Tax the rich!!!!!!!!

Facts prove the effective tax rate is higher on the middle class than the top 1% thanks to loopholes. Tax brackets are a gimmick to fool the uneducated masses into thinking they are not actually in fact subsidizing the top 1%.

Subsidizing? Not really. Hell I could say I'm subsidizing everyone with kids because I pay more taxes simply because I don't have children.

. I don't disagree. In fact I have been a proponent for a flat tax on gross income at a single rate regardless of the source for a long time. But I don't think any income should be exempt from income taxes. You aren't exempt from gas taxes, property taxes, sales taxes so why should any of your income be exempt from income tax?

Funding your own business with your IRA is an expensive hassle. Why did they make it so cheap & easy to fund the rich corps but a nightmare to fund your own? That cuts into my profits. Just let us wright off the first $30k capital gains so we can grow the business.

You said it couldn't be done but it can.

Please..I beg you all....forget arguing about income tax, capital gains tax, payroll tax, Social security tax, and think outside the box.

ALL taxes are paid by the consumer...PERIOD. If you think raising income taxes on just one class and subsidizing other is going to help anything your wrong.

Think no tax on wages at ALL...no minimal wage. ONE flat rate consumption tax on everything.

That's fine as long as it's simple. i don't care for the Fair Tax because of the complexity of the so called prebates.

What's the sense of charging a high rate like 25% only to give some of it back to people?

It's wasteful. Just lower the rate and get rid of all the other crap.

Subsidizing? Not really. Hell I could say I'm subsidizing everyone with kids because I pay more taxes simply because I don't have children.

. I don't disagree. In fact I have been a proponent for a flat tax on gross income at a single rate regardless of the source for a long time. But I don't think any income should be exempt from income taxes. You aren't exempt from gas taxes, property taxes, sales taxes so why should any of your income be exempt from income tax?

You said it couldn't be done but it can.

Please..I beg you all....forget arguing about income tax, capital gains tax, payroll tax, Social security tax, and think outside the box.

ALL taxes are paid by the consumer...PERIOD. If you think raising income taxes on just one class and subsidizing other is going to help anything your wrong.

Think no tax on wages at ALL...no minimal wage. ONE flat rate consumption tax on everything.

That's fine as long as it's simple. i don't care for the Fair Tax because of the complexity of the so called prebates.

What's the sense of charging a high rate like 25% only to give some of it back to people?

It's wasteful. Just lower the rate and get rid of all the other crap.

I understand.....but if that is the only disagreement...I can live with that.

I suspect if you use a fair tax rate, many people will up their contributions to charity. The poor will be taken care of by local people who know the needs better.

I suspect if you use a fair tax rate, many people will up their contributions to charity. The poor will be taken care of by local people who know the needs better.

Then maybe we would not need so much government welfare. Thus lowering government expenses and less wasted money.

Win, win

Mostly I think we need to send them a message that America no longer buys the description "job creator" when referring to them and would like them to pay back some of the tax breaks we gave them to create some jobs, the ones they created in China don't count.

You want to send them a message that America no longer thinks of them as a "job creator"?

First of all, who are the "rich"? Secondly, if it is not the "rich" then who creates jobs?

And lastly, assuming the "rich" do not create jobs, are taxes merely a means of punishment for them or are you really concerned with the rising debt?

I assum you don't want "average folk" to pay more in taxes, or do you?

You assume a lot.

They have been telling us for thirty years to expect less and less for our labors, less medical coverage, less pensions, less hope for our children while we pay more and more for their energy, their food, their medicine, never mind the luxuries on life. The super rich have manipulated the government and the economy to serve their interests at our expense and like gangsters taxation is the sole leverage we have in this situation, it's time to use it like it was meant to. If the mere run of the mill wealthy have to pay for the abuses of the billionaires, well I really can't work up a lot sympathy for them when wages have been flat for thirty years and our industrial base was sold to China for short term gain.

You would have made an eager tool for the Red Guard. You seem ideally suited for easy manipulation and mindless violence. Congratulations.

Well, just about time to get ready for Christmas. I'll head over to the neighbors to trade cigarettes and alcohol for double the value in food stamps.

Flat tax on all incomes above a certain amount, including capital gains and dividends. Exempt the first $X and flat tax thereafter. The system remains progressive, loopholes are removed and the wealthy will pay more.

Mostly I think we need to send them a message that America no longer buys the description "job creator" when referring to them and would like them to pay back some of the tax breaks we gave them to create some jobs, the ones they created in China don't count.

Pay back tax breaks? Ok, fine... let's get those EIC payments back while we're at it. You know.. the tax breaks for people that pay no taxes?

:lol:

Flat tax on all incomes above a certain amount, including capital gains and dividends. Exempt the first $X and flat tax thereafter. The system remains progressive, loopholes are removed and the wealthy will pay more.

I'd be all in on that one... everybody's got skin in the game. Everybody.

I'd be all in on that one... everybody's got skin in the game. Everybody.

While it is 'better'... anything progressive, by definition, is still unequal treatment.. and I am not hot about unequal treatment by government

While it is better to be shot in the food with a 9MM than it is in the chest with a .45... I'd still rather not be shot at all

I'd rather see a lower tax on every dollar earned regardless of its source.

Why should some people be exempt from income tax?

Get rid of all deductions, exemptions and tax credits and charge a low flat rate on every dollar earned including corporate incomes.

Get rid of all deductions, exemptions and tax credits and charge a low flat rate on every dollar earned including corporate incomes.

Get rid of income tax all together!!!..imagine if companies and workers didn't have to pay any taxes how competitive our country would be in the global market. Foreign countries would flood here in the US to setup shop.

Setup a consumption tax in it's place. Then everyone (illegals, drug dealers, hookers, current tax cheats, and foreigners) would pay into the system. Plus it would be much easier to regulate because you are overseeing just the end retail companies and not EVERY single worker.

Why? Because the effect of a marginal dollar in taxes on someone making $10,000 is much more regressive than someone making $100,000.

I don't know what the number is, but let's say we tax all income at 20% above $30,000. So the guy making $20k pays 0%, the guy making $50k pays 8%. The guy making $100k pays 14%. And so on.

Forum List

Back