Tax poll for those who consider themselves conservatives

How do you as a conservative feel about raising taxes?

• Strictly opposed

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Basically okay with Dem plans, e.g. raising taxes on those who make a million/year

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Theoretically okay with it, with compelling assurances about spending reforms

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Undecided/Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Are you opposed to raising taxes?

That's a very general question, so I'll answer it in a very general way.... No.

The poll has slightly less general options. :) It took me a bit to get it posted because I had to get the 2nd choice below 100 characters.

When I see massive waste, fraud, abuse, tax system totally weighted in one direction... than I say no. Make reforms, make it where we all have some skin in the game, no mater how minimal it may be for the lower income, quite bailing every body from Joe Schmo to Wall St. out.. then if you need a little more, let's talk.

I am all for raising taxes... as long as that means that everyone else is raised to the same % taxation on every dollar made... but funny thing is... I bet you at that point, people would complain about tax rates and complain about unchecked government spending

In a realistic light... I support cutting spending, and bringing the ~50% who have no stake in the federal income tax game, into the game

Are you opposed to raising taxes?

I suspect there's a pun alert needed.

I support the notion that a government may (legitimately) raise taxes.

I do not support the notion that our government ought to raise them any higher than they already are.

I support lowering the amount of taxes the government may permissibly raise.

Forum List

Back