Taxes have to go up

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
We all know it, but no one on the right wants to say it, taxes have to go up, it's a given. Although, there has to be spending cuts, huge, deep spending cuts to go along with those tax hikes.

Republicans have to stand their ground on the hikes and force cuts on everything, across the board. I'm not talking about cutting the projected spending either, everything needs to be cut.

We also need a Balanced Budget Amendment forcing Congress to pass a budget every year and sticking to it. In the budget every year, a certain percentage of total revenue is set aside for emergencies, like Sandy.

This has to happen.

No, Taxes do not have to go up... Reckless entitlement spending has to stop. You don't stimulate the economy by raising Taxes... You stimulate the economy by easing the burden on the job creators.

No, Taxes do not have to go up... Reckless entitlement spending has to stop. You don't stimulate the economy by raising Taxes... You stimulate the economy by easing the burden on the job creators.

It's not about stimulating the economy, it's about paying off our debts.

No, I'm beginning to think that we really need to let all the Bush tax rates expire regardless of deals. Those tax cuts took too many people out of the taxpayer pool. People who pay no taxes don't care if they're raised on others.

We've tried that for the past 10 years, and it hasn't created the jobs yet.

Interestingly enough, the presidency under Clinton had higher tax rates and the country was doing pretty good economically.

then why did bamie go down to mexico peddling his foodstamps? huh?

Interestingly enough, the presidency under Clinton had higher tax rates and the country was doing pretty good economically.

how come you lying asswarps never mention the severe cuts Clinton made? huh?

No, I'm beginning to think that we really need to let all the Bush tax rates expire regardless of deals. Those tax cuts took too many people out of the taxpayer pool. People who pay no taxes don't care if they're raised on others.

yep,, that would set some of the leeches back on their heels.

that's the difference in President Bush and bamie.. President Bush did it for all Americans, he didn't engage in class warfare.

The govt already takes about .25 of every dollar I earn, so no, taxes don't have to go up. Frivolous spending, trillions in foriegn aid to nations that hate us, pork, and entitlements to people who can work but refuse to work need to be done away with.

Or, we could set the all the tax rates equal.
How much do you make? Send in X% regardless.
Kind of simple, isn't it.

You sort of need a good economy to pay off debts.

I don't believe taxes need to go up nor do I believe that entitlements need to be cut. If we cannot balance the budget by :
1. Closing 95% of overseas military bases (only keep the essentials)
2. Eliminating all US Embassies (obsolete)
3. Eliminating all financial giveaways to foreign countries
4. Cutting the salaries of all government employees
5. Cutting the retiremnet of all government employees
6. Cutting the Medical insurance of all government employees
7. Slashing the budgets of all federal elected officials
8. All federal elected officials will be paid the Average wage of their constituency to be re-evaluated every election cycle.
9. 1 year for every citizen / business to pay all back taxes owed (penalty to be determined later or by someone else)
10. Tax Reform

If after all of these changes and the budget is not balanced, then I would be willing to discuss entitlements and military cuts. Not one second before.

Clinton??? Oh yeah... The guy who made a work requirement for Welfare that Democrats always seem to forget about. You know... The requirement Obama eliminated recently.

And we sort of need everybody to have some skin in the game, instead of people voting to tax that that other guy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I don't believe taxes need to go up nor do I believe that entitlements need to be cut. If we cannot balance the budget by :
1. Closing 95% of overseas military bases (only keep the essentials)
2. Eliminating all US Embassies (obsolete)
3. Eliminating all financial giveaways to foreign countries
4. Cutting the salaries of all government employees
5. Cutting the retiremnet of all government employees
6. Cutting the Medical insurance of all government employees
7. Slashing the budgets of all federal elected officials
8. All federal elected officials will be paid the Average wage of their constituency to be re-evaluated every election cycle.
9. 1 year for every citizen / business to pay all back taxes owed (penalty to be determined later or by someone else)
10. Tax Reform

If after all of these changes and the budget is not balanced, then I would be willing to discuss entitlements and military cuts. Not one second before.

11. No one may run for public office who has ever owed back Taxes without filing valid extensions with the IRS.

And we sort of need everybody to have some skin in the game, instead of people voting to tax that that other guy.

Yup... Not requiring people physically capable of working who receive Welfare to actively seek employment sort of makes them lazy wards of the State who burden those of us who do contribute.

Why do you need a tax extension? you know they are due every year at the same time, everyone has the same dead line, if the majority of us can do it, so can they. Really a year and you can't get it done?

Forum List

Back