Tax Cuts Work Everytime

Clinton raised taxes alright - even on Social Security reciepents. Real liberal compassion

Also, he had to deal with a Republican Congress who cut spending (I wish they would have remembered that over the last several years)

Revenue went up during Kennedy, Reagan, and Pres Bush. Revenues DOUBLED over the eight years of Reagan to over $1 trillion when he left office

When you tax any activity, you want to encourage the activity so you will take in revenue. Libs continue to tax tobacco to a point where people quit or find other ways to buy them (like internet sites where the government makes zero on them)

If you raise taxes, you will make less revenue, stop the economic activity, and slow the economy

Clinton raised taxes alright - even on Social Security reciepents. Real liberal compassion

Also, he had to deal with a Republican Congress who cut spending (I wish they would have remembered that over the last several years)

Revenue went up during Kennedy, Reagan, and Pres Bush. Revenues DOUBLED over the eight years of Reagan to over $1 trillion when he left office

When you tax any activity, you want to encourage the activity so you will take in revenue. Libs continue to tax tobacco to a point where people quit or find other ways to buy them (like internet sites where the government makes zero on them)

If you raise taxes, you will make less revenue, stop the economic activity, and slow the economy

It doesn't matter what revenue does if ultimately you're spending more to take in. You are not seeing the big picture. The whole point of raising revenue is to have the government earn more money. Regan's supply side economics did not balance the budget. His huge amount of government spending, and the situation in the middle east are what caused revenue to increase. However, it did not increase enough to offset the costs, and so it was ultimately useless. What matters is balancing the budget.

It doesn't matter what revenue does if ultimately you're spending more to take in. You are not seeing the big picture. The whole point of raising revenue is to have the government earn more money. Regan's supply side economics did not balance the budget. His huge amount of government spending, and the situation in the middle east are what caused revenue to increase. However, it did not increase enough to offset the costs, and so it was ultimately useless. What matters is balancing the budget.

Fact - revenues DOUBLED under Pres Reagan due to his tax cuts which caused economic growth

Fact - The Dem Congress damn near doubled spending

Fact - deficitds are NOT caused by lack of revenue but by spending. Government does not have a shortage of money - they have to much money

Fact - revenues DOUBLED under Pres Reagan due to his tax cuts which caused economic growth

Fact - The Dem Congress damn near doubled spending

Fact - deficitds are NOT caused by lack of revenue but by spending. Government does not have a shortage of money - they have to much money

Did you know that government spending is included in the calculation of the GDP. Increasing spending also has the effect of increasing income of citizens, and therefore increases tax returns. The large amount of government spending caused economic growth. Government spending is a direct input into calculating GDP. The increase in revenue was due to spending, and the oil price in the middle east. I suggest you go back and review introductory economics.

Did you know that government spending is included in the calculation of the GDP. Increasing spending also has the effect of increasing income of citizens, and therefore increases tax returns. The large amount of government spending caused economic growth. Government spending is a direct input into calculating GDP. The increase in revenue was due to spending, and the oil price in the middle east. I suggest you go back and review introductory economics.

I suggest you drop the liberal talking points about how false the great economy is. Current economic numbers are equal to or better then Clintons

I ask you again - how much more in taxes do you want the small minority of the taxpayers to fork over?

I suggest you drop the liberal talking points about how false the great economy is. Current economic numbers are equal to or better then Clintons

You've said that before, and I've shot you down. Don't come back until you have some new material. I've already argued, and beat you in the debate about comparing Clinton's numbers and Bush's numbers. You'll find that Clinton had a much higher annual growth rate than Bush. You'll also find that Clinton had a surplus, and Bush did not. All you've been able to do is to make excuses to why Bush's numbers don't compare favorably to Clinton's.

I ask you again - how much more in taxes do you want the small minority of the taxpayers to fork over?

I'll ask you, how many more times do I have to answer this question? Why do you keep asking, do you not read my posts? I would like the tax levels to be reset to Clinton era levels. You're just recycling your old material, and posting articles of talking points. Don't bother to come back until you have something new.

You've said that before, and I've shot you down. Don't come back until you have some new material. I've already argued, and beat you in the debate about comparing Clinton's numbers and Bush's numbers. You'll find that Clinton had a much higher annual growth rate than Bush. You'll also find that Clinton had a surplus, and Bush did not. All you've been able to do is to make excuses to why Bush's numbers don't compare favorably to Clinton's.

I'll ask you, how many more times do I have to answer this question? Why do you keep asking, do you not read my posts? I would like the tax levels to be reset to Clinton era levels. You're just recycling your old material, and posting articles of talking points. Don't bother to come back until you have something new.

Clinton had a surplus on paper - the corporate book cooking happened under his eight years and the economy was built on a house of cards

Pres Bush cut the top marginal rate from 36% to 33% - hardly a huge cut

Forum List

Back