a FAR stretch to contend that it had anything to do with tax rates. During the Clinton years we had a speculative bubble (.COM) that was further fueled by an expansion of the money supply leading up to the years just prior to Y2K, a speculative bubble which I might point out that crashed pretty hard in late 2000-early 2001.

The BUBBLE did not take off until after clinton's bill that reigned in spending and raised taxes on the highest group of tax payers....and yes, the republicans in congress in the later years, also helped in reducing our deficit spending...giving confidence to the public....

business investment and the bubble would have been nil, if our government had not shown some fiscal responsibility imo....and this is one of the problems now...people don't want to spend their own money investing in businesses with our government way overspending and putting us in debt....everyone is afraid they will be hit with a ton of taxes to pay for it....

How many poor people have ever hired someone, spent $ on capital improvements, made a payroll and started new corporations?
Wealthy folks create jobs. Make them less wealthy and less jobs are created.

How many poor people have ever hired someone, spent $ on capital improvements, made a payroll and started new corporations?
Wealthy folks create jobs. Make them less wealthy and less jobs are created.

How many businesses would there be if there were no workers to make or sell their widgets?

How many businesses would there be if the workers did not buy what the businesses are selling?

It is a 2 way street ya know....the "worker" is NOT the lesser of the 2 in this game.

The queen bee would not survive and have the honey at her beckon call... without the worker bees.

You know nothing of my personal finances do you?

I made NONE of the mistakes of which you speak and am in great finacial shape.

I saw it coming years ago and tried to warn everyone I talked to of the coming mess.

From partisan fools like you I got insulted daily for being a doom and gloomer and whiner.

I was right.

I still get insulted by clowns like you every day.

I am still right.

You blame the 'rich' for the mess that the country is in. That is pure fucking stupidity. You made the claim, you live with it. Making stupid statement about the rich being responsible does not make you right, it makes you stupid.

The widget makers are in China.
We are a service economy. High tech industries need capital.
Look what happened to GM where the patients were allowed to run the asylum.
In a high tech market the 1930s way of doing business are obsolete.
Wealth is EARNED, not redistributed. Tech capital comes from the wealthy.
Horse and buggy days are over. It takes CASH from all over the world to grow this economy.
Live in the past and watch our youth suffer.

The BUBBLE did not take off until after clinton's bill that reigned in spending and raised taxes on the highest group of tax payers....and yes, the republicans in congress in the later years, also helped in reducing our deficit spending...giving confidence to the public....

business investment and the bubble would have been nil, if our government had not shown some fiscal responsibility imo....and this is one of the problems now...people don't want to spend their own money investing in businesses with our government way overspending and putting us in debt....everyone is afraid they will be hit with a ton of taxes to pay for it....

You've got to be kidding me, you're trying to give Bill Clinton credit for the commercial success of the greatest leap in communications technology in the history of mankind? Get real, the only kudo's that the Clinton Administration deserves for the economic growth in the .com years is that he didn't manage to stifle it right out of the gate and at least half of that credit goes to Congressional Republicans.

The Clinton Administration was blessed with an economic thoroughbred during it's tenure and the clowns in Washington in their infinite wisdom eventually managed to hamstring it via their usual business cycle conjuring inept handling of fiscal and monetary policy.

Look at the rates under Reagan

You do realize that under Reagan America (BY AMERICANS) produced 28% of the world's goods in 1987. That is the highest percentage that America (or anyone) has ever produced of the world's goods.

Reagan was also responsible for producing 20 million jobs and reversed the worst economic President's Presidency!:clap2:

You do realize that what was done under Carter helped the economy recover at the expense of his second term right?

Paul Volcker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you actually implying Carter was a good President? And actually helped the Economy? :eusa_eh:

You do realize that under Reagan America (BY AMERICANS) produced 28% of the world's goods in 1987. That is the highest percentage that America (or anyone) has ever produced of the world's goods.

Reagan was also responsible for producing 20 million jobs and reversed the worst economic President's Presidency!:clap2:

You do realize that what was done under Carter helped the economy recover at the expense of his second term right?

Paul Volcker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you actually implying Carter was a good President? And actually helped the Economy? :eusa_eh:

Just when you think a winger has said the dumbest things possible, WHAMMO, TM comes out with an even bigger whopper

You've got to be kidding me, you're trying to give Bill Clinton credit for the commercial success of the greatest leap in communications technology in the history of mankind? Get real, the only kudo's that the Clinton Administration deserves for the economic growth in the .com years is that he didn't manage to stifle it right out of the gate and at least half of that credit goes to Congressional Republicans.

The Clinton Administration was blessed with an economic thoroughbred during it's tenure and the clowns in Washington in their infinite wisdom eventually managed to hamstring it via their usual business cycle conjuring inept handling of fiscal and monetary policy.

nope, I ain't kidding....consumer confidence is the most important part of business growth....read up on it...

Forum List

Back