Taxes for the wealthy are too high!

Why are you pretending that your argument has not been exploded here already?

Because it hasnt?
In any case, you could tax cap gains at 100%. bUt then no one would ever invest a dime in this country.

Why do you keep trying to draw me into a discussion with you? I have told you that I think you are too dumb to do so. You are not worth my time. Am I being clear?
Typically when someone throws out an opinion, they ought to be able to defend it in some manner. But if you cant, which I suspect, then I'll just ignore your stupid ass.

Romney pays 14% on his taxes.

I pay 23%.

This is the real redistribution of wealth in America.....welfare for the wealthy.

He already was taxed on that money once. He pays Capital Gains on it the second time round.

Guess he pays his fair share. Taxed twice on the same money.

Perhaps one day you'll be in the same boat and I'd like to hear you bitch about it then.

You are taxed twice too after you get paid. Your paycheck is taxed, you take your money to the grocery store - guess what you are taxed again the check out line.

This double taxation is silly talk.

Those aren't comparable. Right?

Besides if these cooperations want to avoid the "double taxation" - un-incorporate and lose the liability clause. They had better be creating some really safe products, otherwise some investors are going to lose their shit.

Hey Rabbi. You aren't real bright.

Are you really saying that an investor, if he couldn't make 85% return on his investment, that they wouldn't invest if they only made 70% on an investment.

So in your warped ass weird world, it is much better to have no return on investment as opposed to 70% return.

I got a feeling I know why you are not in the ultra wealthy class. To stupid to understand basic economics. 70% return is not as good as 85%, but a lot better than 0%. Hope that helps.

So your stupid fuking idea that if the rich pay more in capital gains, they will quit investing, is pure unadulterated bull shit. The ultra rich are a lot smarter than you. They will still invest.

1. Warren has all of his personal wealth in a tax free trust

2. Warren's Company Berkshire Hathaway often uses stock swaps to acquire other companies. Unlike a sale for cash, a stock swap is a, can you guess? That's right! Tax free exchange!

I pay 23%.

This is the real redistribution of wealth in America.....welfare for the wealthy.

He already was taxed on that money once. He pays Capital Gains on it the second time round.

Perhaps one day you'll be in the same boat and I'd like to hear you bitch about it then.

You are full of shit. Mitt and those like him use a tax avoidance scheme that the big traders on Wall street cooked up called "carried interest". It allows them to treat their ordinary income as a capital gain, even though they never had capital at risk. They are able to do this because they have so much fuking money they could employ lobbyists to get the tax code changed to allow this theft.

And you support this shit. Fuk you.

In your mind thats what they do and you support your shit. Fuck you asshole.

Are you really saying that an investor, if he couldn't make 85% return on his investment, that they wouldn't invest if they only made 70% on an investment.

So in your warped ass weird world, it is much better to have no return on investment as opposed to 70% return.

I got a feeling I know why you are not in the ultra wealthy class. To stupid to understand basic economics. 70% return is not as good as 85%, but a lot better than 0%. Hope that helps.

So your stupid fuking idea that if the rich pay more in capital gains, they will quit investing, is pure unadulterated bull shit. The ultra rich are a lot smarter than you. They will still invest.

Well....those percentages should be discussed as the portion of gain that is untaxed. Typical returns are not 70 or 85%. That makes investing sound very attractive indeed.

The taxes for everyone are too high. When the Income tax was amended into the Constitution, it was done so on the premise that it would never go above 5%. Needless to say the politicians broke that promise within a few years.

Why on earth should we be paying our government so much that we need to work until March/April to pay them off?

Let's just shut down education, security, energy, research, space programs, etc. but by gawd lets stop jumping on sovereign nations 10,000 miles away and spending a trillion dollars so the military/industrial complex can thrive and profit too.

Well....those percentages should be discussed as the portion of gain that is untaxed. Typical returns are not 70 or 85%. That makes investing sound very attractive indeed.

I must not have typed clearly enough. If your investment nets you one dollar in capital gain, and your tax rate is 15%, you made 85 cents on that dollar. If your tax rate is 30%, you made 70 cents on your dollar. Not as good as the 85 cents, but a lot better than 0%,

Some on here contend that if capital gains taxes were raised, that the people with the capital would not invest. I say bullshit. People that invest do understand that some gain is better than no gain at all.

I must not have typed clearly enough. If your investment nets you one dollar in capital gain, and your tax rate is 15%, you made 85 cents on that dollar. If your tax rate is 30%, you made 70 cents on your dollar. Not as good as the 85 cents, but a lot better than 0%,

Some on here contend that if capital gains taxes were raised, that the people with the capital would not invest. I say bullshit. People that invest do understand that some gain is better than no gain at all.

In that scenario, you made 70 cents on your dollar if you initially invested only one dollar. In reality, to net one dollar you have to invest much more than that.

I understand what you mean. I am just clarifying the return on investment that you are discussing. You mean to say that if your return is one dollar ( not 70% ) and the cap gains tax is 30%, you get to keep 70% of the return. It is what you keep of what you make.....not what you make.

Just semantics.

Taxes for the wealthy are too high!

:lol:

Yeah...right.

Perhaps if you take your nose out of the anus of your Masters you might smell the wart of the revolution that's brewing.

You servants to the masters won't be on the last boat leaving before that happens, ya know?

No, I know you don't know that. You really do think the people you serve are as loyal to you as you are to them, don't you?

You'll learn, kid. Eventually all of us who work for a living figure that out.

I pay 23%.

The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood likes to say Obama voters are low information voters, but the above is proof that the Bishop Willard voters are the no information voters.

Capital gains tax is only on the GAIN, not on the original investment. IOW, if you spend $100 on stock and sell it for $110 you only pay capital gains on the $10, not on the $100.

I know that will not stop you from claiming that the $100 is double taxed, but from now on you will know you are lying when you say it.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest."
- Anonymous

Last edited:

Hey Zeke. You're a fucking fool and a half.
Know where I can make 70% on my investment? No? Then shut the fuck up.
Do you really think rich investors have choices of just 70% return and nothing? Do you really think they do not figure after tax gains when considering investments?
What an ignoramus.

I pay 23%.

The reason right wingers don't see it that way is because if Mitt pays 14% on 100 million, that's 14 million. If you pay 23% on 100,000 that 23 thousand. Mitt pays 14 million, you 23 thousand. So Mitt is paying way too much. All that numbers and percent is mumbo jumbo. Mitt pays more. That's the right wing bottom line.

The taxes for everyone are too high. When the Income tax was amended into the Constitution, it was done so on the premise that it would never go above 5%. Needless to say the politicians broke that promise within a few years.

Why on earth should we be paying our government so much that we need to work until March/April to pay them off?

Let's just shut down education, security, energy, research, space programs, etc. but by gawd lets stop jumping on sovereign nations 10,000 miles away and spending a trillion dollars so the military/industrial complex can thrive and profit too.

Sounds like the Republicans "plan for the future".

Forum List

Back