Taxation with Representation

Blagger

Rookie
Sep 8, 2010
Under your skin.
Now, as you're all notoriously aware, Great Britain triggered the loss of the Thirteen Colonies by pursuing a bizarre policy of denying its humble crown subjects representation in Parliament, leading to mass revolt that ended with British defeat at the hands of treach... er, sorry, mistreated colonists.

But what if, when asked, Parliament granted autonomy to the Thirteen Colonies and allowed it to appoint a member of Parliament to protect and represent its interests, in return for submitting to imperial law, being subjects of the crown and paying a tax to its mother country?

And in doing so, would the Thirteen Colonies have remained in the gri...er, sorry, warm embrace of the British Empire. And if so, how long?

Tried that timeline and it worked for a while but then the earth was invaded by aliens and the human race became a food source.

Last edited:
  • Banned
In case you hadn't noticed, America, I don't take kindly to being ignored. As ever, I dema..., sorry, look forward to your replies.

• Banned
Apologies for the self-serving bump, but I really would like to hear more on this from you all, other than the now absent uscitizen's bizarre, irrelevant posts.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Forum List

Back