Tax question on the Obamas' vacations

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
I personally think we are better off when the Obamas' vacation but my question is. Will the Obamas' pay tax on the personal trips and rooms that they use on tax payers expense account. We all know we would be taxed on these items.

I personally think we are better off when the Obamas' vacation but my question is. Will the Obamas' pay tax on the personal trips and rooms that they use on tax payers expense account. We all know we would be taxed on these items.

They probably get their rooms and meals comped by the hotel.

Life sucks, doesn't it?

:razz::lol:

I'm certainly not an Obama fan, but how do we know Obamas aren't paying for lodging and meals themselves?

As for secret service and whatnot that's on the taxpayers but that's the same for any president on vacation. And I assume plane expenses too as they certainly can't fly commercial. Maybe there's protocol for the president to pay for that out of his pocket for vacations but I doubt it. Whatever, Obamas would be crazy not to handle things as previous presidents have.

I guess the Obama's just get a free pass on their income for 2009? They had something like $5m? The job doesn't pay that much and they do really have that many income generators from being Senator or a community organizer. Sounds like influence pay.

I guess the Obama's just get a free pass on their income for 2009? They had something like $5m? The job doesn't pay that much and they do really have that many income generators from being Senator or a community organizer. Sounds like influence pay.

1. $5 million isn't a lot of money.

2. He makes most of his money book sale royalties. The information is a google search away.

I'm certainly not an Obama fan, but how do we know Obamas aren't paying for lodging and meals themselves?

As for secret service and whatnot that's on the taxpayers but that's the same for any president on vacation. And I assume plane expenses too as they certainly can't fly commercial. Maybe there's protocol for the president to pay for that out of his pocket for vacations but I doubt it. Whatever, Obamas would be crazy not to handle things as previous presidents have.

I was not referring to the secret service expenses. If it is found that a room was paid for by the government on her non-working or his non-working vacation it would be taxed as income or at least it would be taxed if it were us. It is a reasonable question to ask them if this was the case.

The Obamas have not handled anything like previous presidents. How many in congress and members of his administration have been caught red handed cheating on their taxes so far?

Last edited:

They probably get their rooms and meals comped by the hotel.

Life sucks, doesn't it?

:razz::lol:

I doubt if the President is permitted to accept a gratuity

Forum List

Back