Tax Free Weekends

LibertyForAll

Nov 3, 2011
St. Louis, Mo
Tax Free Weekends, which are offered in my area to help people out with school supplies and clothes, are proof that taxation dampens the economy. As soon as the restrictions are lifted people go out in droves to spend their money. Now you may say that this is unsustained growth but I would say to you that people will spend money if they have it and they would have it if it wasn't being taken by the government and wasted. This would show increased demand and would recquire a boost in supply which means job growth. Taxations skews the normal supply/demand cycle and inhibits the free market. If you want to help poor people help them get jobs by putting money back where it will do the most good...in the hands of the people.

Many states exempt food, clothes, medicine etc...from the sales tax to make it more affordable for low income people. Your state is apparently not one of them.

Taxation is theft by coercion.force/violence.

And please, spare me the "but then who would build the roads?" argument. Roads were here before government decided to project manage their "development".

My point was that taxation inhibits economic growth and therefore job creation. I am not against all forms of taxation but cutting spending would reduce the demands by government and would enable the reduction of taxes. Once taxes go down people will spend more and the economy will grow. It all starts with a reduction in the size of government though.

Tax Free Weekends, which are offered in my area to help people out with school supplies and clothes, are proof that taxation dampens the economy. As soon as the restrictions are lifted people go out in droves to spend their money. Now you may say that this is unsustained growth but I would say to you that people will spend money if they have it and they would have it if it wasn't being taken by the government and wasted. This would show increased demand and would recquire a boost in supply which means job growth. Taxations skews the normal supply/demand cycle and inhibits the free market. If you want to help poor people help them get jobs by putting money back where it will do the most good...in the hands of the people.

Speaking of tax free weekends.

When I need certain things I go to the reservation and pay no sales tax at all.

In fact the greed of this admin had become so strong I think I am going to make it a routine.

I have no issues with tax evasion schemes. With our spending problem its called tough love.

The state will always look to grow itself. In the name of public good and an assortment of other nonsensical catch phrases.

We started out with very minimal taxation and govt. Just look how that turned out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5FNDRgPOLs&feature=player_embedded]Message to the Voting Cattle - Larken Rose - YouTube[/ame]

I found some of this fictitous speech rather spot on and the parts I didn't necessarily subscribe to got me thinking.

And please, spare me the "but then who would build the roads?" argument. Roads were here before government decided to project manage their "development".

After government came along, we built a lot more roads. Without government, we wouldn't have built the interstate highway system in the 1950's.

Where was that? Who built them? Were they widened game trails?

Give me a history of how entities, other than government, ever built a comprehensive road system

In fact the greed of this admin had become so strong I think I am going to make it a routine.

I have no issues with tax evasion schemes. With our spending problem its called tough love.

Look who isn't paying their fair share. You should be proud.

I have paid more then my fair share.

The marriage penalty insisted on that.

Yes you forgot the low life democrats invented that penalty didnt you.

After government came along, we built a lot more roads. Without government, we wouldn't have built the interstate highway system in the 1950's.

After govt. came along? People built roads since the intiation of commerce. Some were established game trails. Some indian trails, etc....

Without governmetn we would all just sit around and wait for a way to transport goods, heh? :lmao:

You're entitled to believe that if you'd like. Thank god for those extremely intelligent politicians whom without we would all still be walking barefoot and eating twigs and berries. LOL.

"Fair share".

Because he should give up what belongs to him to government, instead of commencing in voluntary exchange?

I think he should be proud to look to side step the confiscation of his belongings by govt. in the name of public good. If ou want to give your money to statists, go for it. but to think someone else should follow along because YOU want to guilt them is laughable. But you'll ask you religious leaders, the state, to take what is his by force and this somehow gives you compassion and moral credit. :lmao:

I have paid more then my fair share.

The marriage penalty insisted on that.

Yes you forgot the low life democrats invented that penalty didnt you.

I didn't forgot that you're an admitted tax evader and a mooch on people who actually contribute to society.

"Fair share".

Because he should give up what belongs to him to government, instead of commencing in voluntary exchange?

I think he should be proud to look to side step the confiscation of his belongings by govt. in the name of public good. If ou want to give your money to statists, go for it. but to think someone else should follow along because YOU want to guilt them is laughable. But you'll ask you religious leaders, the state, to take what is his by force and this somehow gives you compassion and moral credit. :lmao:

Baaaaa says the sheep. Time to turn off Faux news and use your own brain. I know that's tough for you CONServatives.

Keep parroting the same shit though, it obviously has taken you far in life.

Forum List

Back