Tax Payers To Pay For Illegals Medical Care

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Shouldn't they change the title to:

U.S. Tax Payers to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

---------------------------------

U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 Posted: 9:59 AM EDT (1359 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Health care providers can charge the government for emergency care provided to illegal aliens beginning Tuesday.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued final guidance Monday that sets up a system for reimbursement. Lawmakers set aside $1 billion over four years for the program, created by Medicare legislation passed in 2003.

For hospitals in border states, the additional money can mean the difference between running a profitable business or an unprofitable one, said Don May, vice president of policy for the American Hospital Association.

"I don't know if it will completely change their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the border, this is going to make a difference in ensuring they are there to treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all the patients living in those communities," May said.

Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health care providers based on a state's percentage of undocumented aliens. The remaining third will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests of undocumented aliens.

The states receiving the highest amounts in the current fiscal year are California, $70.8 million; Texas, $46 million; Arizona, $45 million; and New York, $12.25 million.

Payments to providers will be made on a quarterly basis and will be adjusted proportionately if the bills exceed the state's allocation.

One group that advocates stricter immigration policies said the government's reimbursement of hospitals was the right thing to do.

"It seems to me that if the federal government has abdicated its responsibility for immigration enforcement, then it's responsible for making those jurisdictions whole," said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a think tank based in Washington.

I know an even better way to handle all the illegals who need medical care. and it would cost the U.S. Taxpayers less money.

1. One-Way Bus Ticket
2. "Border-Pass" good for entry TO Mexico.

Wonderful.

We wonder why medical costs are so high... here's a clue. Our taxes and insurance go to ILLEGALS. Not just poor American citizens, which liberals and conservatives can have a healthy debate about, but PEOPLE WHO AREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TO BEGIN WITH!

And they wonder how a good Catholic boy like me could end up a fan of David Duke.

If we shoot them as they're climbing the wall, and they fall back into Mexico, then we wouldn't be paying for any of it, would we?

gop_jeff said:
If we shoot them as they're climbing the wall, and they fall back into Mexico, then we wouldn't be paying for any of it, would we?

Seriously shocked at that statement Jeff.

gop_jeff said:

What if they fall the other way? Then we are stuck.

gop_jeff said:
Easy OCA... it was a facetious comment.

But we do need to do something to keep the illegals out.

Ok I wasn't upset, just taken aback has you are usually pretty level headed.

GotZoom said:
Shouldn't they change the title to:

U.S. Tax Payers to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

---------------------------------

U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 Posted: 9:59 AM EDT (1359 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Health care providers can charge the government for emergency care provided to illegal aliens beginning Tuesday.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued final guidance Monday that sets up a system for reimbursement. Lawmakers set aside $1 billion over four years for the program, created by Medicare legislation passed in 2003.

For hospitals in border states, the additional money can mean the difference between running a profitable business or an unprofitable one, said Don May, vice president of policy for the American Hospital Association.

"I don't know if it will completely change their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the border, this is going to make a difference in ensuring they are there to treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all the patients living in those communities," May said.

Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health care providers based on a state's percentage of undocumented aliens. The remaining third will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests of undocumented aliens.

The states receiving the highest amounts in the current fiscal year are California, $70.8 million; Texas, $46 million; Arizona, $45 million; and New York, $12.25 million.

Payments to providers will be made on a quarterly basis and will be adjusted proportionately if the bills exceed the state's allocation.

One group that advocates stricter immigration policies said the government's reimbursement of hospitals was the right thing to do.

"It seems to me that if the federal government has abdicated its responsibility for immigration enforcement, then it's responsible for making those jurisdictions whole," said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a think tank based in Washington.

Since medicaid is State run and reimbursed somewhat by the Fed's I am just wondering if the new addition to my Nevada Vehicle registration is part of this madness...Under registration fee they added a new fee "Basic Gov SVCS tax..On my Mustang conv it was $13.00...On my Jeep Cherokee limited it was $17.00..Don't know about y'all but I'm just about taxed out.....running outta money here...I say the hell with the illegals...I have no compassion left!

archangel said:
Since medicaid is State run and reimbursed somewhat by the Fed's I am just wondering if the new addition to my Nevada Vehicle registration is part of this madness...Under registration fee they added a new fee "Basic Gov SVCS tax..On my Mustang conv it was $13.00...On my Jeep Cherokee limited it was $17.00..Don't know about y'all but I'm just about taxed out.....running outta money here...I say the hell with the illegals...I have no compassion left!

Yes blame all new taxes and fees on illegals.

gop_jeff said:
Easy OCA... it was a facetious comment.

But we do need to do something to keep the illegals out.

Start with going after the business and farmers that hire illegal aliens. Starting with the nearest construction companies near you. If the government seriously threatened to take these businesses away, there won’t be an illegal alien in sight. If they can’t make a living, they won’t stay. At least most of them won’t.

If the government can’t just take these business, then we should at least tax these industry we know hire illegal aliens, starting with farmers, then construction and restaurants. It is not like the country doesn’t know where illegal work Politicians aren’t that dumb, are they?

Don’t answer, I know this. :fifty:

OCA said:
Yes blame all new taxes and fees on illegals.

I did not blame all new taxes on illegals...however quite a few points in their direction..also this new Nevada veh reg tax addition came just as this post was refering to new taxes...gee wonder why this made me suspicious? ;)

Markainion said:
Start with going after the business and farmers that hire illegal aliens. Starting with the nearest construction companies near you. If the government seriously threatened to take these businesses away, there won’t be an illegal alien in sight. If they can’t make a living, they won’t stay. At least most of them won’t.

If the government can’t just take these business, then we should at least tax these industry we know hire illegal aliens, starting with farmers, then construction and restaurants. It is not like the country doesn’t know where illegal work Politicians aren’t that dumb, are they?

Don’t answer, I know this. :fifty:

Mark, I think that fines on businesses that hire illegals is a great idea. I say $50,000 each would be a good place to start.

1) I second going after businesses. The feds have the power to do this but enforcement is very lax.

2) Another solution: Sue companies that hire illegals under RICO laws for lowering the wages of legal citizens. It has been done before, not sure if it was successful but it's a tasty idea.

3) Shooting illegals coming in may sound shocking, but a) They are about to invade our nation. You're allowed to shoot intruders to your home, and your nation is your home. They're coming here to commit theft and plunder and rape no less than Vikings of old. They are essentially foreign warriors declaring war on our people, our property, our land, you name it. You'd also shoot a Chinese communist landing on the beach with his gun (I hope!). These Mexicans are no less enemies... in fact, they're worse! Also, b), shooting shows you're serious. That will cut down on the numbers coming in. Right now, they know the gringos don't take anything seriously.

Please note: The following is NOT a joke or a parody. It is the Mexican government's illustrated guide to "coming to America," aka breaking and entering.

Here:

http://amren.com/mexguide/mexguide.html

William Joyce said:
1) I second going after businesses. The feds have the power to do this but enforcement is very lax.

2) Another solution: Sue companies that hire illegals under RICO laws for lowering the wages of legal citizens. It has been done before, not sure if it was successful but it's a tasty idea.

3) Shooting illegals coming in may sound shocking, but a) They are about to invade our nation. You're allowed to shoot intruders to your home, and your nation is your home. They're coming here to commit theft and plunder and rape no less than Vikings of old. They are essentially foreign warriors declaring war on our people, our property, our land, you name it. You'd also shoot a Chinese communist landing on the beach with his gun (I hope!). These Mexicans are no less enemies... in fact, they're worse! Also, b), shooting shows you're serious. That will cut down on the numbers coming in. Right now, they know the gringos don't take anything seriously.

Please note: The following is NOT a joke or a parody. It is the Mexican government's illustrated guide to "coming to America," aka breaking and entering.

Here:

http://amren.com/mexguide/mexguide.html

Ya know, this is an interesting point. Almost all, if not a vast majority of countries will immediately detain any person who is not authorized to be in their country. Do you think mexico treats US citizens who are there illegally nice? Maybe if they have millions. But do you think they would allow poor americans to go there undocumented? NO. Name a country that is so generous to its illegals as the US. And dont' say britain, because they just became much more strict, much more.

The thing that irks me, is that people say, well, they do the work that no one else will do. They are our nannies, our crop pickers, whatever. Read history, grapes of wrath for a start, and you will find this is false, absolutely false. It is only because the illegals will put up with insane working conditions (because they are illegal) to work here. Well now, they have virtually the same work condition safeties that we have. Now they have education and medical. Great! Thank you hollywood for hiring cheap nannies!!!

And now for another bit courtesy of "World Net Daily", for those familiar with the site: it costs us five billion to imprison them when they commit the crimes no American is willing to commit.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/05/feds_pay_58_bil.php

Why house them at American taxpayer expense? It would cost much less to simply ship them back to Mexico or their home country and not allow them to return.

archangel said:

Your registration is on $13? Shit its $35 here in PA to be done once a year. then another $35 every 6 years to renew our license. We're getting hosed.

Forum List

Back