Taxes Raised on Middle Income Workers

I have no problem paying taxes but I would hardly call Social Security and Medicare a tax. These are not in the scope of the federal government responsibilities under the Constitution.

I have no problem paying taxes but I would hardly call Social Security and Medicare a tax. These are not in the scope of the federal government responsibilities under the Constitution.

If the government is grabbing your money, it's a tax. Call it a program, fee, penalty, it's a tax

If the government is grabbing your money, it's a tax. Call it a program, fee, penalty, it's a tax

You could call it legalized theft.

Or what it actually is - part of what it means to live in America.

If you think someone should be blamed here,

that is, if you think we should have kept the payroll tax and continued to add the lost revenue to the deficit by borrowing that amount in the general fund and crediting it to SS,

then blame both parties. Neither made any effort to renew the payroll tax cut.

The have nots must pay for the haves.You must feed the Monster.

$King-Obama-SC.jpg $Obama--95827.jpg

$obama-michelle-party-wh-photo.jpg

If you think someone should be blamed here,

that is, if you think we should have kept the payroll tax and continued to add the lost revenue to the deficit by borrowing that amount in the general fund and crediting it to SS,

then blame both parties. Neither made any effort to renew the payroll tax cut.

I am

Got my first paycheck of the year... $213 less

That doesn't compute. Please explain. Your payroll tax went up 213 for 2 weeks? That's 26 paychecks in a year for a 5538 increase.

With no increase in yearly wage.. from my last DEC paycheck to my first JAN paycheck (not counting the increase in SS tax because checks at the end of last year had none deducted because I was over the SS limit), my bring home pay was $213 less for 2 weeks... part of that was what appears to be a $142 increase in payroll tax

Or what it actually is - part of what it means to live in America.

Only for SOME... if it were part of living in America.. it would be for ALL citizens the same

Good thing it is!

It is not.. taxation is not equal in this country.. not at the federal level, not at the state level, not at the local level

Federally this is shown by looking no further than the #'s of people who actually earn some sort of income who pay no federal income tax

Only for SOME... if it were part of living in America.. it would be for ALL citizens the same

Good thing it is!

It is not.. taxation is not equal in this country.. not at the federal level, not at the state level, not at the local level

Federally this is shown by looking no further than the #'s of people who actually earn some sort of income who pay no federal income tax

Of course it is. I'm sorry this fact continues to evade you.

Good thing it is!

Not earning zero, but paying zero... Not earning zero, paying something.. that is not equal... that is progressive and subjective....

Not earning zero, but paying zero... Not earning zero, paying something.. that is not equal... that is progressive and subjective....

False again. You really should get someone to draw a picture of this for you.

Forum List

Back