Tax reform and EIC

Sep 13, 2017
The word is some republicans want to take away EIC from the working poor. Do you support this move and why? It no longer affects me becuase I gave my ex's custody of the kids as I am homeless and struggling with PTSD, bi polar an Bpd. They work full time.. One is wealthy the other working poor. Both apply for the 1, 000 tax credit for each child.

Not going to happen. There will be more than enough Democrats and moderate Republicans to block this. Ronald Reagan was a big supporter of the EITC.

The word is some republicans want to take away EIC from the working poor. Do you support this move and why? It no longer affects me becuase I gave my ex's custody of the kids as I am homeless and struggling with PTSD, bi polar an Bpd. They work full time.. One is wealthy the other working poor. Both apply for the 1, 000 tax credit for each child.

Yes, the EIC should go away. Nobody should get back more than they pay in taxes.

If you're homeless, how are you on the Internet?

Yes, the EIC should go away. Nobody should get back more than they pay in taxes.

If you're homeless, how are you on the Internet?
I get social security disability for mental illness. I have no bills except internet. I live in a family shelter and I have a 2001 Saturn to charge my phone.

We should eliminate EIC and raise the child tax credit to $2000/child, with none of it refundable beyond 20% of earned income.

This would reduce fraud, eliminate the incentive to work less, and eliminate the marriage penalty, while still maintaining "welfare" to the working poor vs. EIC. And, effectively, their payroll taxes will cover nearly all of their refund.

We should eliminate EIC and raise the child tax credit to $2000/child, with none of it refundable beyond 20% of earned income.

This would reduce fraud, eliminate the incentive to work less, and eliminate the marriage penalty, while still maintaining "welfare" to the working poor vs. EIC. And, effectively, their payroll taxes will cover nearly all of their refund.
That sounds like a fair trade

If illegals were not stealing $5 billion a year in fraudulent EITC refunds there would be more money for Americans.
I agree 100 percent. I am also against refugees who never paid into the system who get low income housing before our own citizens. Living in a shelter for five months maybe for two years waiting for housing when refugees get housing in a month. Meanwhile our mentally ill is roaming the street harassing normies.

The EITC is the only tax expenditure which is proven to increase production. It is the only one with which I have zero problems.

Only an idiot would be against something which increases someone's productivity.

The EITC is the only tax expenditure which is proven to increase production. It is the only one with which I have zero problems.

Only an idiot would be against something which increases someone's productivity.

Only an idiot would believe that the Republicans might get rid of EIC.

And, your claim that EIC increases productivity should be balanced with the detrimental effect it has on people getting married (single parents cost the government a lot more, only a faggot would believe that there's government benefits to being married). Also, consider the anti-productivity affect EIC has once someone has reached the peak amount.

Only an idiot would believe that the Republicans might get rid of EIC.

I agree. I don't see the GOP ever doing that.

Forum List

Back