Taxes have to go up

Cut spending drastically - medicaid, medicare. Stop all aid to muslim countries. Implement tax reform. Cut government drastically - not the military. Reduce gov. employee salaries, and benefits. Confiscate all ill gotten gains from illegal aliens, and aution them off. It's all a pipe dream - no one has the balls to do anything meaningful. We won't even go over the fiscal cliff - they will postpone it.

Tax reform...how about the Fair Tax Plan? No more income tax and even the illegals will have to pay it.

It is the best plan I know of to help get us back on track.

Fat people drink diet coke....so diet coke makes people fat.

You need do some more research to support this idea. Making things up about how the rich don't spend their money so taxing it helps the economy is baseless.

But I'm open minded.....show me some creditable research. I'll listen.

You didn't look up "redistributive effect????" Well knock me over with a feather. Whoda thunk a Rightie would just keep on drinkin' the koolaid, when the alternative would be a better undertanding of real reality.

Color me surprised. Hahahahahahaha

Who said I didn't?
Like I said there is no creditable research that proves this theory. Sure you can increase the general welfare for a short period of time but at the cost of a slowing economy. The lagging effect is a decrease of GDP which produces the same or lower tax revenue. I hear this all the time. But the data doesn't support it.

It is scary to me that someone thinks that government is more responsible with my money then I am.

Me. I would have thought that obvious.

We all know it, but no one on the right wants to say it, taxes have to go up, it's a given. Although, there has to be spending cuts, huge, deep spending cuts to go along with those tax hikes.

Republicans have to stand their ground on the hikes and force cuts on everything, across the board. I'm not talking about cutting the projected spending either, everything needs to be cut.

We also need a Balanced Budget Amendment forcing Congress to pass a budget every year and sticking to it. In the budget every year, a certain percentage of total revenue is set aside for emergencies, like Sandy.

This has to happen.

Obama's solution is to raise taxes and kick the can down the road with the spending cuts.
There is something wrong with this picture. :eusa_eh:

Cut spending drastically - medicaid, medicare. Stop all aid to muslim countries. Implement tax reform. Cut government drastically - not the military. Reduce gov. employee salaries, and benefits. Confiscate all ill gotten gains from illegal aliens, and aution them off. It's all a pipe dream - no one has the balls to do anything meaningful. We won't even go over the fiscal cliff - they will postpone it.

Tax reform...how about the Fair Tax Plan? No more income tax and even the illegals will have to pay it.

It is the best plan I know of to help get us back on track.
I'm for it!

No Democraps will only cut the DoD budget even more making this country more unsafe.

The DoD budget is 18% of the Federal Budget, but Democraps always want the DoD to take 50% of any cuts they agree on...meanwhile all the Entitlements keep piling up in the backyard until the house becomes a dump too.

Seriously, The U.S. spent more on defense in 2011 than the next 13 countries combined. It is time that we cut back on that Budget

The govt already takes about .25 of every dollar I earn, so no, taxes don't have to go up. Frivolous spending, trillions in foriegn aid to nations that hate us, pork, and entitlements to people who can work but refuse to work need to be done away with.

I think if Americans knew what government spent money on they would scream.

Obama has offered intelligent spending cuts, solved our health care problems, and only wants to raise taxes on the BLOATED rich. Change the channel.
Your stupid: Obama has not offered any meaningful cuts, totally fucked the health care situation up, hurting the economy with all the uncertainty in the process- lied like shit to get it passed, and raided medicare to fund it, and the rich already pay more than their fair share!

No, Taxes do not have to go up... Reckless entitlement spending has to stop. You don't stimulate the economy by raising Taxes... You stimulate the economy by easing the burden on the job creators.

We've tried that for the past 10 years, and it hasn't created the jobs yet.

Interestingly enough, the presidency under Clinton had higher tax rates and the country was doing pretty good economically.

Yep, sure was, we had the high tech dot com bubble cooking right along, supported by the likes of Enron and creative legerdemain accounting systems that crashed in 2000, coupled with the housing bubble supported by a sham that crashed when the financial house of cards collapsed in 2007. Yep prosperity based on fraud, now thats what I call a robust economy.

Yanno............you really should do more research on Enron. It was a bunch of idiots that belonged to the GOP that did that one.

And yeah.....................the housing bubble DID burst, but it happened in 2007, after Jr. enacted the tax cuts and got rid of regulations.

Face it..............the economy does better under Dems than it does under the GOP. Look it up.

Obama has offered intelligent spending cuts, solved our health care problems, and only wants to raise taxes on the BLOATED rich. Change the channel.
Your stupid: Obama has not offered any meaningful cuts, totally fucked the health care situation up, hurting the economy with all the uncertainty in the process- lied like shit to get it passed, and raided medicare to fund it, and the rich already pay more than their fair share!

The "fair share" in taxes for the rich is around 14 percent.

The "fair share" in taxes for the middle class and the poor is closer to 28 percent.

Why does the middle and lower income people owe the government a higher percentage of their paycheck?

I don't believe taxes need to go up nor do I believe that entitlements need to be cut. If we cannot balance the budget by :
1. Closing 95% of overseas military bases (only keep the essentials)
2. Eliminating all US Embassies (obsolete)
3. Eliminating all financial giveaways to foreign countries
4. Cutting the salaries of all government employees
5. Cutting the retiremnet of all government employees
6. Cutting the Medical insurance of all government employees
7. Slashing the budgets of all federal elected officials
8. All federal elected officials will be paid the Average wage of their constituency to be re-evaluated every election cycle.
9. 1 year for every citizen / business to pay all back taxes owed (penalty to be determined later or by someone else)
10. Tax Reform

If after all of these changes and the budget is not balanced, then I would be willing to discuss entitlements and military cuts. Not one second before.

From what part of your ass did you pull that nonsense?

Taxes have to go up.

....Or....at the very-least....RETURN to the rates.....

....that ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating."
- Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

handjob.gif

The govt already takes about .25 of every dollar I earn, so no, taxes don't have to go up. Frivolous spending, trillions in foriegn aid to nations that hate us, pork, and entitlements to people who can work but refuse to work need to be done away with.

I think if Americans knew what government spent money on they would scream.

You're right. I've been following their spending on the website Citezens against Govt waste for years and yeah, sometimes it makes me scream, sometimes it makes me want to cry.

No, Taxes do not have to go up... Reckless entitlement spending has to stop. You don't stimulate the economy by raising Taxes... You stimulate the economy by easing the burden on the job creators.

Yeah.....late-2008/early-2009 is a great example o' that!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

It's not about stimulating the economy, it's about paying off our debts.

Then maybe the morons on the Hill should stop spending so much.

Forum List

Back