Taxes for the wealthy are too high!

The taxes for everyone are too high. When the Income tax was amended into the Constitution, it was done so on the premise that it would never go above 5%. Needless to say the politicians broke that promise within a few years.

Why on earth should we be paying our government so much that we need to work until March/April to pay them off?

If we go by what Mitt says, "Food, Education and Health Care" are "gifts". Then "jobs" must be charity. Too bad Mitt gives so much to the Chinese.

The taxes for everyone are too high. When the Income tax was amended into the Constitution, it was done so on the premise that it would never go above 5%. Needless to say the politicians broke that promise within a few years.

Why on earth should we be paying our government so much that we need to work until March/April to pay them off?
And most people don't know that Income Taxes only go towards paying the Interest on the National Debt.

So if Congress controlled the currency and not the Federal Reserve, there would be no need for income taxes at all.

Romney pays 14% on his taxes.

I pay 23%.

This is the real redistribution of wealth in America.....welfare for the wealthy.

The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics.

There was, in fact, only one time that capital gains were taxed at the same rates that were paid by people who earned their money by working. That was during the years 1988 to 1990, as a result of the Tax Reform Act of 1986 — a law championed by President Ronald Reagan.

" We're going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory some of those loophole were understandable, but in practice, they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing." ~ Ronald Reagan.

I pay 23%.

This is the real redistribution of wealth in America.....welfare for the wealthy.

He already was taxed on that money once. He pays Capital Gains on it the second time round.

Guess he pays his fair share. Taxed twice on the same money.

Perhaps one day you'll be in the same boat and I'd like to hear you bitch about it then.

I pay 23%.

He already was taxed on that money once. He pays Capital Gains on it the second time round.

Perhaps one day you'll be in the same boat and I'd like to hear you bitch about it then.

You are full of shit. Mitt and those like him use a tax avoidance scheme that the big traders on Wall street cooked up called "carried interest". It allows them to treat their ordinary income as a capital gain, even though they never had capital at risk. They are able to do this because they have so much fuking money they could employ lobbyists to get the tax code changed to allow this theft.

And you support this shit. Fuk you.

And most people don't know that Income Taxes only go towards paying the Interest on the National Debt.

So if Congress controlled the currency and not the Federal Reserve, there would be no need for income taxes at all.

Wow there's a non-sequitur from Wookie-land.

I pay 23%.

You are full of shit. Mitt and those like him use a tax avoidance scheme that the big traders on Wall street cooked up called "carried interest". It allows them to treat their ordinary income as a capital gain, even though they never had capital at risk. They are able to do this because they have so much fuking money they could employ lobbyists to get the tax code changed to allow this theft.

And you support this shit. Fuk you.

You've seen Mitt's tax returns?

I pay 23%.

Why are you pretending that your argument has not been exploded here already?

I pay 23%.

Because it hasnt?
In any case, you could tax cap gains at 100%. bUt then no one would ever invest a dime in this country.

Because it hasnt?
In any case, you could tax cap gains at 100%. bUt then no one would ever invest a dime in this country.

Why do you keep trying to draw me into a discussion with you? I have told you that I think you are too dumb to do so. You are not worth my time. Am I being clear?

I pay 23%.

You are taxed twice too after you get paid. Your paycheck is taxed, you take your money to the grocery store - guess what you are taxed again the check out line.

This double taxation is silly talk.

Forum List

Back