"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society."

And to think, the greater amount of taxes you pay........the more civilised you are..........

And "patriotic" too............LOL

And to think, the greater amount of taxes you pay........the more civilised you are..........

And "patriotic" too............LOL

People who earn money wanting to keep it are bad, people who didn't earn it plundering it are good. Any questions?

what has happened to the GOP since? why do they support tax breaks for the rich?

They support tax breaks for everyone in general but the liberal media frames it as "for the rich" because it affects the rich greater. It's as simple as saying 20% of $10 mil is greater than 20% of $50k.

If one person is paying 20% on $50,000 of income ($10k) and another is paying 30% on $10 mil in income ($3 mil), then you reduce both rates by 5%, the guy once paying $10k is now paying $7,500 ($2,500 savings) and the guy once paying $3 mil is now paying $2.5 mil ($500k savings). OH MY GOD!! THE RICH GUY SAVED $500,000 ON HIS TAXES!

this is a quote, by a Republican named Oliver Wendell Holmes.

what has happened to the GOP since? why do they support tax breaks for the rich?

Im a nut for our past history when it comes to politics. And I feel this quote should remind the GOPers here that their history is a different one than what they try and portray currently. posers.

So you interpret that to mean we should give the government a blank check and meekly cough up whatever the politicians and the parasites demand?

Then why call them Bush tax cuts ?

for fvcks sake. ill call them what ever you like. I could care less. Just try and add substance, unbiased info and conversation like Claudette did. Please and thank you.

Let's call them partial repeal of the Clinton tax increases.

Im a nut for our past history when it comes to politics. And I feel this quote should remind the GOPers here that their history is a different one than what they try and portray currently. posers.

Are leftie Obama supporters stupid or just ignorant? Of course we need to pay taxes but we don't have to depend on dumb ass democrats to waste money on foolish and often redundant regulations and thousands of federal commissions that don't do much other than waste money. The ironic thing is that left wingers think it's fine that Media Matters is tax exempt as long as it monitors only conservative speech and hires sleazy investigators to harass only republicans.

Great, save me the speech, I know the routine. So you're ok with your taxes increasing then in order to ensure that everyone pays something?

Nope. I pay far more in taxes than I'll ever receive in benefits. Government doesn't produce anything I want.

what has happened to the GOP since? why do they support tax breaks for the rich? \
The last person to cut taxes for the rich was The Obama.

Yours is dual a false premise, that the GOP opposes taxes, and that the level of taxation you seek is necessary for a civilized society.

Don't pick and choose who you raise taxes on. Raise em on everyone. That includes the 49%who pay no Fed taxes at all.

Get rid of the tax loopholes, the tax breaks, the subsidies and the EIC.

Loads of folks out there collecting thousands of dollars for their kids. Loads of em pay hardly anything in taxes yet get back thousands come tax time simply because they have kids. Someone elses tax money I might add. Christmas at tax time.

If you don't have skin in the game you don't really care who pays those taxes. Your all for raising taxes on everyone but you.

Great, save me the speech, I know the routine. So you're ok with your taxes increasing then in order to ensure that everyone pays something?

If your gonna raise taxes then raise em of everyone.

If they want money the middle class is the place to go. Way more of them than the 1 or 2 percent. Shit. You could take every dime they have and it would be a drop in the bucket.

As for those who pay nothing but reap the benefits? Its only fair they pay something.

After all isn't "fairness" and paying you"fair share" what its all about??

A simple yes or no is all I'm looking for. No soapbox is needed.

It does seem though that you feel that the way back to prosperity for the country is raising the taxes of everyone including raising taxes on the poor and middle class. Is that correct?

Nope. I pay far more in taxes than I'll ever receive in benefits. Government doesn't produce anything I want.

LMAO. Why do you live here then?

The motivation to live is here is declining all the time. However, the USA still has the least bad government in the world. That's the best you can say about it. It's like being a hostage of the guy who is last on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. It's better than being a hostage of the guy who's first on the list.

Just because we need taxes, does not mean we need to agree to every single Increase that comes down the Pike.

Taxation is theft by force/violence.

A civil society it does not make. Only civilians engaged in voluntary exchange, free of coercive measure against one another make that happen.

But, the human farmers thank you for praising their system of farming your production for their own benefit.

Last edited:

LMAO. Why do you live here then?

The motivation to live is here is declining all the time. However, the USA still has the least bad government in the world. That's the best you can say about it. It's like being a hostage of the guy who is last on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. It's better than being a hostage of the guy who's first on the list.

As of last week, when Japan lowered its Cooperate Tax Rate, the US now has the Highest Cooperate Tax Rate in the World.

It really is this simple, we can not compete, we have become one of the least popular places to operate a Business, We have become the place you try and sell your shit, but would never dream of trying to make your shit in.

lol

530931_380810975322708_1026684430_n.jpg

If they want money the middle class is the place to go. Way more of them than the 1 or 2 percent. Shit. You could take every dime they have and it would be a drop in the bucket.

As for those who pay nothing but reap the benefits? Its only fair they pay something.

It does seem though that you feel that the way back to prosperity for the country is raising the taxes of everyone including raising taxes on the poor and middle class. Is that correct?

You seem to think that taxes = prosperity.

I don't think that. I think a vibrant private sector loaded with jobs = prosperity.

I also think everyone needs skin in the game. If your gonna live in this country then you should contribute to it.

Oh and Soapbox my ass.

the rich are not evil, if anything they are good with money. I celebrate that fact! trust me.

And I think 50% of the nation not paying in needs to be addressed. Only if.... and its a huge if, all sales taxes is dropped. See, these people who have "no skin in the game" do pay taxes. these people who are not making a lot of money do pay into FICA, SS, and so on, also sales taxes when they buy goods.

I would like to see federal budget cuts and the Bush tax cuts done away with. This would be a good start and a compromise. A good place to begin dealing with our issues.

Sales tax=state and local government.
Income tax=Federal govt.

See the difference? Even rich people pay sales tax. So introducing sales tax into the argument is a red herring. The real issue is the lower 50% of income earners who pay no federal income tax.
But let's address your quotation. Can you point to any Republican, even Ron Paul, who says there should be no federal taxes at all?

You seem to think that taxes = prosperity.

I don't think that. I think a vibrant private sector loaded with jobs = prosperity.

I also think everyone needs skin in the game. If your gonna live in this country then you should contribute to it.

Oh and Soapbox my ass.

So you're never answering the question are you?

the rich are not evil, if anything they are good with money. I celebrate that fact! trust me.

And I think 50% of the nation not paying in needs to be addressed. Only if.... and its a huge if, all sales taxes is dropped. See, these people who have "no skin in the game" do pay taxes. these people who are not making a lot of money do pay into FICA, SS, and so on, also sales taxes when they buy goods.

I would like to see federal budget cuts and the Bush tax cuts done away with. This would be a good start and a compromise. A good place to begin dealing with our issues.

But obama is calling for an increase in federal income taxes and he and people like elizabeth warren keep saying -- we are all in this together. but the problem is that there are those who reap the benefits of those federal taxes yet pay NOTHING for them. its getting up to almost half of the country -- and of course they will always support more income taxes -- what do they care (or as George Bernard Shaw said, the government that robs Peter to pay Paul can count on the undying support of Paul).

you are correct they pay other taxes but they are for other things. Sales taxes are mostly as the state level and they go to services provided at the state level. As for FICA /SS please keep in mind , as the Democrats would point out vehemnetly, that those are for later benefits for the payers own welfare and that those who pay the least get the greatest return down the road on what they pay.

So you can always advocate more taxes on people and your opinion on the inequity of the current system, but there is no question that there are those who are getting a free ride with respect to the benefits that are funded by federal income taxes (and the people who Obama is after are those who are paying the most as it is). And of course who do those who are getting this free ride tend to support? Obama.

At the present time, the IRS Tax Code is progressive, that is those who earn the most pay the most in taxes. The poor end up paying no income taxes at all because, after allowable deductions, they have no taxable income. This may seem unfair, however the income tax is not the only tax burden and the same poor people who pay no income tax pay a disproportionately higher amount in other taxes.

A tax which takes a higher percentage of income from those who make less money is called a regressive tax. These regressive taxes include taxes on cigarettes, alcoholic beverages, telephone services, electricity, gasoline and other goods and services. Sales taxes on necessities also hammer the poor and middle class harder than those of higher incomes.

I don't know if anyone has ever done a study to determine how much the typical middle class worker pays in total taxes (including all imbedded taxes) and fees. I am inclined to believe that he pays a substantial percentage of his earnings, a lot more than 10-20 per cent. The progressive tax on income benefits the lower wage earner at the expense of the wealthy; however, the hundreds of regressive taxes and fees are a much heaver burden to those who can least afford them.

The only way to get everyone to pay the same rate in taxes is to do away with all regressive taxes and tax only income, but that will never happen. It will never happen because governments at all levels have an insatiable appetite for funds and they never met a tax they didn't like. In some areas, the tax on a gallon of gasoline is close to 70 cents. Everyone knows that the poor and middle class are the ones most affected by this unfair tax, but no one is doing any thing to change things. In fact, recently there was talk in Washington about increasing the tax.

I would humbly suggest that the progressive tax structure on incomes merely levels the playing field somewhat for those lower wage earners who pay a much higher rate – as a percentage of their income - for the multitude of regressive taxes and fees on goods and services.

Some posters have suggested that a tax of10% on all income would be bearable, but I disagree. There are many people who are frugal and yet still live from paycheck to paycheck. For these people a tax of just 10% on their total income would be devastating.

I find it strange that when it comes to taxing income, the government extolls the virtue of progressive taxation. However, the poor man is literally taxed to death by the many various regressive taxes imposed on him at all levels of government. And no one seems to care.

Forum List

Back