"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society."

this is a quote, by a Republican named Oliver Wendell Holmes.

what has happened to the GOP since?
why do they support tax breaks for the rich?

Im a nut for our past history when it comes to politics. And I feel this quote should remind the GOPers here that their history is a different one than what they try and portray currently. posers.

Taxes stopped becoming just the way we pay for roads, bridges and military, and became a way for Leftists to redistribute wealth from productive people to their lazy voter base.

Hopefully, with your new understanding of this you can go forth and be ignorant no more forever.

Corruption is also a price one pays for civilized society.

It's MUCH-more a matter of.....

Corruption is also a price one pays for a capitali$tic society.

Koch-Brothers-Motivational-Poster-600x480.jpg

Don't know yet = the scary part.

Premiums have risen maybe 20%.

How do you know they'll be raised then? It's ok to say Fox News told me so.

SCOTUS affirmed it was a tax. Someone has to pay it to pick up for the no-loads.

Oh so you're a freeloader who chooses to have other people pay for you rather than pay for your own insurance?! Now it all makes sense. Yes, since you are freeloading by choosing not to purchase health insurance than your taxes are going up. Time to stop leeching off of the hard working people moocher.

How do you know they'll be raised then? It's ok to say Fox News told me so.

SCOTUS affirmed it was a tax. Someone has to pay it to pick up for the no-loads.

Oh so you're a freeloader who chooses to have other people pay for you rather than pay for your own insurance?! Now it all makes sense. Yes, since you are freeloading by choosing not to purchase health insurance than your taxes are going up. Time to stop leeching off of the hard working people moocher.

I pay about $800 a month in premiums on 70/30 plan.

I pay about $800 a month in premiums on 70/30 plan.

Incorrect, since you said you're taxes are going up you are a moocher who chooses not to pay for health insurance.

So your premise is only those who those who dont buy insuranace taxes are going up ?

Not certain that is the case.

So your premise is only those who those who dont buy insuranace taxes are going up ?

Not certain that is the case.

It is the case and it's not a premise, it's fact. But you don't care about that. Keep playing your dumb semantics games and stubborn ignorance. Moocher.

I have no problem paying taxes. They are a necessary evil that WE ALL SHOULD BE PAYING.

I just have a problem with those that don't pay any Fed taxes at all. They reap the benefits of living in the good ol U. S. of A. but have no skin in the game.

As for the "evil" rich. I wish there were more of em. Those "evil" rich pay about 60% if the Fed taxes as it is.

I think they pay "their fair share" no problem. Its the 49% who pay no Fed taxes that I have a problem with.

Taxes?? You bet. They are needed to keep the country running. To bad everyone doesn't have skin in the game.

So you were opposed to the Bush tax cuts? You're ok with your taxes increasing so that those who make less than you will also have to pay? I'm fine with that for myself as well if that's what it takes to get us on track. Is that what you support?

Don't pick and choose who you raise taxes on. Raise em on everyone. That includes the 49%who pay no Fed taxes at all.

Get rid of the tax loopholes, the tax breaks, the subsidies and the EIC.

Loads of folks out there collecting thousands of dollars for their kids. Loads of em pay hardly anything in taxes yet get back thousands come tax time simply because they have kids. Someone elses tax money I might add. Christmas at tax time.

If you don't have skin in the game you don't really care who pays those taxes. Your all for raising taxes on everyone but you.

what has happened to the GOP since? why do they support tax breaks for the rich?

Im a nut for our past history when it comes to politics. And I feel this quote should remind the GOPers here that their history is a different one than what they try and portray currently. posers.

Why do you support unequal treatment by government under law?? Why do you support others paying for your government tab??

You get to complain about lower taxes on others when the 47% that do not pay federal income tax actually start contributing and paying it

I have no problem paying taxes. They are a necessary evil that WE ALL SHOULD BE PAYING.

I just have a problem with those that don't pay any Fed taxes at all. They reap the benefits of living in the good ol U. S. of A. but have no skin in the game.

As for the "evil" rich. I wish there were more of em. Those "evil" rich pay about 60% if the Fed taxes as it is.

I think they pay "their fair share" no problem. Its the 49% who pay no Fed taxes that I have a problem with.

Taxes?? You bet. They are needed to keep the country running. To bad everyone doesn't have skin in the game.

So you were opposed to the Bush tax cuts? You're ok with your taxes increasing so that those who make less than you will also have to pay? I'm fine with that for myself as well if that's what it takes to get us on track. Is that what you support?

Don't pick and choose who you raise taxes on. Raise em on everyone. That includes the 49%who pay no Fed taxes at all.

Loads of folks out there collecting thousands of dollars for their kids. Loads of em pay hardly anything in taxes yet get back thousands come tax time simply because they have kids. Someone elses tax money I might add. Christmas at tax time.

If you don't have skin in the game you don't really care who pays those taxes. Your all for raising taxes on everyone but you.

Great, save me the speech, I know the routine. So you're ok with your taxes increasing then in order to ensure that everyone pays something?

this is a quote, by a republican named oliver wendell holmes.

What has happened to the gop since? Why do they support tax breaks for the rich?

Im a nut for our past history when it comes to politics. And i feel this quote should remind the gopers here that their history is a different one than what they try and portray currently. Posers.

why do you support unequal treatment by government under law?? Why do you support others paying for your government tab??

You get to complain about lower taxes on others when the 47% that do not pay federal income tax actually start contributing and paying it

lol

Great, save me the speech, I know the routine. So you're ok with your taxes increasing then in order to ensure that everyone pays something?

If your gonna raise taxes then raise em of everyone.

If they want money the middle class is the place to go. Way more of them than the 1 or 2 percent. Shit. You could take every dime they have and it would be a drop in the bucket.

As for those who pay nothing but reap the benefits? Its only fair they pay something.

After all isn't "fairness" and paying you"fair share" what its all about??

what has happened to the GOP since? why do they support tax breaks for the rich?

Well then all 100% of Americans should pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX and at the very same rate so let's have a fair flat tax at say 15%. You agree with that?

The top 5% of taxpayers pay 40% of all Federal taxes and the bottom 50% pay zero. At what point will you be satisfied it's enough? I have no interest in attacking the rich, but not being willing to pick up a torch and join your mob isn't defending them.

Taxes no longer just go to defense and government operation.

Now, over half our budget is wealth redistribution.

The vast, vast middle America is gobbling up more and more direct payments every year.

In fact, soon those other than the rich will consume every dime we take in in direct redistributive payments:

entitlements-historical-tax-levels-606.jpg

The rich pay their share, and then some.

The masses need to be paying much, much more.

Forum List

Back