Taxes have gone up. For everyone.

Some sure dont like carrying their fair share of the burden.

yes,, roughly 50% of you parasitic leeches don't pay federal taxes,, we know that.

You know that's not true, right? Just a nonsense talking point. Everyone who has any income, at least. Even working at McDonald's, you get taxes taken out of your paycheck, and even with zero tax liability, you still pay medicare and social security taxes.

No care4all, this is a reminder to everyone. read all the posts. slackjawed hit it right off the get go. just remember that if you are used to getting back $2000 or $600 every year when you file your taxes; Forget it it's not going to be as much this year.

Many people never understood that Obama wasn't giving them anything when their pay went up, he was just letting them hold onto their own money; for a little while. April 15th they have to pay the piper. Same rates as last year but not as much withheld.

We'll see who is doing the complaining when they start to file.

So your headline was intentionally dishonest?

I'm sure people will complain - and I'm sure it'll be the same people who complained when Obama passed the withholding cut in the first place. People will complain because they don't know what they're talking about. People complain all the time.

It doesn't change the fact that NO ONES TAXES HAVE GONE UP. No one will pay a higher tax rate this year than they did last year.

Yes you could say I was dishonest, but I truly didn't have any way of not giving away the reason for what will look like a tax hike.. you are correct no ones income tax has gone up, yet. But many will believe so when they get their first paycheck this year.

yes,, roughly 50% of you parasitic leeches don't pay federal taxes,, we know that.

You know that's not true, right? Just a nonsense talking point. Everyone who has any income, at least. Even working at McDonald's, you get taxes taken out of your paycheck, and even with zero tax liability, you still pay medicare and social security taxes.

So she should have said 'roughly 50% of you leeches don't pay federal INCOME tax.'

Why don't you pay your fair share?

In 2007, the top 1 percent of tax returns paid 40.4 percent of all federal individual income taxes and earned 22.8 percent of adjusted gross income. Both of those figures—share of income and share of taxes paid—are significantly higher than they were in 2004 when the top 1 percent earned 19 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI) and paid 36.9 percent of federal individual income taxes.

That would be the half of Americans who pay no federal income tax - many of those who also get money back?

Yes indeed - it is long overdue they begin paying their fair share...

Its funny how everything again costs a little more, yet the cost of living 'didn't go up' (according to Barry & friends).

So she should have said 'roughly 50% of you leeches don't pay federal INCOME tax.'

Why don't you pay your fair share?

In 2007, the top 1 percent of tax returns paid 40.4 percent of all federal individual income taxes and earned 22.8 percent of adjusted gross income. Both of those figures—share of income and share of taxes paid—are significantly higher than they were in 2004 when the top 1 percent earned 19 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI) and paid 36.9 percent of federal individual income taxes.

First of all, you have no idea how much income tax that I pay. The personal attacks do nothing but make you look like an idiot.

So, how much income tax should someone making 25,000 dollars a year pay, for them to be "paying their fair share"?

That would be the half of Americans who pay no federal income tax - many of those who also get money back?
The percentage of people who get a refund more than their withholding tax is tiny. This is just a right wing talking point.

Yes indeed - it is long overdue they begin paying their fair share...
I'll ask you too:

How much income tax should someone who makes $25,000 dollars a year pay?

Just checked my bank and sure enough my Military retirement was about $17 less than it used to be. Taxes went up but we didn't get a Cost of Living Allowance this year. Seems as though Taxes aren't a part of living expenses I guess.

I wonder how that Hope and Change is going to work out for people.

:salute:
I just check "mypay"...

mine is exactly what it should be. What the hell are you talking about?

Last edited:
Its funny how everything again costs a little more, yet the cost of living 'didn't go up' (according to Barry & friends).

They claim it's because the cost of gasoline went down so drastically. I'm sure none of them has ever been on a fixed income.

Just checked my bank and sure enough my Military retirement was about $17 less than it used to be. Taxes went up but we didn't get a Cost of Living Allowance this year. Seems as though Taxes aren't a part of living expenses I guess.

I just check "mypay"...

I didn't stutter, my take home pay from my military retirement is about $17 less this month. And if you read the thread you would know why. How anyone's stayed the same I have no Idea, Unless you have zero taken out in income taxes.

I just check "mypay"...

I didn't stutter, my take home pay from my military retirement is about $17 less this month. And if you read the thread you would know why. How anyone's stayed the same I have no Idea, Unless you have zero taken out in income taxes.
You also mentioned the cost of living allowance (COLA)..

Each year military retirement pay is adjusted to meet the increased cost of living. This Cost-of-Living-Adjustment (COLA) varies from year to year based on the previous year's Consumer Price Index (CPI). The CPI dipped below 4 percent in the first two quarters of FY2009 and was still in negative numbers at the end of the fiscal year. Due to the negative CPI in FY2009 there will likely be no COLA increase for military retirees in 2010.

Do you know why the CPI dipped so low in 2009? Hmmmm.

but the senators and congressmen voted a salary increase for themselves and also excluded themselves form the future failure called national healthcare.

I just check "mypay"...

Each year military retirement pay is adjusted to meet the increased cost of living. This Cost-of-Living-Adjustment (COLA) varies from year to year based on the previous year's Consumer Price Index (CPI). The CPI dipped below 4 percent in the first two quarters of FY2009 and was still in negative numbers at the end of the fiscal year. Due to the negative CPI in FY2009 there will likely be no COLA increase for military retirees in 2010.

Yes dumb ass, I posted the reason just a few posts up. Read much?

So you agree, the CPI dipped so low the first two quarters of 2009 becasue of 2008. Who was in power then?

Dumb ass indeed.

So you agree, the CPI dipped so low the first two quarters of 2009 becasue of 2008. Who was in power then?

Dumb ass indeed.

Now why are you trying to distract the thread? Fact is that many people are going to come up short in their paychecks and they are not going to understand why. And the reason is that they thought Obama gave them a tax cut last year and all he did was give them a temporary break and a cut in what many will still expect back when they do their taxes. If you have anything to say about that I'll be happy to read it.

Forum List

Back