Tax Delinqent Federal Workers: Pay or Loose Your Job.

yota5

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Mashpee, MA
This isn't law yet but it's about time. This legislation will probably spur on more liberal angst. How dare a House legislative panel demand the federal employees be held to the same standard of the rest of America. This issue clearly illustrates libs don't oppose the burden of increased taxes. Lib's don't pay taxes. Even Timothy Geithner, Sec of Treasury, the head of the IRS, was tax delinquent when Obama tapped him to take this post.

"A House legislative panel this week approved a crackdown on federal employees who owe back taxes to Uncle Sam.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee passed a bill on Wednesday that would terminate the employment of federal workers who are seriously delinquent on their taxes and another that prevents seriously delinquent taxpayers from getting a job with the federal workforce.

The bills define "seriously delinquent tax debt" as an outstanding debt for which a notice of lien has been filed in the public record. But federal workers who enter installment arrangements to pay off their tax debts would not be affected.

Currently, only IRS employees can be fired for not paying federal income taxes.

The bills now head to the full GOP-led House for a vote. The fate of the bills in the Democratic-led Senate is unclear.

"The bills we reported today further the Oversight and Government Reform Committee's core mission of ensuring that money Washington takes from taxpayers is well spent, and contributes to an efficient and effective government," Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the committee said in a statement.

The panel also passed a bill that increases the probationary period for new hires from one to two years.

Taken together, the bills are part of an effort to hold workers who have better benefits than the private sector to a higher standard."

Read more: House Panel Passes Bill Cracking Down on Tax Delinquent Federal Workers - FoxNews.com

Michelle Malkin » Obama’s Treasury Secretary: Tax rules for thee, but not for me; Update: Link to Senate Finance Cmte docs added

I don't really have a problem with people who don't wanna' pay their taxes, it shows that they still have that revolutionary, independent, "keep your hands off my stuff" attitude. I like that.

Now when those same people expect others to pay more, then I get upset.

This isn't law yet but it's about time. This legislation will probably spur on more liberal angst. How dare a House legislative panel demand the federal employees be held to the same standard of the rest of America. This issue clearly illustrates libs don't oppose the burden of increased taxes. Lib's don't pay taxes. Even Timothy Geithner, Sec of Treasury, the head of the IRS, was tax delinquent when Obama tapped him to take this post.

"A House legislative panel this week approved a crackdown on federal employees who owe back taxes to Uncle Sam.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee passed a bill on Wednesday that would terminate the employment of federal workers who are seriously delinquent on their taxes and another that prevents seriously delinquent taxpayers from getting a job with the federal workforce.

The bills define "seriously delinquent tax debt" as an outstanding debt for which a notice of lien has been filed in the public record. But federal workers who enter installment arrangements to pay off their tax debts would not be affected.

Currently, only IRS employees can be fired for not paying federal income taxes.

The bills now head to the full GOP-led House for a vote. The fate of the bills in the Democratic-led Senate is unclear.

"The bills we reported today further the Oversight and Government Reform Committee's core mission of ensuring that money Washington takes from taxpayers is well spent, and contributes to an efficient and effective government," Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the committee said in a statement.

The panel also passed a bill that increases the probationary period for new hires from one to two years.

Taken together, the bills are part of an effort to hold workers who have better benefits than the private sector to a higher standard."

Read more: House Panel Passes Bill Cracking Down on Tax Delinquent Federal Workers - FoxNews.com

Michelle Malkin » Obama’s Treasury Secretary: Tax rules for thee, but not for me; Update: Link to Senate Finance Cmte docs added

Federal employees should have the same standards as private employees. I cannot be fired for failure to pay taxes. My wages can be garnished though.

Seems reasonable.

But since the Federal Government already controls their paycheck, why not just garnish the wage? Seems easier than firing

Forum List

Back