Tax the Rich: Fix Jobs and Deficits

First you said you want their taxes raised, now you say you don't. Then you say you do.

Which is it?

Thought my post was pretty clear. I'll clarify just for you NYC.

If the taxes on the high earners get raised then everyones taxes should be raised. That includes the 50% who pay for nothing. Pretty simple really.

After all. Fair is Fair.

The lower and middle classes will pay if things like Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security are cut. That is their share of the sacrifice.

What is wealthy's share?

The wealthiest already pay the lions share of Fed taxes.

How much more do you think they should pay??

WOW So cuts to Medicare and SS are the only sacrifice they have to make?? How about if they actually pay some Fed taxes and contribute to the cause?? They certainly have no probem sucking up anthing they can courtesy of the taxpayers of America.

Medicaid is completely funded by the taxpayers of this country. Doubt those who don't pay taxes will take a hit on that one. Nope. The only folks taking that hit are those of us who actually pay taxes and we have no say in the matter. I consider it and welfare nothing but forced charity and charity ain't in the Constitution.

Since DC Democrats and Republicans are tone deaf to anything that doesn't ring of corporate cash, it falls on workers to demand a massive public works program which can be funded by taxing corporations and the richest Americans at pre-Reagan levels.

"And it makes complete sense because the growing inequalities in wealth over the past three decades has meant a spectacular concentration of wealth at the top.

"The rich have plenty of money to spare."

Spare me the brain-dead conservative vomit about how hard the rich have "worked" for all their money.

The rich have the money because Republicans AND Democrats threw money at Wall Street banks and hedge funds instead of prosecuting the executives responsible for the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression.

The rich have the money because their chief enabler, The Federal Reserve, has fueled a major commodity bubble "that may be in the midst of bursting, possibly triggering a double dip recession."

Throw in high unemployment which allows the rich to work remaining employees harder and thus increase profits and combine it with commodity speculation and you have the entire basis for a corporate recovery which both major parties tout as "proof" of economic "recovery."

It's another lie the rich tell.

When the Fed stops purchasing 60% of US Treasury bonds, a new creditor will have to step up. One that will probably demand significantly higher interest rates before loaning anymore money to the US Government.

Surprise, surprise - the rich win again!

They got all that free bail-out money which increased the deficit.
None of them went to prison for their crimes.
Their bottom lines are being enhanced by commodity speculation and high unemployment.
And now the rich want higher interest rates for investing in US Treasury Bonds.

"In (all) instances working people pay the bills."

The Rich Are Destroying the Economy | Common Dreams

Welllllll, aren't you awfully generous with other people's money. Tell you what, since you are so big hearted, I have a proposal for you to put up or shut up. When you leave work today, drive thru the part of town where the homeless hang out. Take one home with you. I'm sure you have that "junk" room that most people have. You know, the one that is never used excpet to accumulate all the extra crap we all own. Give that room to the homeless person. Set a place at your table for them. Ask what they like to eat and tell them you'll pick it up on the next run to the grocery store. Give him a key to the house and tell him to feel free to entertain his friends. You have more than you need, share it. Then you will be justified in expecting the rich who have more than they need to hand it over becuase you think it is only fair.

Yup. They sure are generous with other peoples money.

They and all their likeminded friends should whip out their own wallets and checkbooks and pay for all those freeloaders we have in America. And thers millions of them.

Of course their money will be gone in a nanosecond but what the hey. They will feel good about themselves. Broke but good.

I think its only fair.

Since DC Democrats and Republicans are tone deaf to anything that doesn't ring of corporate cash, it falls on workers to demand a massive public works program which can be funded by taxing corporations and the richest Americans at pre-Reagan levels.

"And it makes complete sense because the growing inequalities in wealth over the past three decades has meant a spectacular concentration of wealth at the top.

"The rich have plenty of money to spare."

Spare me the brain-dead conservative vomit about how hard the rich have "worked" for all their money.

The rich have the money because Republicans AND Democrats threw money at Wall Street banks and hedge funds instead of prosecuting the executives responsible for the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression.

The rich have the money because their chief enabler, The Federal Reserve, has fueled a major commodity bubble "that may be in the midst of bursting, possibly triggering a double dip recession."

Throw in high unemployment which allows the rich to work remaining employees harder and thus increase profits and combine it with commodity speculation and you have the entire basis for a corporate recovery which both major parties tout as "proof" of economic "recovery."

It's another lie the rich tell.

When the Fed stops purchasing 60% of US Treasury bonds, a new creditor will have to step up. One that will probably demand significantly higher interest rates before loaning anymore money to the US Government.

Surprise, surprise - the rich win again!

They got all that free bail-out money which increased the deficit.
None of them went to prison for their crimes.
Their bottom lines are being enhanced by commodity speculation and high unemployment.
And now the rich want higher interest rates for investing in US Treasury Bonds.

"In (all) instances working people pay the bills."

The Rich Are Destroying the Economy | Common Dreams

Welllllll, aren't you awfully generous with other people's money. Tell you what, since you are so big hearted, I have a proposal for you to put up or shut up. When you leave work today, drive thru the part of town where the homeless hang out. Take one home with you. I'm sure you have that "junk" room that most people have. You know, the one that is never used excpet to accumulate all the extra crap we all own. Give that room to the homeless person. Set a place at your table for them. Ask what they like to eat and tell them you'll pick it up on the next run to the grocery store. Give him a key to the house and tell him to feel free to entertain his friends. You have more than you need, share it. Then you will be justified in expecting the rich who have more than they need to hand it over becuase you think it is only fair.

Yup. They sure are generous with other peoples money.

They and all their likeminded friends should whip out their own wallets and checkbooks and pay for all those freeloaders we have in America. And thers millions of them.

Of course their money will be gone in a nanosecond but what the hey. They will feel good about themselves. Broke but good.

I think its only fair.

Yep, still waiting for George to respond to the challenge to put up or shut up.

I understand the liberal concept of taxation, it is to tax the rich even more so that the left can spend even more, and to put us into even further debt. It's leftwing mathematics, they wrote a book on it called mathematics for dumbasses.

I call shenanigans. What government services does somebody who pays $500,000 per year in taxes receive that are more valuable than what is received by somebody who pays no taxes?

Access and influence. The former has no portal to power, the latter a private jet.

Where in the constitution is everyone given access and influence, not to mention a private jet?

In tangible benefits the poor get more back from the goverment then they give, the middle class usually give more than they get, and the rich give a hell of a lot more than they get.

taxespaidvsbenniesrecdcaz9.jpg

Some people consider this "fair".

Last edited:
its funny that you use the lower rungs of trickle down economics, without really knowing it. One could start at the yacht a rich person buys, or the rediculous avant garde art piece they buy from the artist of the month, and trickle down the economic benefits.

One could, but what would that prove? How many Yachts are sold a month? And even if the seller earns a nice commission, how many deli sandwhiches will s/he eat, shoes, hats, jackets and ties purchased from the mall? More than the worker on the new freeway on ramp?

Maybe the Yacht broker will buy that Art, maybe from a French dealer; don't suggest his profit will trickle down and benefit the economy as 100 workers buying 100 deli sandwhiches a day.

its not the details, its the basic premise. For years liberals have poo-poohed trickle down economics, but here, you use it as an example. The only difference is where the chain starts and who starts it.

And when it comes to yacht building, you have carpenters, electricians, plumbers, dockworkers, maritime engineers. etc. not just the boss who owns the yacht company. Plus you have is office staff, his suppliers, all these people making money.

And THATS where your deli sandwiches come in.

No argument for boats/yachts built in America. How many keels are laid in a year in the USA? How many Americans are employed in that business? Answer too: How many freeway on and off ramps? How many roadways resurfaced? How many roofs replaced? buildings built, remodels done, bricks cobbled, windows replaced, insulation added?

I love it, let's raise taxes on the rich and get maybe 70 billion a year in more revenue. Yeah, but what'll that do to a 1.6 trillion deficit? So we get to 1.53 trillion, woohoo!

And that's not counting the impact on the economy through a tax hike on the job creators, but hell, at least it'll be more fair.

Why don't we just print trillions of dollars and give everyone a few million?

Uh...no.

At least, nobody who is paying attention and has cognitive abilities doubts it.

I love it, let's raise taxes on the rich and get maybe 70 billion a year in more revenue. Yeah, but what'll that do to a 1.6 trillion deficit? So we get to 1.53 trillion, woohoo!

And that's not counting the impact on the economy through a tax hike on the job creators, but hell, at least it'll be more fair.

Why don't we just print trillions of dollars and give everyone a few million?

Did you just sell your soul to the devil?

Is it really necessary to use the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags?

Access and influence. The former has no portal to power, the latter a private jet.

Where in the constitution is everyone given access and influence, not to mention a private jet?

In tangible benefits the poor get more back from the goverment then they give, the middle class usually give more than they get, and the rich give a hell of a lot more than they get.

What's fair? When the woman with two kids is working stacking shelves at Walmart on third shift is paying the same percentage of her income as Walmart's CEO?

Or to be really fair, shouldn't she pay the same DOLLAR AMOUNT? Let's face it, even a flat percentage isn't really fair is it?

You don't get your gas and groceries priced at a percentage of your wages, right? You pay the same for a dozen eggs the millionaire pays.

Isn't that how taxes should be? I mean if you really want to talk fair. You and the millionaire should send the exact same dollar amount to the federal government, no matter what your wages.

Fair. lol.

What's fair? When the woman with two kids is working stacking shelves at Walmart on third shift is paying the same percentage of her income as Walmart's CEO?

Or to be really fair, shouldn't she pay the same DOLLAR AMOUNT? Let's face it, even a flat percentage isn't really fair is it?

You don't get your gas and groceries priced at a percentage of your wages, right? You pay the same for a dozen eggs the millionaire pays.

Isn't that how taxes should be? I mean if you really want to talk fair. You and the millionaire should send the exact same dollar amount to the federal government, no matter what your wages.

Fair. lol.

Retard alert. Another liberal that thinks stealing money from people is the Governments job so it can illegally help get votes for one party.

When people live on government handouts paid for by others' taxes, their share of influence and power is disproportional to their level of effort.

Now, explain how somebody making $250,000 per year has all that Access and Influence in their private jets, because that is the current target for tax increases. And once they are plucked, the level is sure to fall to $100,000.

There aren't enough Truly Wealthy to fund your leftwing moonbat Big Government programs.

Someone making $250,000 per year has more influence than the homeless in your example. Of course you once again ignore that I used the example of millionaires and billionaires; I'm beginning to believe your defense of your opinions is more important to you than an honest debate on the merits of two widley different means of attacking our nations economic woes.

Honest? You want to IGNORE the reality of what Obama and the Democrats want, which is to increase taxes on those making more then 200,000 and then claim you want an honest opinion?

Fair. lol.

I'll offer you the same challenge I did George.

Welllllll, aren't you awfully generous with other people's money. Tell you what, since you are so big hearted, I have a proposal for you to put up or shut up. When you leave work today, drive thru the part of town where the homeless hang out. Take one home with you. I'm sure you have that "junk" room that most people have. You know, the one that is never used excpet to accumulate all the extra crap we all own. Give that room to the homeless person. Set a place at your table for them. Ask what they like to eat and tell them you'll pick it up on the next run to the grocery store. Give him a key to the house and tell him to feel free to entertain his friends. You have more than you need, share it. Then you will be justified in expecting the rich who have more than they need to hand it over because you think it is only fair.

It always seems fair when it is someone else's excess and we are talking cash. Put it in realy terms of your own material possessions and see how quickly you aren't willing to give up your stuff for someone who has less.

The problem is so much more complex than merely the rich have too much and the poor not enough, and the solutions to this development will take so much more than merely taxing the rich, that this sort of post (while certainly welcomed by the board partisans) really serves to DISINFORM more than to inform.

Ask yourselves WHY capital has gained do much while the bottom 80% or so is losing ground.

TAXATION is a very small part of the real problem.

'

Thank you.

You could tax the rich but there is a downside to doing that, it's just reality. The fact is that even at 100% tax rates you still don't bring in enough to fix 10% of the problem.

IMO the fact that 50%+ of people not getting taxes IS part of the problem, they don't care how the money is spend as long as they don't pay for anything... Tax them and they will be in the streets demanding we get out of wars and that welfare, SS, Medicare, Medicaid get revamped and that Obamacare gets repealed, again, just reality.

It's not just the fact that so many don't pay taxes...it's the utter waste of inactivity / low productivity of living on transfer payments and/or a government job paycheck.

We have an ever shrinking ratio of people who Actually Perform Productive Jobs supporting an ever increasing ratio of those Who Produce Nothing. At some point, the system craters. We're seeing it now.

Fair. lol.

If you want her to pay the same dollar amount in taxes as the CEO of the company she would have to take out a loan.The CEO might be taxed lower but on higher earnings.
If she pays 10% on $100.00 and the CEO pays 1% on $100,000,000.00 who pays more in taxes? :eusa_whistle:

When people live on government handouts paid for by others' taxes, their share of influence and power is disproportional to their level of effort.

Now, explain how somebody making $250,000 per year has all that Access and Influence in their private jets, because that is the current target for tax increases. And once they are plucked, the level is sure to fall to $100,000.

There aren't enough Truly Wealthy to fund your leftwing moonbat Big Government programs.

Someone making $250,000 per year has more influence than the homeless in your example. Of course you once again ignore that I used the example of millionaires and billionaires; I'm beginning to believe your defense of your opinions is more important to you than an honest debate on the merits of two widley different means of attacking our nations economic woes.

This still goes away from the original premise of taxation, which is to fund the government, not to have people pay for more access, or because they have a nicer car than you, or because you think some poor people can use the money more than the "rich" person can.

Taxes pay to fund government, on this we agree. Today, taxes also pay our debt, a debt incurred because our representatives engaged in deficit spending for the last 10 years. An amount which cannot be satisfied in one year, nor can our annual deficit be balanced in one year as the TP faction of the Republican Party pretends. To cut the Federal Budget by a 100 billion dollars simply exacerbates a serous unemployment problem.

In my opinion too much wealth concentrated in too few is the bane for a republic. You may disagree but the direction of our county for the past ten years is to amass greater wealth into the hands of the few and take from the many.

It's an old story, not unique to this century or our continent. I see the New Right as a reactonary force in American politics, seeking the good old days of the gilded age where we came as close to a plutocracy as never before.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back