tax !

sam111

Jan 26, 2012
I believe that if the government wants tax money they should provide us with a free website
that allows us to do are own taxes and get are own forms for free.

Why must we pay for the tax software (turbo tax ,...etc) to do are state and federal taxes
when it is the government that wants the money... why should we struggle in getting it to them. They should provide us with an easy way to get the forms and submit the forms for free if we choose to do it are selves.

I know if the world was giving me money then I would at least have an easy way for them to give it to me.... just common sense.
Some times it is the little improvements that make a big difference.... think of all the less wasted time spend driving around or trying to get software for this, and in the process people might become more knowledgeable on accounting/tax stuff... Their is simple no down fall.

Now if you don't know how to do your taxes , don't want to do it , and/or want to pay a company like H&R Block to do it for you that is another thing since they are providing you a service to complete your taxes without you having to hasel over them.

But everybody should have the ability to do their own taxes for free and in the easiest way possible.
I think it is available some what but it could be improved alot, i.e a system where people submit their taxes easy and maybe a system that records this tax stuff so that irs don't have to do so much work ... freeing them up for more important things.

I propose a law named no tax penalty without software/service availability.
Meaning you are not responsible for your tax penalties if you where not provided a reasonable way to complete your taxes by yourself ...
Analogy would be you have to be read your rights before anything else ....

But this is just theory :)

Last edited:
The IRS has a website. You can download the forms and instructions there. Unless you have your own business or you run a farm, you should be able to use the 1040A without much difficulty.

And it's "our," not "are."

well their should be a easy way for everybody.

Also on irs.gov those copies cann't be used since they all have the same barcode...
That is why they say you cann't use these forms for submitting to the irs...
But you can use them for practice or to see what the forms entail....

Though I am curious if their is a site that is easily available and free for submitting your taxes. All the ones I have seen charge a fee.

And I don't know of a universally know site that allows the submission of your tax forms that everybody can trust or validate the trusted certificate...

Should be one fix standard place ... could be on irs.gov but should be better known or easier to find and validate the confidentially , integrity , and availability of the site.

Forum List

Back